1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time to remake the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, May 7, 2012.

1. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

Your right that we dont need a pg on his level so why compare the two?

If you think adding him would not help this team then your an idiot. You ask any nonRockets fan and they will tell you the same thing.

2. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

I agree with you. I am just tired of all these fans thinking our players are better than certain players in the league. If our players are so great than we would be making the playoffs every year. If our players were so great than Morey would not consider all of them assets and change them every three years.

Another example is C Lee. Good role player but he is a sixth man. People are talking about him being a must keep player. The problem with that is they say the same thing about Parsons. The Rockets will not go anywhere with these two starting. Rockets need a consistent scorer in one of those spots.

3. lr22

lr22 Member

Scola shouldn't be traded even though he is declining while his contract is not good at all.
    Every team, yes not every contending team nor playoffs team but every team in the league needs leadership and experience of veteran players.
    Plus, of 3 of our core players (Lowry, Martin and Scola), Scola is the most difficult man to be traded for some value (Lowry: a quality player with cheap contract, Martin: at least he is an expiring next season).
    I agree with an idea that we should remake the team with young promising talents, but Scola is indispensable for us for the grouth of young guys.

4. rocketkid713

rocketkid713 Member

get scola out of here, i like his hustle and heart but we need to improve the pf i trust in d-mo

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Addind him sure helped the Ne....oh yeah. Get over the name, cause that is all you are asking for. Yes he could help us get to the playoffs, but so could Dragic with a full season of starting under his belt.
    You nutriders talk as if Deron is 4-5 levels above what we already have. In reality, he is only .8 levels. I gaurantee that Morey feels the same way and will not pursue a lateral move like this.

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Good job, OP.

Completely agree that we must remake the team. Give plenty of pt to our new and to-be acquired talent and see if we can develop at least one star out of the bunch. No more giving 5 minutes here and there, every 5 games.

Rep'd.

7. rockets06

rockets06 Member

Should be top priority!! The front office needs to make some major changes in this organization so that we're not constantly 3rd wheel in Texas. I agree Martin, Budinger, & Dalembert shouldn't be too hard to move with all of them having expiring contracts, but Scola might be the toughest. They need to address the PG & C position though.
    - Are we trading Lowry to sign Dragic or letting Dragic walk
    - Are we going to pick up Dalembert option, draft a C, resign Camby

Something has to happen! We have two picks in the 1st along with Motiejunas coming over, don't just add three rookies with the same roster & say battle it out for playing time. It's time to make some noise instead of staying put. I'd like to know who's in the Rockets future starting this year, instead of hearing everyone's available at the right price around every trade deadline.

8. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

One is a 3 time all-star and the other might become one some day. Morey is tired of gathering assets and hoping they can acquire an all-star. He is desperate for any all-star. He was about to trade for a 32 year wuss in Gasol. Gasol alone wouldnt get the Rockets anywhere yet he was about to trade for him and his 19mil contract.

Making lateral moves is what Morey has been about. Have you not been keeping up with the Rockets? They have been finding and trading role players for the last few years. It is time for a change and he knows it.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Essentially 4 rookies, almost, given how MMorris didn't play jack/squat minutes all year.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He'll still be a vet.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Agreed that we need to remake our team. But i'm def. looking at this from a long-term perspective. I'd like to be real contenders in 3 years, and i'd like a solid foundation to keep us contenders for the long-term. So ...

While i agree that virtually everyone on our roster should be available for upgrade, I would like to retain Goran Dragic and Chandler Parsons. I also wouldn't mind keeping the rights to Dontas.

As fars as Camby, I could see bringing him back to mentor and help develop a young big, but we shouldn't overpay, and we need to go out and get that young guy.

I think it makes sense to trade Bud and Lee, because they are both in the last year of a value contract, and will likely be too expensive to keep going forward. Martin should be traded for whatever we can get, as he is a FA after next season, and isn't part of our future plans. Scola is actually a bad contract on the books now, and should be packaged with a good contract to get an impact player in returen. Lowry should fetch a nice draft pick or a young up-and-coming player. Dalembert should also fetch something positive as well. Too early to give up on Morris, but he and Pat should be available for the right price. We also might want to consider trading the rights to LLull since he's older, and presumably we'd have our starting PG locked depending on how the Lowry/Dragic issue shakes out.

So those are some good assets, and hopefully Morey uses them to build a long-term contender, rather than gambling on over-the-hill superstars like Pau Gasol. I think it's pretty obvious that we are not a Pau Gasol away from contention, and it does nothing to put us on long-term competitive footing.

12. rockets06

rockets06 Member

I completely agree! I see that we should retain Parsons & Motiejunas with everyone else being available for the right price. But got to figure out the PG situation between Lowry & Dragic. They should actually consider amnesty cutting Scola if they can't trade him. I know Camby wants to come back but dont just dish out a B. Miller contract cause we need a young center in here to teach if we want to compete in the next 2-3 yrs. As for Llull I can't say trade his rights cause he'd be 25 about to turn 26 if he comes over for the 2013-14 season & Ginobili was about the same age when he came into the league & you see how he's done, but if he doesn't come over that year then yes we got to consider trading his rights. But the player of interest IMO should be J. Harden next trade deadline or offseason to get this team in the right direction along with possibly S. Llull would be a great start. Just need to set ourselves up going into the 2013-14 season.

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

the pg situation is definatly tricky... me personally i like lowry, he is my favorite player and was becoming the team leader dragic was fantastic and he had great up-tempo chemistry with c.lee... but morey is a wise business man and lowry at 5mill is a steal... dragic will likely make 7-8mill... i will support either one but i have a feeling we will trade lowry and resign dragic.. if we do that than fine... trade scola and lowry for gasol... trade k.mart or amnesty him...resign c.lee...sign javelle mcgee to a contract denver wont match...resign camby to a vets minimum...trade llull and ppat... draft backcourt depth at 14 & 16...

Dragic,1st rd pick,fortson
    Lee,budinger,1strd pick
    Parsons,budinger,morris
    Gasol,motiejunas,morris
    McGee,Camby,motiejunas

14. lalala902102001

We need to get a new franchise player. That would involve some serious tanking next season. Get rid of Scola, Martin, and Lowry and get some picks. That's all.