1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time......to call out stupidity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, May 1, 2017.

1. basketballholic

Can't make tweaks to roster now. I've already stated what tweaks to the rotation we need to maximize what teeny tiny chance we have to win a championship this year.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I meant this offseason.

But since we're in the here and now what would you choose to change? Run a perfectly healthy and fresh Nene to the ground with 30+ minutes a game? Throw Trevor Williams in there with total disregard of his subpar defense for more scoring on the floor? Or throw Montrezl Harrell in just so he'd stop whining on the bench, were he belongs at the time until his defense improves as well...?

There's nothing to tweak. Go with what's working that's all we have to do.

3. basketballholic

Ingles is a crafty high bball iq player. Sure he can pass. But he cannot create and pass. He's another one of what we already have in spades. Once again, like him. But our offense needs a second great creator who sees the floor, can create the shot, and then find the guy with the open shot, and can do it without turning the ball over like Harden does.

4. basketballholic

I've already stated we'll have to minimize Capela's minutes and maximize Nene's minutes. And we'll have to see at some point where Harrell or Nanu can help us on the interior. I stated all my points before the playoffs started. Nothing has changed in that regard.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It's about you because you are the one making bogus claims like David Lee has the advantage against Clint, and that we will be unplayable. It's silly.

So if we win this series against the Spurs with Clint starting at center you won't admit you're wrong? You will change it to, we won't be able to beat the Warriors because of Capela? I promise you, Capela will not be the reason we loose against the Warriors, KD/Curry/Klay/Green will, not West/McGee/Zaza.

I'm not sure we will even beat the Spurs, we had an amazing game but it was just one game. That being said Clint dominated the Spurs bigs, the only big on that team that can guard Clint is Dedmon. Outside of that Clint will wreck the spurs unless they double him on PnR's like OKC did, either way Clint is a huge positive, because either he's drawing a double therefor opening up a wing or scoring.

On defense he alters/blocks a lot of shots, he rebounds very well, one of our biggest problems is rebounding from the 4 spot and team box outs, I'm so sick of seeing Capela get a stop just to see someone not to switch on Capelas man or not box out their own. Capela is on a island with defensive rebounding on this team. The perimeter defense is also lagging, they let their man get into the paint way too often, Anderson/Lou are the biggest culprits but as a team the perimeter D could be much better.

You fail to see any of these despite you expert analysis, you continue to back your bogus claims and unjustified criticism of Capela. If we win against the Spurs and Clint plays decent you're taking an L for the "it's time thread", for claiming he will be unplayable, for claiming he will get dominated by the Spurs bigs, claiming Lee will outplay him.

roslolian, charlieaustin and BigMaloe like this.
  6. basketballholic

Capela does well when he's allowed to run free and doesn't have to deal with physical contact and compressed spacing. He does well on both ends in that scenario. When opponents target him on both ends though and they get physical with him he disappears like a cheap tent in a windstorm.

7. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I get your point, but what is your other option, trade Harden and wait for the cycle to restart, and then suppose you can get another superstar. Accepting your NOT contender status puts you to rebuild. Our best bet is going through Spurs, and giving the Warriors the best we can, you never know, but I agree with you, we have to be positioned in players mind as the best alternative to the Warriors.

We need more help, but we need it because we live in the Warriors and Lebron Era.

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

You guys are using valuable bandwidth arguing with a disabled person

Ranny, BigMaloe, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Rubio? As in Ricky?

I don't understand why you think this team in the midst of a (pretty significant) playoff run would NOW try and see what Harrell and (a rookie) Nanu can do. NOW? Of all times?! Wow you are off your rocker. If anything that's what you do at the end of the regular season, when they have the 3rd seed all locked up.

Oh wait...... that already happened. You're ridiculous dude. I see why you get so much backlash for playing armchair Coach now. You need to take my advice and relax. Enjoy "your" team's awesome playoff run and stop typing.

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I absolutely hate the way this guy makes it seem like if the rockets don't win a championship this year then he is right about everything. If the rockets don't win a championship it's probably either because of a historically great coach, a super team of 4 all stars, or arguably the best player to EVER play the game...not because David lee is better than Capela. What an ignoramus

Ranny, jordnnnn, BigMaloe and 7 others like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

QFT.

Never mind the fact the rockets are playing some of the best team basketball in the history of the organization. Actually league for that matter

BigMaloe and Pen15clubber like this.
  12. basketballholic

If we win this series it will be because the Spurs had a major injury or we had an incredible run of luck, last nights performance not withstanding. We played great last night. We played exactly the way I expect us to play when our opponents give us the three and don't rough us up on the interior. We played to our identity. We have to be defended at the three point line or else we will likely win most every seven game series we play because we aren't going to shoot badly for 4 games out of seven when left open like that.

There is NO BETTER playoff adjustor than Popovich in the history of the NBA. He will adjust. And this series is going to get rough and nasty very quickly. And we don't respond well in those situations.

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You will take the L if we win this series with Clint Capela starting. I don't know if we will, I don't have irrational confidence in my own beliefs like you do, I know how talented the Spurs are and will be shocked if they don't put up a fight. But if we win with Capela, you will take that L.

YOLO likes this.
  15. basketballholic

I'm not for trading Harden......unless he refuses the roster changes and adjustments to his game that he needed to make for us to win championships.

The data is all there. The picture can easily be put together by the Rockets staff and a presentation made to Harden that would convince anybody with a lick of sense what needs to be done. I'd put thepresentation together and sell him on it with everything I've got. But the front office has to be aligned. So Les would have to be sold first. Harden needs his Pippen and Rodman. It's just that simple. Yet so difficult. Because it will require that Harden be willing to play off the ball to the extent Jordan did. It would mean a lowering of Harden's usage similar to what Lebron had to do with Wade and Kyrie. Doesn't mean Harden can't play the point. It means Harden would need to accept sharing the point, just like LeBron and MJ did.

Then go get a true point to play with Harden and Bev and Gordon and Lou. Have Harden play more minutes and the three and four defensively, another sacrifice fit him because it will take some energy away from him that he will no longer have on the offensive end. And go get a defensive monster at the 5.

16. basketballholic

Will be glad to for the win. I do not have irrational confidence in my opinion. But I don't have irrational exuberance. And that's the problem, irrational exuberance combined with being happy as an also-ran.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't either, I stated I thought we'd loose in 5 or 6. I also just stated I'm not sure we will win, and fully expect the Spurs to put up a big fight.

I'm not happy being a looser, but making WCF by knocking off a 60 win Spurs team would be a win for us IMO. I expected us to win about 45 games, be 8th or 7th seed, and to be knocked out easily in the 1st round. This team has vastly overachieved my expectations due to our role players, MDA's system and Harden.

Vivi likes this.
  18. marky :)

marky :) Member

Deserves its own thread.

BigMaloe and Pen15clubber like this.
  19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao so basically if harden won't surrender the rock to Ricky Rubio you trade him...and that gets us closer to a championship...you are really smart

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

his next post is going to be we will not win the next series after that

Pen15clubber likes this.