1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time......to call out stupidity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, May 1, 2017.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I am so glad I didnt say **** before the game. New statergy, staying away from my phone during the game. We were up 35 in the 4th with like 5 minutes left and I still hadnt checked.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm taken back by how much confidence you have in our beloved team!!!!

You will be the first in line chanting and shouting off the hill tops how much you KNEW we were going to win it all this year! I can see it now.

[​IMG]

3. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

It seems you love the spotlight when discussion is on your terms. This is a good topic because you have built a narrative around Capela, and now we are discussing about it.

I don´t see those clear paths to the championship, upgrades about this roster should be discussed after the season, when we can conclude what are we missing to get it.

I have one question:
    Why are we talking about the Warriors? Nobody should be talking about any other team than the Spurs.

4. Title99

Title99 Contributing Member

When Capela is on his game, he is the perfect fit for this team....defense, rebounder, finisher around the rim. We don't need anything else. Hopefully as he matures, he will be on his game more consistently.

Capela is what we hoped Kelvin Cato would be.......

Pen15clubber, pgabriel and RudyTBag like this.
  5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I think we have an outside punchers shot to upset gsw. I'm an optimist.

I think we are 1 star player away from being up there with gsw.

That being said, add 1 more gordon/bev/ariza/ryno level player and who knows?

Give me ingles in the offseason and I think we are just as close as adding a star player. Especially with growth from the young players.

6. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Mate.

If we win the championship this year, I hope you never ever post on this forum again. EVER.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I like Ingles, but he's just not enough. We'd still be huge underdogs against GS. We need that 1 star out on the perimeter and then we're good. If Morey adds a Hayward or an even better option in PG without losing much of this core then I think we'll become legit contenders and be the 2nd best team in the NBA with a pretty good chance of beating GS.

We're almost unbeatable whenever Ariza drops 20+. Ariza at his best offensively is right around where a guy like PG is on an average night. PG can also provide Ariza's level of defense. Man, if we can get him on this team...

BigMaloe likes this.
  8. basketballholic

Ingles gives us neither paint defense nor distribution. I like him. But he doesn't fix anything other then you replace Ariza with more offense and less defense.

9. basketballholic

You aren't taking the Warriors nor the Rockets. Your talking about me. And that's on you guys.

10. basketballholic

Lol. Love the gif. Love the team. That's why it bugs me when I know we're close but not good enough and we could have been. Yet the tweaks that are needed to the system and roster are left undone. I care. Do you?

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We are a top 3-4 team in the NBA. No one is likely to beat the Warriors as currently assembled, Ricky Rubio and Nerlens Noel (Who you are oddly okay with, contract wise) will not change that, and I like both those players.

To change that we need to add another top 20 talent, and maintain ultimate flexibility until that player comes along. Daryl Morey has executed masterfully (90 million on the books). One solid playoff run here and Paul George and Gordon Hayward will be looking, that's for sure.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not crazy that you don't think we can beat the Warriors, but It is crazy that you think that Nerlens Noel (FA) and Ricky Rubio would have put us over the hump against those guys. Rubio, taking away minutes or even replacing from the Bev/Gordon/Lou trio that has been so critical for us.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

not again lol. everyone here has had the same re run discussions about the same list of bad players this guy thinks he has scouted and knows what's best for this team and his blueprint on what it takes to win. Which at the end of the day as been outdated for the longest time.

It's absolutely pathetic how someone who claims to be a fan, yet is just waiting in the wings for the rockets to lose because they don't apparently fit this personal "blueprint". that's a first to me. a person who actually claims to support a team yet in the end, basically sits and waits for that team to lose because hes been wrong so much, he tries to save face. A team that was projected to be a .500 team and barely be a playoff team, is now a top 3 team in the league and are currently 5-1 in the playoffs playing some of the best team basketball in the history of the rockets. If someone can't actually be enjoying this current team right now you seriously need to question what kind of a rockets supporter you are and what good basketball is

BigMaloe and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Ok. What teaks though?

Since you're the GM almighty here, what exactly would you do to change the current squad for the better?

We can all play armchair GM here but you KNOWING for a fact that this move will work and that move needs to be made is absurd. If you do have all the answers I know the Orlando Magic have an opening in office that would love to have filled with a prophet as yourself.

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Deserves its own thread.

16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

It's not replacing ariza but platooning with him. And he provides much need secondary passing from the forward spot. You know? Distribution.

I think we have enough distribution between harden/lou/ego/bev. What we lack is added facilitating from the front court and forward position. Which ingles could provide.

17. Nook

Nook Member

It is simple.

Capela does well when he is able to finish off the PNR.

If the Spurs decide to stop the PNR (choose their poison) Capela isn't very effective..... but it is like making a deal with the devil because it opens up several other options for the Rockets offensively.

Capela deserves credit for being willing to play the role we ask (Dwight??) and playing hard.

However, he isn't anything special.

18. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I do not, I really want to understand the HOW on your idea. I get your point, and I disagree, but no I moved to the point on your idea where I´m thinking who is an upgrade and how would we do it? And I find no answers or even ideas. I´m asking you to suggest one.

19. basketballholic

You are welcome to have that opinion. And I agree going forward that we need to add another superstar. But we just ran one off. Harden wasn't willing to make sacrifices to his game to make it work. I'm wondering what superstar wants to come here and just be a catch and shoot guy and run the bench unit when Harden sits. If Kyrie struggles to rein in his game for LeBron then how much more for another superstar to rein in their game for Harden? Just look at the ball handling tracking numbers.

And if you expect that Harden will actually share the basketball with a set of superstars....just whom might be included in that set? And then obviously, we couldn't get them this season, so why not get a couple bets to show up our weaknesses at least temporarily for this season's run?

As far as your statement, "No one is likely to beat the Warriors as currently assembled", well exactly my point. So what are we doing? Everybody just happy to be also-rans for the Harden era? Because the Warriors aren't going anywhere. They're not breaking up or retiring anytime soon. So if we're gonna take the one superstar and all role players route we have to critically ascertain our weaknesses.

45, 54, 56, 41, 55 - that's our win totals in the five seasons of Harden. 47, 51, 67, 73, 67 - that's Steph's last five years. 58- 62, 55, 67, 61 is Kawhi's five year run.

You know what ultimately cost us KD and the balance of power in the West? It was the Harden/Howard buffonry leading us to mediocrity last year. We could've easily won 55-60 if those two guys hadn't both been stubborn, immature, and void of leadership. And we could've been in the hunt for the conference crown. KD looked at us after that debacle and told James we weren't ready to win a title and punked us by signing to play with Steph. Bro, we had multiple 70 win seasons and multiple Finals appearances right under our nose and Harden helped piss it away with his stubbornness!

You've got to recognize these conditions. We've created our own bed. Now we gotta lay in it. These guys need to figure out fast what we need to do to be able to compete for a championship. Or else we'll be the 90's Jazz and last decade's Kings teams and Les can keep an extra $3.5 million in his pocket.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

did i just read the rockets just ran a superstar off? LOL!!!!! Dmo we are sorry!

RudyTBag likes this.