1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

It's time......to call out stupidity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, May 1, 2017.

1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

you've been wrong for 3 seasons though, not just 1 game.

DunKingDanny and BigMaloe like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Saying that we are a Roy Hibbert and Jarrett Jack type away from winning a chip this season sounds incredibly delusional. Harden + role players isn't enough to win a title. We need to get at least 1 more star before we can start talking about titles. If Morey can get a Gordon Hayward or PG then ok, but some more mediocre role players aren't catapulting us to legit contender status.

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That might be true - and I would have agreed with you 12 hours ago. But There is a part of me that thinks...hmmmm, maybe this concept of Harden plus ton's of shooters could work. It isn't like anything I've seen before.

The Defense looks decent honestly.

This is a much better team than 2015. I don't know if anyone can beat the Warriors. But let's see.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

The defense has been great. It was tremendous last night. That was some of the best defense I'd seen us play all season. We are now 4th in defensive efficiency during the playoffs and barely behind Toronto for 3rd.

I just think we need that 1 scorer/playmaker out on the wing that can consistently give us 20+ ppg. Whenever Ariza scores over 20 points like he did last night we're basically unbeatable. The problem is that he does that like once a month. Now imagine if we got a player like PG who could give us what Ariza just gave us offensively every single night while also playing defense at a high level. Now the Rockets are on more of an even playing field against GS and are legit contenders.

Tha_Dude, Vivi, Richie_Rich and 3 others like this.
  5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

The underlying problem is _holic doesn't understand what it takes to win a championship. You need several things going in your favor to win a ring

_holic is of the opinion that simply upgrading Capela to Thong Maker and getting Rubio wins us a championship. That's why he keeps making blanket statements that Rockets will not win a championship with Clint Capela.

"Rockets will not win a championship with Clint Capela" - take this statement in isolation and see how stupid it sounds.

In reality, you might as well say - any of the 27 other teams (excluding GSW, Cavs and Rockets :D) cannot win a championship without __________. See how stupid that sounds?

Fact is Capela is here right now on a bargain and has done exceedingly well filling the void of an all time NBA center. Can we upgrade from Capela? Sure, but you can say that of every other position except Harden. Unless you create super teams, you can't have all stars at all positions.

TL;DR - If/when Rockets end their playoff run, _holic will say Rockets didn't /can't win a championship because of/with Clint Capela. Stupidity.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In the playoffs, Clint is averaging 4.0 blocks and 12.2 rebounds PER36.
    22 years old.

7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

That is simply untrue... He was more than solid for 3/5 of those games. Battling down low with some ups and downs like every young player in the playoffs. His experience in that series is already paying off now in this one.

Unimpressive to see you picking the Spurs/Warriors/Cavs already. The three best teams in the NBA. Of course he will have struggles, but he should get the same pass that you give a guy like Thon Maker, who often times looks AWFUL on defense, and is 3 years OLDER. If anyone is waiting to jump on one or two bad games from Clint, it is YOU. (Evidence=Thunder series)

Richie_Rich and BigMaloe like this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Honestly, I'm a bit of a Capella skeptic myself, but I have to admit he was terrific last night. Like the announcers were saying, this could be a really good matchup for him.

Still, I hope Nene doesn't have to miss a game.

BigMaloe likes this.
  9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Not surprising one bit.

This guy has had Clint on his "trading block" for the past two seasons.

Oh and btw those 3 guys combined salaries for the season compared to Clint's?

37,626,664.00 = LMA, Gasol, and Lee

Compared to:

1,296,240.00 = Capela

How's that for numbers.....

10. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Pretty much. He is setting up a scenario he can't lose because the Warriors are maybe the greatest team ever assembled. Of course guys are going to struggle and it is a long shot that we win. I could say the same thing about the Wolves. "As long as they have Rubio they will never make the playoffs"... See what I did there? It is a very unconvincing portrayal of any assumed basketball knowledge. What makes it more painful is that we do have playmakers outside of Harden, and you are telling me you would rather have Rubio than Eric Gordon or Lou Williams right now? Are we so sure about that?

Where is Cole Aldrich playing these days? Better with that scrub starting? Come on now...

11. basketballholic

Thon Maker is a rookie. Age isn't the concern. Contract is. Capels is three years in and only has one year left on his cheap rookie deal before a decision had to be made on what he's worth as a free agent.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fify

Tha_Dude, BigMaloe and FLASH21 like this.
  13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Dude relax.

We still have another year in which we'll have him on his cheap rookie contract and after that we can provide a qualifying offer of 3.4 mill.

You are thinking too far ahead in the future on a guy that's not even in hid mid 20s yet. Take a step back and enjoy the moment. Morey may even have this all sorted out before you start b****ing about it, again.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

he can't. he's too stubborn to do so and is trying to find that moment where out of his 10K posts something finally becomes true

Richie_Rich likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This beatdown is almost as good as the game last night

BigMaloe likes this.
  16. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

BigMaloe likes this.
  17. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Basketballholic Shut the *** up alright before I slap yo dumb ass! Lol

BigMaloe and fryjol7 like this.
  18. basketballholic

I'm totally relaxed. I have accepted what this season is going to be. I'll enjoy games like last night. When we get beat I'll expect it and be ready to move on to next season. The question is will we move forward towards championship contending status or continue to be also-rans for the rest of the Harden era?

19. basketballholic

Ha. Not a chance. Not in a thread that was started to call me stupid instead of talking about the Rockets. This thread should be closed because it's focus is not the team. But that's up to the mods. They're like NBA officials. Sometimes they just say "play on". So as long as they are silent and inactive I'm not going to be called stupid with no recourse. You shut up foo.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fify

BigMaloe and FLASH21 like this.