1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time......to call out stupidity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, May 1, 2017.

1. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

If Capela plays like this consistently we will be a very hard out, this was easily his best game of the year affecting both ends of the court

heypartner likes this.
  2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I mentioned it in a thread at some point during the season - how I love those rebounds Capela gets simply from his length and tipping the ball up away from the opposition and then hauling it in on his second jump.

There were a few of those today.

And I don't know about others, but they get me up from my seat cheering just as much as a made basket does.

I'm praying for huge things for Capela this series - dude deserves it.

If Pop switches things up and puts a more OKC-type approach to the 3 point line in game 2 - Capela should be able to feast on the SAS big men.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL that was like 6 years ago c'mon dude.

Gasol+Nene 6 years ago would demolish present day Capela and Nene.

Richie_Rich and MorningZippo like this.
  4. fmp087

fmp087 Member

I don't see why he wouldn't do this for game 2. He's probably watching games 2-5 right now.

Only problem for Spurs is the energy it requires to run us off the 3 point line for 48 mins. They might be too old to sustain it.

Nook likes this.
  5. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

6. basketballholic

I have no trouble admitting when I'm wrong contrary to what's been reported. But this is one game. I've watched Capela for three years. My opinion hasn't changed with one blowout win that ed mute a result of the Spurs coming out flat thsn anything he did.

Capela is going to fail us. The most important skill of our 5 msn is not finishing the pick and roll. It's defense. At some point, either in this series or against Golden State, Capela is going to get run through. Just like in the Thunder series. Frankly, I think it ends here. I'll be very surprised if the Spurs don't come back and beat us down. Very surprised. One game is not going to change my mind. That's foolish.

But even if that doesn't happen now and we move past the Spurs it will definitely happen against the Warriors.

Once again, this is not about Capela. It's about the team. We have two core deficiencies that have to be fixed for us to win a title:

1. Not enough defense in the middle. We're soft in the paint. You can argue that we need more perimeter D to he'll the bigs. My response is it would be easier to find a big msn defender than it would be to advertise another guy that could both shoot the three efficiently in volume and defend the perimeter enough to make our current deficiency in paint and rim protection mute.

2. We need a second great ball distributor that we don't have. It'll show either here against the Spurs or against the Warriors.

My complaint about this season is we had the whole season to address these two issues and didn't. If we had addressed then we could win a title this year. But we're going to come up short. And while some of you will settle for getting as far as we did by convincing yourself we couldn't have beaten the Warriors (or Spurs) anyway, I won't be convinced. I think we could've gone all the way by shoring up our two deficiencies, even if it wasn't a fancy acquisition. A Roy Hibbert type (an older vet on the downside), for example, may have been enough to fix our paint and rim defense. And a Jarrett Jack type may have been enough to fix our ball distribution issues. And that is very frustrating to me to see us get this close and not go ahead and get a couple more guys that could put us over the top.

7. basketballholic

We'll what's the point of this thread? Hammer a point home? This thread is how you don't hammer a point home. One game in the second round. This thread should have been started if we win a title this season. Because that's what all those posts FTW copied are about. Are you guys silly drunk after one game in the second round?

8. basketballholic

No, I'm waiting in the weeds to talk about next season when this one is over. Because we will still be without a title. Meanwhile, ding wings like FTW can't wait in the weeds. One game in the second round and she wants to act like what I wrote is false. Hey, if you gonna do that....don't expect me to take your stupidity lying down.

What I'm going to wait and see about is who finally takes off the rose-colored homer glasses and agrees with me after the season concerning what our weaknesses were that cost us a title.

9. basketballholic

Yeah. Deep inside she loves me and can't live without me. Because I speak to her mind and not her homer heart. And she so badly wants me to touch her heart.

:p:D

10. basketballholic

That's a huge problem. And Lou/Gordon feed off him about 80% if the time and neither of them can feed anybody else consistently. Neither of them is a quality distributor.

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Just move the goal post some more. If we beat spurs, we gonna lose to the wArriors, if we beat warriors, we gonna lose to the cavs because of our deficienites. Regardless of the outcome = I will always be right. I will always admit when I'm wrong, but why should I when I can just move the goal post. Typical holic.

12. basketballholic

He was terrible in the Thunder series and Nene and Westbrook bailed us out. Once again the problem is two-sided. When opponent defenders lay a body on him he has terrible even setting the pick offensively. He can't ever run pick and roll. And defensively when he gets boxed down low he might as well not even be there. He disappears. You guys just saw it against the Thunder. And you've already forgotten it after one game here against the Spurs.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Spurs will come back but I do not think they are the Spurs with Duncan at his best. They are beatable.

GSW now is another story. I think if we can hang with the Warriors, this team should be improved upon, no need to make drastic changes.

Going all the way will call for some luck, you just cannot say we win a championship this year or next year. It is not up to you guys.

14. basketballholic

It does require some luck (health, etc.). But that's after you have the right pieces. With missing pieces luck is meaningless.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is 22. I am sure he is not ready, has not hit close to a peak now.

16. basketballholic

Ok. But here's the problem. If he's not ready who do we play? W had all year to address he's not ready and get somebody else that could hold the fort. We've got Nene. So all we need is a twenty minute vet that child give us quality D and board in the paint. You mean we couldn't find anyone all season? Or did we choose not to acquire anybody?

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm not sure what you don't understand about my post. I am referring to "hammering the point home" by meaning you reiterated that Capela sucks about 50 different ways according to those 50 different quotes.

18. basketballholic

Those are all responses to people hammering home their point that Clint is great, he's our second best player, he's going to be a star, etc. My points countering those opinions are like a single rock sticking out of Niagra Falls. Those posters pumping Clint, just like the posters that constantly pumped Terrence, are the ones continually "hammering their point" every fifth game when Clint gets to run around like Bambi untouched.

peleincubus likes this.
  19. the shark

the shark Member

Sure hope CC keeps it up, but OP it's ONE game. A ton of BB to be played!!

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ariza disagrees

Seriously, after Ariza's 3 point shooting, that baseline move is Ariza's signature game. He does it a lot and most often good things happen when he does. Do you watch the games much?