1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time......to call out stupidity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, May 1, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

not to mention hitting FT's so hes not a liability at the end of games like some of these other overrated bigs in the league

topfive, DonKnock and RudyTBag like this.
  2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don't really follow specific posters and on going debates but do have this to say about Capela.

This is just one game and all season I have questioned his consistency.....BUT......
    BUT....... I only now realized that in only Capela's third season his averages are way better than DeAndre Jordan's averages in his first five seasons.

That's pretty damn good.

Amel, Richie_Rich, ElDobleK and 7 others like this.
  3. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

You're just waiting in the weeds, aren't ya? Waiting for the Rockets to lose so you can come on here and enlighten all of us with your expert armchair analysis.

4. dlite316

dlite316 Member

jopat exposed, lol

Rashmon, Richie_Rich and ElDobleK like this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You definitely know how to hammer a point home. sheesh

Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Thank you holic for all the entertaining quotes.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anderson is capable of creating his own shot and does so at time. Ariza can also fake and drive baseline or even from the top of the key. Beverly has some ability to drive and create spacing - and has a decent floater. They also play a good passing game with one another.

Capela is totally dependent on alley-oops or getting the ball very deep near the rim. He gets those plays because the defense is picking their point partly and partly because Gasol, Lee and LMA don't know how to play physical basketball against an athletic guy.

jbasket likes this.
  8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I love you OP truly, I do. Capela is the reason why we didn't win by 40. Shame on him. Too Bad Anderson and capela cost us this game. AmIRight? @basketballholic

9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

It's not a question of whether Capela is a good center. Capela is a great FIT in this system. Clearly, LMA cannot run as fast as a 22 year old capela. This is also a movement system, where LMA is a 1 on 1 player. Our pace and double teaming took him away. When other spurs players see their go to people getting doubled, that puts pressure on them. James is looking a lot like Steve Nash tonight 30 assists tonight? Half of those James harden? He basically scored almost 50 points. 20 + 14 assists. That's Nash-esque. If Capela adds a 15 foot jumper in the off-season. Forget about it.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

#shots fired.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like Capela's jumphook and power dribble post moves every bit as much as I like Trevor Ariza baseline drives...

MorningZippo likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not without Rubio he doesn't, the two of them together is a guaranteed ring. Harden needs to just be a spot up shooter remember. Rubio is gawd.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Careful there, big guy. That's dangerously close to an admission of inaccuracy. Don't want to have one of those to screw up your perfect record of always being right in your own eyes.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I think he did well against the Spurs all season

DonKnock likes this.
  15. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Lol, so I have no idea the history behind this thread but....shaaaaaaaade

16. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Nope. He's saying it was a 1-game anomaly. If it keeps happening, it will be a 1-series anomaly. Then a 1-season, then a 1-career. Then, it will become "there were things behind the scenes I can't tell you, but if you only knew you would know I was right all along."

Rinse. Repeat.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Some of y'all with the he is totally dependent on the team's pg sound like Buddy Ryan saying all Chris Carter does is catch TDs

Capela averaged 13 and 8

13 is where he should be and 8 is ahead of the curve

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The Rockets had a big with no chemistry with Harden who individually is much better than Capela

See where that gets you

macho GRANDE and topfive like this.
  19. jayfree

jayfree Member

You mean Rubio

D-rock likes this.
  20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden