1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Time - Road Trip: Spurs 2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by krosfyah, Sep 26, 2007.

1. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Alrighty folks. Here we go.

The legendary Spurs road trip last season was definately a top 5 all-time game for me. So we need to do it again.

The Rockets are ogranizing a Red Rowdy trip to the Spurs game on 11/16. They have already reserved a block of about 60 seats and will charter a bus for the Rowdies.

That is pretty cool ...

...but what about Clutchfans?

I asked that question today and was told that they could expand our section to get more tickets. They wouldn't be able to accomodate more folks in the bus, however. So if folks are interested in joining, you'd need to car pool like last year.

So I need to get a prilimary count of who wants to go so I can calculate how many tickets to tell the Rockets to reserve. If you do, I'll next need to arrange how to collect payment. I don't have pricing but I'm sure it'll be <$30 like last year. I'll have more info soon as things develop.

2. AggieRocketFan96

I was there at the Spurs game last December (got tickets from an old college buddy who works in the Spurs office), sat near the Rowdies. Awesome game, and the Rowdies overwhelmed the hometown Spurs fans. Then after the Rockets win, the Rowdies were chanting while exiting the arena. Wish I could be there again.

3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

The reports from last year were awesome! Load up the Tundras and show em how it goes down inna H-town.

4. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

I would not miss it for the world.

Last years game was the best!!!

5. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

which game in san antonio are you planning?

either way, i'm in :D

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how about we not meet in the hood?
    I don't want re-enact any scenes from Boyz N Tha Hood or American Me.

7. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

So, ummm, what part of San Antonio isn't "in the hood," exactly? :D

8. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

im down for two tix let me know details ill pay for whatever tixs yall wanna get did yall stay the nite last time or what

9. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

We are talking about the November 16th game where the rockets play the spurs in San Antonio! When I made the Red Rowdies and they announced that we were going on this trip free on the charter bus I came close to doing a flip!

10. liangqj

liangqj Member

Wonderful trip.
    How much time will be taken from Houston to San Antonio?

I'd like to go, but I'm not in Houston.

11. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

3 to 3.5 hours at the most.

12. krosfyah

lol. I guess we'll have to cancel the game then, cause the whole freakin stadium is in the hood. We didn't know that last year.

So does that mean you are in?

13. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

sounds like a plan.. count me in for 2!

14. RocketsFanSam

RocketsFanSam Contributing Member

count me in for 3 please double check with me when you find out more information (samsonvarghese@gmail.com)

15. George Gervin

George Gervin Member

Just one request from a Spurs fan. Don't act like fools if you win. I say that including Spurs fans who come to Houston. It is very uncool to mock and taunt people in their own house. I went to last year's Spurs beat down of the Rockets in Houston and never said a word to anyone as I was leaving the building. There were quite a few Spurs fans acting like idiots but for the most part they were respectful. It irks me to see an opposing fan disrespect the home base. Again I am talking about all fans..not just the Rocket fans.. anyway be safe and I hope you lose.

16. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Well I will act civilized if we win... the victory is enoughof a statement, but if the Spurs fans start acting stupid first then I am not backing down. I remember when the Rockets beat Detroit, there were some Detroit fans getting messed with bad by some drunk Rockets fans. I felt bad for the Piston fans.

17. George Gervin

George Gervin Member

well if the Rockets go and sweep the Spurs again in SA I hope no idiot will talk smack but you know someone will. I do think if you go to someone's house you should expect some talking by the home crowd during the game because you on the road. when i go to the games here i expect and tolerate a little more than i normally would because after all i am in the toyota center..

18. krosfyah

Sorry bud. That's not how the Rowdies roll. We are ...Rowdies.

We will be VERY loud ...esp if we win. Fair warning.

You can express your opinion, but just remember, it takes all kinds to make the world go around. Think of it this way, it could be things like this that makes a good rively and that is good riveries are good for the whole sport.

19. George Gervin

George Gervin Member

I agree. I certainly expect rowdy fans during the game ,rather I am talking about leaving the arena. Now all bets are off if an opposing fan goes into a game talking trash.. then they get what they deserve..

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm interested in this- what's the ballpark price on the tickets?

I went to a Rox/Spurs game here last year when the Spurs won in our house, and their fans were jerks on the way out. Not saying I won't take the high road, just thought it was fair to point it out.