1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time for management to step up .

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Feb 11, 2016.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'm not talking about blowing it up .

I'm not talking about getting a new coach this season.

I'm not even taking about making trades.

Les , Morey, mchale , essentially management went into this season with high expectations .... So did we.

It didn't work out in the beginning and we had an awful start . Training camp , disastrous. First 11 games , disastrous. First half of the season , atrocious. Did our players suddenly forget how to play ? Did our coaches lose a grasp on the game of basketball? Technicalities aside , it is so easy to see how and why this team plays poorly .

The problem goes beyond X's and O's . It even goes beyond effort . The problem is in our players' minds . There is no focus , no confidence, no chemistry,no belief .

I believe firing mchale was a mistake , it's easy for me to say that in hindsight . The team is shellschocked and hasn't recovered from the start of the year . Every time we think we get close it was all a mirage . We have played well in spurts , in fact our game against GS might have been our peak .

Still , management owes it to these guys to stand behind them 100% and give them all the support they need to try and rise again this year . Maybe it's too late , maybe it can't be done , maybe the rational thing to do is to quit and make moves for the future . But you can't go back on your word . You can't just throw away expectations . You can't fire a coach becuase he's not leading and you desperately try to save the season ... Only to then forfeit . We claw our way to the end .

Beverley , harden , Ariza , Brewer , smith , jet , Dwight , dmo deserve a shot to get things together . Anyone else on the roster that wants to join them can wait for an opportunity. James carried the load so much last year it's almost unfair to ask him to do it again . But he has the ability to even if the toll is great . Jet is on his last legs , fight all the way to the end . Dwight is breaking down , so what .

Morey and les , instead of threatening to ship players out and shake things up , demand excellence , show a little humility yourselves and step up and lead. Bicker staff may not even be a good coach , but he is emotional and has his guys back . How much coaching did mchale really do ? The thing with our team is this .. When we are playing well it's not X's and 0's its spontaneously makin plays and playing like a team .

So how do we get our guys their confidence and get them out of their own heads playing pure basketball again ? I'm not sure , but I don't think negative is the way to go . Tell those guys that I mentioned that all of them are staying . You are gonna see this through even if it's not the most prudent thing to do . The only thing that can save our season is by and large this team . A minor move changing out TJ or thorton etc ... Sure it might help . The guys that need to play together better are h and h , dmo , Ariza , bev , Brewer , jet , and smith . We've seen flashes in his new starting lineup , but smith or Dmo needs to take that 4 spot back .

We can do it guys , stop playing the blame game and try and support what we have , hope our guys can come through and fight as hard as they can . Rotations , X's and O's it all means nothing if management can't step up and inspire some confidence some swagger. People have said this team is all talk , I think they talk so much because somewhere deep down they know they can be a great team . It's up to management to find it and pull it out .

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think you missed the part where they already did this weeks ago...didn't work.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

buh..buh...wait....

lets talk about "The real Issues", where the only thing thats wrong is something quantifiable. (paging larsv8 watermelon head :rolleyes:)

4. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

nobody should say firing McHale was a mistake