1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's pretty evident we're a better team when Lin is the primary ball handler.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Geronimo, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Allegro

Allegro Member

You can be so certain about this from watching Lin for 16 games? Just for your information, Lin has been matching Jason Kidd's second season numbers, once you adjust for usage rate. I'm not saying that Lin is Kidd right now, but the potential for egg on your face is definitely there. "Never" is a long time.

2. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

He won't, too many good point guards.

3. Allegro

Allegro Member

Haters like you will always hate, no matter what.

A Rockets fan should <b>want</b> his players to be great. Even if the faith is somewhat deluded, you are not a fan unless you harbor at least a glimmer of hope. That you prefer to hate on Lin says a great deal about you.

4. Allegro

Allegro Member

And yet the numbers contradict you. Lin is already doing it; he is matching Kidd's second season, once you adjust for usage rate. I think the chances are excellent that Lin will be a top-5 PG some day, and you will have egg on your face.

5. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Being a fan doesn't mean you have to idolize Lin like Justin Bieber.

Stop comparing him to proven stars with successful seasons under their belts. I don't care if you can find stats that says he's better than Chris Pau in passing, has Steve Nash's vision, finish like Lebron James, etc. Lin hasn't even started half a season of worth games in the NBA yet who the hell knows how he's going to turn out.

6. Gil

Gil Member

LOLLLLLLLLLL :rolleyes:

7. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

No they don't.

He'll never be top 5.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Define "evident"

9. Allegro

Allegro Member

As I said, you have to adjust for usage rate. Do that -- show me the numbers -- then get back to me.

10. Allegro

Allegro Member

He laughs best who laughs last.

As I said, you have to adjust for usage rate. Do that, show me the numbers, then you can laugh.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

How does adjusting usage rate work

12. Mr. Clutch

When the player you like is playing poorly, you increase his stats.

Vice versa for players you believe to be underrated.

13. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

No, I don't. Quit trolling.

Never top 5. When he is, you can get back to me. So in other words, you won't get back to me.

Infernal Affairs was better than The Departed. I'll give you that much though.

14. zdrav

zdrav Member

Lin, by just being an above-average PG, will exceed his contract value and will exceed all expectations of him as an undrafted player out of Harvard.

Let's manage our own expectations and not make it seem as if he'd be a failure if he doesn't become a top 5 PG.

15. zdrav

zdrav Member

If not for Lin, the Rockets would be the #1 offense in the league

2.9 TOs per game?! Worst PG eva!!!!

16. Mr. Clutch

Lin is the glue on offense.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I feel like I'm getting trolled here. Im actually looking into usage rate. I don't see how you can adjust it for better stats. But then again I'm not a stats guy.

18. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Can't you be a fan of someone without that player necessarily being elite or goat?

I just don't get it. Lin, just by being a starter in the NBA, has defied expectations. Just be proud that he's come along this far in his dream. Few people can say as much.

I like a lot of players who aren't top 5 in their position. I don't get people who hate on Lin, but this kind of obsession with him is weird.

19. Mr. Clutch

That's true of every NBA player if you go back to when they were babies.

Nobody looks at a baby and says "Yep, he's going to the NBA for sure."

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

Neither Lin nor Harden are capable of creating every possession for this team by themselves. Neither player can carry that much responsibility offensively & execute efficiently. Harden isn't a PG & Lin isn't CP3.

The two of them working together is great. People need to stop complaining. My goodness look at the Lakers they are trotting out Duhon & Darius as there PG's. Be grateful.