1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's pretty evident we're a better team when Lin is the primary ball handler.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Geronimo, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Luca

Luca Member

LOH = Lin Only Haters if I am not mistaken.

2. Luca

Luca Member

Torocan's posts have always been great, insightful with stats that backed up his views and fair.

3. conquistador#11

Pg should play pg and shooting guard should do what he does best, score. That's not to say harden shouldn't go teen wolf from time to time. There are what? almost 95 possessions in a game, plenty to draw up teen wolf plays for harden, Parsons and Lin.
    When you run it for Harden over and over and over, the Defense tends to pick up on it.

Here I am with all the teen wolf talk and our starters our tops in sharing the ball with team assists, which means they can definitely get better. But yeah, I like the traditional point guard. I've never been a fan of the combo guard that gets 5 assists with 5turnovers. I wish we had another pure point guard on the bench to run the second team and relieve lin when lin is having a bad game, which all players do.

It's also pretty evident that our starters as a unit are pretty freaking awesome. whether you hate them or love them, there is no arguing their production.

4. novaman

novaman Member

TD looked good in the last game against the Jazz. Maybe he's coming around

5. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

Lin is a joke!!!!! Happy? :rolleyes:

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

LOF Vs. HOF.... just how I wanted to spend my Monday morning.... LOF'ers are the real joke here.

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

I think it is pretty clear that the coaching staff has had Harden & Lin share the playmaking load. Lin hasn't really been spotting up in the corner that much anymore. Like people said it depends on the match ups, how both players are playing in that individual game. Seprating them entirely would be foolish because it makes it so much easier for defenses to cue in on one person alone.

I think as Lin's shots continue to fall he will eventually carry a lot more of the playmaking load & Harden will play off the ball some. It takes time to figure all these things out. Arguing who is the better playmaker is pointless I think we should all just be thankful that we have two players who can make others better while creating there own shot.

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

It's obviously obvious that the BEST CASE, MIRACLE scenario for Lin would be that he turns into anywhere near the calibre of player that CP3 is. So I don't see the point of troll posts talking about CP3 being a backup to Lin etc.

But the real question is, why wouldn't CP3 go to a bigger market team like NY or the Lakers? Why come here?

Also, the idea that Lin would be CP3s backup doesn't work either. If you get CP3, you use Lin to trade for another position or a bunch of picks and a solid bench.

Either way it would be a major coup for the Rockets, but I'd say that chance of the rocket's actually landing CP3 are not much greater than that of Lin turning into CP3 himself.

10. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Wow... totally posted that in the wrong thread... rofl.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Hallelujah!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccGz-li_rgM

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If we are better with Lin as a primary ball handler, one reason for that could be that with Lin handling the ball we have Harden on the perimeter which spreads out the defense. With the roles reversed and all other things equal, the defense isn't as spread out as much because they don't respect Lin's shot as much as they do Harden's.

Disclaimer: Not a Lin-hate post, just my un-researched take on the Lin v Harden efficacy as ball-handler debate.

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

LOL dorbro I did that one personally for you because I remember your vomit comment from a few days ago. :)

I suggested this a while back & they have been doing this. A play that they have been running a bit is a screen & roll with Lin as the the ball handler & have him either hit the roll man or kick out to Harden at the wings for the three.

14. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Calm down, doctor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

That is actually true...totally unnecessary for that disclaimer. It's just common sense and the truth.

16. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

What makes you think Lin cant be better than CP3... CP3 is long time in the league now and won no titles nor significant improvement for his teams.....I like him but he is highly overrated....Lin is better than him....Lin is a difference maker!

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well of course it's true - I said it.:cool:

You're right. I just didn't want to have to deal with responses from LOFers that I'm a Lin-hater, which has happened before to me.

So you're not a real person, are you? You're just an internet personality, right? I sincerely hope so.

18. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Lin will never crack the top 5 PG list, but he can be a consistent 16 and 8 guy as a Rocket. Until the last few games, I've never seen a starting PG touch the ball so less, so of course Lin was gonna struggle, like everyone already pointed out, he's not Mario Chalmers where his game is being a spot up shooter.

19. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Lol it happens, look at the responses towards me when I made this thread, most are either accusing me of being a LOF or a sarcastic LOH. Even though I never said Lin was better than Harden and said Harden was the man and the offense should run through him, even though I've both praised and criticized Lin in the past.

20. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Lol at the tags, I just noticed them.