1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's pretty evident we're a better team when Lin is the primary ball handler.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Geronimo, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Allegro

Allegro Member

No, opponent defensive ability is not a factor. Remember that Lin had much less freedom against Portand (and was even benched once in OT). Portland is in bottom 5 of defensive rating. So Lin's freedom isn't affected by whether the opposing team is good at defense.

2. Allegro

Allegro Member

So Lin's freedom isn't <b>determined</b> by whether the opposing team is good at defense.

Fixed.

3. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

LOL don't you think it's alot less fixed than what u guys are proposing?

4. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

what are you talking about? op wants lin to handle his balls. he's coming out. cut him some slack. definitely deserves its own thread

5. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Are you sure it's not Parsons you want?

6. anson-ke

anson-ke Member

i hope so... more chemistry for Lin to keep the ball

7. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

WTF? Basket Ball Please.:mad:

8. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

[​IMG]

I think an equal balance between Lin and James is ideal, as it was expected. We've now got the Raptors and Jazz game to back that up (Im not even counting the crap Thunder game cuz of all the circumstances).

9. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

It's pretty evident that the Showtime Lakers would have been a better team if Lin had been the primary ball handler instead of Magic Johnson.

1 person likes this.
  10. ptR91

ptR91 Member

quick question? what's LOH??

11. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

I've always suspected this as well. Most of the LOFs just seem to be enthusiastic but don't seem the type to start threads. Or if they do, at least be with some info that we don't see on the regular news, like perhaps something from a Chinese news station or something.

It's these "opinion" posts that seem a little off. Which makes me think it's started by LOHs trying to piss people off.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Rookie move. Not just postcall, but everyone that said to lock it up.

This is a great thread. I have little to no input on it, but this is worthy of it's own thread. Either way, I hate that rookies jumped to conclusions before thinking about what was being asked.

My 2 cents as a fan though, you mine as well split the ball-handling up because defenses will be ready to queue in on one or the other if they become full-time 'primary' ball-handler.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Friggin' Yao ming fans were ridiculous back in the day, so people on here labeled them YOF's. Yao only fans. Then came TOF (TMac Only Fans) and TOH (TMac Only Haters), then ROFs and my personal favorite was the small faction of CHOFs (chuck hayes).

It's stupid, but people think that every new fan must be drawn in by Lin and will leave the minute he retires or switches squads. The truth is, people come to and leave the Rockets fan bases for many reasons. Why must they all be the same? The eventual hope is that you all become die-hard rox fans and why you showed up won't matter.

1 person likes this.
  14. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Alright, just to make sure this thread doesn't turn into a melee, here's a great comment from another poster on a different thread:

15. Sean88888

Sean88888 Member

That post by torocan is the most intelligent post I've seen in this forum for a while.

16. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

I am not a LOH lol, I've praised Lin more than I have criticized. But there are Lin haters/Harden apologists here that want him to dominate the ball.

Not only do numbers not lie, but just from a pure eye test, it's clear Lin and Harden are both more effective when Lin dribbles more and Harden dribbles less.

That doesn't mean Harden isn't the man here, the offense can still run through Harden with Lin being the main ball handler.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

depends on matchups

18. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Well the team is constantly working on its chemsitry and the players are still figuring out their roles. Lin did a lot of play making vs the Jazz. What I thought was most interesting were Harden's comments in the post game interview. He has some decent leadership qualities I think and despite being young I think he's learning to keep his ego in check after all the early storm of being the number one option and 'the man,' etc. Ultimately I think the dude, along with the rest of the team are un-selfish guys who just want to win basketball games.

Let's see how things go vs the Lakers. Defenses are constantly adjusting as well so more unpredictability is good.

Personally, I do think the ideal scenario is Lin handling the ball more early in the shot clock, shifting the defense and then finding harden later on through maybe a couple of passes to be able to iso one on one or pick and roll. This idea of handing the ball to each other at the top of the key is just too easy for teams to double up on whoever comes away with the ball.

19. VanityHalfBlack

What do you call someone who is a Kelvin Cato/Maurice Taylor one hit wonder fan???

20. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Contain the outbreak! Quarantine this thread!