1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's pretty evident we're a better team when Lin is the primary ball handler.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Geronimo, Dec 2, 2012.

1. langal

langal Contributing Member

I think it makes more sense. It is "potential".

Maybe we are just over-analyzing this stuff to death. Lin fans maybe take a rest for a stretch of games and let his game do the talking..:)

Then again - arguing about sports is what guys do!

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

I thought you guys in Ireland and the UK used "Asian" to refer to Indians and Pakistanis?

3. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

I want to see, when lin isn't passive and just straight up mad/desperate. Like in the Uconn game back in college. IMO that was his greatest game.

Lin and every nba star has potential. Every human does.

4. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I'm sure he probably would of been a really low draft pick possibly. Doesn't change my opinion of how I view potential.

5. just a word

just a word Member

Pretty much this. Sometimes, not always, but usually when there's alot of the LOFvLOH back-forth, people seem quick to tar Lin. That brings out the people who say in some form or other, "hold up, these current stars have also had bad stretches!"

But it also brings out the LOF who say that Lin is already the current star but needs X/Y/Z to be better.

Personally I think that we all need time to see what this team can turn out to be, but that based on available stats/projections, I wouldn't be surprised if the stars that the Rockets need are already on the roster. I feel like Lin might have the potential to be one of these stars based on past evidence, but also that he's not there yet. Whether or not Lin fulfills this potential we have to wait and see.

But it's kind of frustrating to see people try to say that this potential isn't even there in the first place, which is what I think a lot of the discussions boil down to. And the naysayers still maintain that Lin doesn't have the potential despite all the stats, video, and unbiased 'eye-tests' to the contrary.

6. torocan

torocan Member

Actually, during the draft the Lakers told him and his family that they were going to draft him at #58 in the 2nd round. In the end they went a different direction, so in spite of all that he was believed by more than a few to be a late 2nd round pick. Wouldn't that have been a heck of a different outcome? :grin:

IF he had gone to a basketball factory, he would probably have gone as a late 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder due to how thin the PG talent pool was in that draft.

After John Wall, there really wasn't anyone in the running was definitively a stronger choice than Lin.

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Hmm who knows maybe Linsanity made of never happened o_O

8. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Maybe, maybe no.

9. JK1

JK1 Member

Don Quixote, where you at?

There is a new thread thread with your name written all over it, "It's pretty we're a better team when Toney Douglas is the primary ball handler".

Go destroy em.

1 person likes this.
  10. stefanb

stefanb Member

You Lin only fans remind me of the kid we all group up with. The one that would always hang out, even though nobody liked him. We would play hide and seek, he would be "it", and then we would just ditch him and go play video games. Then he would show up 30 minutes later and say he looked all over for us. The kid that just loves to annoy everyone. That's you. I hope you realize that you are extremely annoying. Go to jeremylin.net

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I don't know what point you're trying to make, you're making yourself sound like a dick.