1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Only Game 1 - Stay Positive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by willwmc, Apr 21, 2014.

1. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

It is huge, don't deny it. Your whole team has been working so hard to get it, now you just gave it away.

2. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I think for every game I watch from now on, I'm gonna be stressed out until the buzzer sounds. Like the other day, I was already celebrating pounding down a few beers with my buddies for most of the game....and then just like that we end up losing. It's gonna be a loooong series.

3. JBar

JBar Rookie

You're list of what you feared would happen reads like the Oracle at Delphi's, but "pounding down a few beers with my buddies for most of the game" reads like pulp fiction.

4. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

The Oracle at Delhi's...LMAO. No, actually I thought my list was quite clear and not cryptic at all. You're sounding a lot like Friedman.

5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I never thought Wes Mathews can just back up Harden and let him punk like that. I didn't know Mathews have that kind of game....i guess that just show how suck Harden's defense is. And i think Harden got his mind screwed up and that's why he couldn't get his offense going.

6. JazzLakerHater

Couldn't agree more with you. Our so called "stars" need to play like stars. Lillard and LMA just showed us how real stars have to show up in the playoffs. After having all night to think about this game, I still think we take this series tough.

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I don't think he's overrated...he just need to know when to be aggressive and when to relax and play smart. Those last plays where he allows Lilliard to free up for a three is uncalled for especially when Portland is inbounding the ball from half court. There is no reason for Lilliard to clear up for a 3 if you just front him before before he can even get the ball. Another time, he forgot to focus and let Lilliard drove by him for a basket + the foul. Those buckets really hurt the Rockets because it could mean the difference between losing and winning.

8. moose

moose Member

Houston, Indiana, LAC are all going to recover and win their series.

9. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Yo guys, calm down and think of it like this..... If Howard/Harden are who we think they are.. this series is going to end by Game 6, possible Game 5, in the Rockets' favor. Our team is more talented with more Playoff experience. This game was a wake-up call. No more laughing and getting mohawk fades for Ferraris. Let's go out there, get serious, and play some basketball. That's what Game 1 was about.

If our team is made how we believe they are made, we shouldn't worry about a damn thing. And if not, better to lose in the first round, so that the necessary changes can be made. You just have to take a step back emotionally. Be confident. I know Howard and Harden aren't freaking out. Neither should you.

Now, let's go out there and win the next 4 games. No jokes here. It's winning time. Go out there and play like Champions.

10. JBar

JBar Rookie

Ha. I was referring to its accuracy, not its clarity.

11. MystikArkitect

I'm sure LMA will go 2/2 from 3 again. One of course will be a miracle shot at the buzzer. It took everything and the kitchen sink for the Blazers to eek out a win. We lost with our stars playing terrible and some sketchy officiating (both sides). Still don't see this team beating us in 7. Mchale really needs to create a game plan for LMA though my goodness. Still think Rockets in 6.