1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Only Game 1 - Stay Positive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by willwmc, Apr 21, 2014.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

That was a weird game. The Rockets looked like the superior team for most of the game, yet had some crazy sequences to get reeled back in.

Aldridge 3 in the corner(ridiculous shot)

And the Lillard tip ok over Howard was also plain luck.

The Rockets are a much better team.

2. ish1973

ish1973 Member

PB is not that important in this series. Lillard and LMA can't get more than 70 anymore. Their team is not deep enough. Once Rockets' starters play better, this series end very soon. The next series against Spurs should be the one to be worried. They are deep and their second units will be killing this team if PB is not available.

3. bmd

bmd Member

And it took a phantom foul against Howard to give the game to the Blazers.

4. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Am I the only who thinks, we'll 4 straight now?

5. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

6. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I would like to say that our two super stars Harden and Howard are the key components to winning this series. This shouldn't come down to Beverly. Beverly does not start of many teams in the league. I'm not under rating his defense and what everyone is saying may very well be true, that without Beverly we are screwed, but I think that than speaks more to Harden/Howard not showing up in the playoffs for us.

7. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

That 3 LMA heaved and subsequently hit after Howard played 20+ seconds of great D was THE shot.

Ridiculous.

8. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Harden n Dwight missed more than 30 shots combined, n we stil only lost by 2. I like our chances

9. ydzxn56

ydzxn56 Member

so sad about this,i pray for baverly

10. yummyhawtsauce

this is agony, we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory!

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

It is a series. Seven games. Whoever wins more, deserves to advance. Simple. If the Rockets don't win the series, it is on them. I cheer them, I support them, I enjoy watching them play, I am obviously a Rocket's nut, I am on ClutchFans ( how much more radical can you get?), BUT I don't play, I don't defend, shoot, or rebound. They "play" the games. They will win or lose. I will be elated or disappointed. But there are bigger fish fry.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

We played like total garbage.

Our Stars were non existent in Clutch moments and theirs had herculean efforts...Harden let Wes Mathews punk him in the post on both sides...Howard forgot to sing his song while shooting his FTs. Mchale continues to coach terrible situational basketball, and hopes an iso Harden/Lin will create for him.

The Rockets must exploit the terrible defense Lillard plays and just continue to abuse him. The Rockets must also find a way to get Howard going early, and let Harden do his thing down the stretch. That has to be the key to win. Howard must look to putting Robin Lopez in the rim and Harden must look to abuse his match ups. Everyone else showed up to play, but this team only goes as far as our stars carry us.

Finally a simple message to the refs: Let the players decide the game, and stop getting so involved in officiating. The Rockets and Blazers were victims of terrible calls, and these are the playoffs. Bogus fouls and techs just ruin the game, and ruin momentum.

13. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

It's not good when you have to invoke the Gipper :eek:

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

A starter who energizes the crowd is not important to a playoff team?

[​IMG]

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I have no doubt we would have won

16. yummyhawtsauce

I thought that also really threw off the rhythm of our players, in addition to not getting any points at the line from D12

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

guys, remember last season's playoffs vs OKC game 1? We played scared. Much more awful than this game. But we bounced back. We fought.

Of course, we did that with Bev leading the way. Who will be that Bev for us this season? Players have to dig deep. Who will emerge as the team leader?

18. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I am thinking about the same here. LMA and Lillard both played out of their minds, and Harden did not even show up.

19. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

[​IMG]

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right now, you just have to win Wed. Period. Don't win Wed and it's basically over.

So forget about the series. We don't need PB to win the next game. And I don't think Harden will shot worse than he did, and Lilliard/LMA can't play any better either.

We can win Wednesday and put the pressure back on Portland.