1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Only Game 1 - Stay Positive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by willwmc, Apr 21, 2014.

1. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

LOL, Bev makes the same bonehead fouls cause he's too aggressive. If it was Lin giving up that 3 pt play to Lillard in OT, you'd be all over him.

2. rocketsrule1995

The bad part for me is Beverley played with the energy harden and dwight couldn't in the last game of the season for him our superstars sucked major d

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Those boneheaded plays were bad officiating and not Lin's fault. Lin was fouled hard so many times driving but didn't get the call. Lillard shot the 3 and Lin didn't even foul him on that but the Ref had a bad angle. Go back and look at the replay. Harden was fouled at will 90 percent of the game and didn't get his share of calls. And Howard, they treat the man real bad. This was what I was afraid of during the Playoffs and it's come true.

4. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Beverley's defense is overrated. I admire his effort but he simply can't control himself. He needs to be more disciplined on the defensive end. Those dumb fouls in the crunch time hurt us big time.

5. dianelo

dianelo Member

We can still win this series if:

1. we secure our rebound;
    2. Howard makes his FTs at a better rate;
    3. we play better defense
    4. we stop turning the ball over.

Oh wait, are these not the things we keep struggling all year?

6. leangle25

leangle25 Member

The Clippers, Pacers all lost at home. So whats the big deal? Definitely we will come back stronger the next game. #htown #rednation

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We gotta believe.

Who else is gonna believe them if not for us? That said, Rockets have a lot of growing up to do. They need to play smart and adjust during the game itself.

Everything that the Rockets did wrong during the whole season came out during that game. Let's see if they can correct their mistakes and bounce back.

8. Raven

Raven Member

Next game is essentially an elimination game, nothing positive about that.

9. krouchchocolate

1 rebound away from winning the game. Ugh still pissed off about the game

10. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Oh please, just stop. The only 2 players that really matter is Harden and Howard. If either of them are done, then yes, we're done. But as long as those 2 are willing to step up, they can beat the Trailblazers with any combination of players on the team.

11. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

That's what I find so pathetic about some of the posters here and makes me wonder if they're really just trolling.

If you're going to judge a player, at least use the same criteria you use to judge others.

12. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Yep. $300 feels wasted. (I shouldn't say that. First playoff game ever, atmosphere was one of a kind. Just really wanted it to be a win.)

Just feel real ****ty. Exhausted and have to go to school downtown. Instead of feeling hyped, I feel horrid.

13. Andrew Wiggins

Im not. This was my biggest fear coming into the series. Harden and especially howard rely on the officials to call fouls for them when they take it in or else they cant be effective and become much easier to defend. Aldridge and lillard are deadly from anywhere on the court and they dont need to get their calls when they take it in to take over the game. They can still find other ways to score (mostly mid range jumpers and floaters) and threes.

If aldrdge gets this treatment every game then expect him to average 55 points in the playoffs.

14. Andrew Wiggins

Go watch the replay on the 3 point play. He did not touch lillard. Refs just blew the whistle in case he missed.

15. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

OK. Just the positives...

1) Harden was clutch down the stretch and he defended Mathews well even though Blazers planned to attack Harden.

2) Dwight shot well from the FT line

3) Beverley was flat out balling and completely shut Lillard out.

4) McHale was prepared to make adjustments to stop Aldridge by switching Asik and Parsons on to him (but no double team?)

5) Lin wasn't a complete dud in the play-offs but didn't contribute much either.

6) Parsons showed why he is going to be a superstar. Great all around game he has. A true leader of this team.

7) Great first play-off game and some nice dunks.

Bring on game 2, we can take this team.

7)

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

The Bev injury hurts bad. There's no question he is the leader of this team. Harden or D12 are going to have to step up not only their on court play but also become more vocal. They are the only two I feel are capable of stepping into that role.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Harden needs to not play like a giant tampon in the first half and we'll be fine

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

That game hurt, but Harden played like garbage and Aldridge looked like the greatest player of all time, and we still probably should have won.

Even without feeling like a homer, I have no reason to think either player will play close to those levels for the rest of the series.

19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Yeah, he was awful in the first half of the game. One of the things that I worried about some guys coming out flat due to playing an 8:30 game on Easter Sunday and Harden certainly did.

20. bmd

bmd Member

The thing that hurts about this one is that the Rockets had that game won several times.