1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

It's Only Game 1 - Stay Positive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by willwmc, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

This game is making me sick. It's the way we lose the game that make me sick. SO many stupid things that we do in this game. I said enough in the other threads...i won't say it again. I think this team is doomed if Beverley is done. Lin...as much as he did well in some areas, he would turn around and commit some bone-headed plays out of no where such as fouling Lilliard while he's shooting 3 or dribbling in the middle of the court and turning it over.

2. Mr. Space City

wow they really might lose in the first round if bev is out.

everybody gonna clown the rockets.

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

It's one thing to play hard and smart...it's another to play stupid. And that's what Beverley, Harden, Lin and the coaches did in this game. All of them contribute to the stupidity at some point in the game. Harden is main culprit along with the stupid coach.

4. Andrew Wiggins

I remember this thread last year. And the one when we went down 3-0 was too much.

5. Andrew Wiggins

Thats nothing new.

6. JazzLakerHater

The only thing that's keeping me sane is the fact that 4 other home teams lost Game 1.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

And the curse continues

8. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I just feel so numb....

I was at the game and it was awful. The way the energy of the crowd was sapped. :(

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Wow. That sucks to spend the money to watch the game live and then lose and also to be super azz tired tomorrow.

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Plenty to stay positive about (obviously not the Beverley potential injury)

- is LA going to drop near 50 each game.
    - are the refs going to keep Portland afloat one half each game with a 17-0 free throw count?
    - are H&H both not going to show for a half of each game ?
    - is LA going to hit clutch 3s in anymore games?

It was a perfect storm for Portland tonight and they barely escaped with a win.

I'm still confident we can do this.

Of course, if it comes down to last second plays.. I have no faith in Mchale.

11. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

We beat Portland with Lin in the starting lineup during the regular season. We can do it again.

12. bonny1

bonny1 Member

He said after the game he didn't think that was the reason we lost. That's why he can never be a true leader, hiding from responsibilities.

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

For all our talk on defense, we keep recruiting and playing offensive-minded players out there.

With Bev likely out in Game 2, we need to plug in Jordan Hamilton (sorry, folks, let's just tell him not to attempt too many 3s) and Canaan to back up Lin. Garcia's powers seem effective only on Durant.

And yeah, when we need to rebound, pls. put in our bigs. Don't go small ball for our last defensive possession.

14. N/A

N/A Member

Rockets aren't gonna win as long as Mchale makes boneheaded decisions. What is his fascination with putting Parsons on PG's? It NEVER works. Harden guarding 3's I can understand since he doesn't move to defend 2's anyway. Talk about a guy who has made no progress over the years.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This game was like a perfect storm of stupid things that had to happen for Portland to win. I'm not sweating this team at all. I think we'll be fine. Game 2 is a must win though.

16. N/A

N/A Member

Uhh, we lost the game because of terrible coaching and/or terrible officiating. As bad as the accidental foul or TO was, his positives FAR outweighed his negatives. Harden had a terrible shooting game, Howard had a minus game getting owned by LMA and not hitting his FT's, Bev broke about even, the other 2 bench players contributed nothing. The fact you chose to zero in on Lin is pretty damn idiotic.

17. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

they needed a rebound at end of regulation to preserve the win

18. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I would be able to stay positive if we still have Aaron Brooks.

19. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Feel bad for Bev. Though we would still be able to beat them without Bev.
    HH boys need to wake the heck up is all.
    One thing that worries me deeply is how **** Mchale is and that's gonna hurt us bad.

20. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Even though we lost, I'm pretty confident. Harden/Howard underperformed while LMA way overperformed and they still only won by two by a combination of some flukey sequences. Not sweating it....unless Beverley is out for the series.