1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Official! Yanks fans are already bitter.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Oski2005, Jan 12, 2004.

1. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What more could you expect from a Rupert Murdoch owned company? :rolleyes:

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Traitor_Roger :rolleyes: :D

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

"John Starks misses AGAIN!" :)

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I never heard anything negative when Hakeem left.:rolleyes:

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Jeez, that's a little brutal. I guess some people just can't comprehend when someone would rather play for another team than the Yankees.

The title, "WHAT AN ASTRO," is pretty funny though.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, I remember that huge Chronicle headline calling him an ass. :rolleyes:

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I remember a lot of bitter fans, I wasn't talking about the articles. Were fans not bitter??

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think some fans were bitter, but not like this. I think there were a good number who were more bitter at the organization rather than Dream.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

do you just play devil's advocate in every astros thread on ever astros subject?

11. haven

haven Member

Yankees fans in general are quite bad.

The Yankees may have a better on-field product than the Red Sox, but their fans are horrible.

At college in New England, pretty much everyone you meet roots for the Red Sox or Yankees. Trust me when I say: the Red Sox fans, on average, knew their stuff much, much better.

12. Agent27

Agent27 Member

I can't remember when any Houston player was ridiculed for signing with another team. It seems that the trend here is to blame management for not doing what was neccesary to keep him.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I don't like that headline "What an Asstro!" because it defames our club name. Say all you want about Roger...but when you take our club name and f*ck it all up like that...you can kiss my Texas ass. That's just wrong.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

YEE HAW

15. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Surfguy is pisssed! Its all good im happy about that becuase we got him and they dont, & know there starting to "hate" We landed both of there best pitchers. Rather than getting pissed you should be happy like me :D

16. SoSoDef76

SoSoDef76 Contributing Member

The quote from the Daily News is extremely harsh: "Why would he leave the Yankees to go to a second-rate team?" asked Tom Kues, 49, of Valley Stream, L.I.

I wonder if this is what other people think of the Astros.

17. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Now now, Def, we all know that Yankees fans don't think.

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Compared to the Yankees the Astros are a second rate team and just about every other team in baseball is to. No team in baseball can compare to them in history and revenue. But what New Yorkers don't under stand is that some people would actually prefer to live and play in other cities besides New York.

19. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Suzyn Waldman: Clemens weaved a masterpiece
    yesnetwork.com 01/13/04

Clemens weaved a masterpiece

By Suzyn Waldman

To be kind, it looks like the script from "The Perfect Storm."

Andy Pettitte signs with the Houston Astros. Roger Clemens is called by a radio station and has a Hummer delivered to his front lawn, which he returned. His kids go to school and their friends keep asking, "Is your dad coming home to pitch?" Roger gets calls from everyone he's ever known since the age of 12, begging him to pitch for the hometown team. Drayton McLane visits. He is recruited by Jeff Bagwell and Craig Biggio. He is told he can miss road trips when he's not scheduled to pitch (how's THAT going to work, Jimy Williams?).

Roger's mother gives him her blessing to pitch at home. Debbie gets calls from Laura Pettitte telling her how much fun this would all be. Debbie goes to the mall, and strangers come up to her and beg her to allow Roger to pitch one more year. The Pettittes and the Clemens go on vacation together to Hawaii. Roger and Andy can play golf every day, and pitch for the hometown team. The adulation and attention is enormous. It's one big Texas frat party for Roger Clemens.

I hope it's worth it.
    (Who cares about family, friends and what he wants to do. :rolleyes: )

He has just blown up five years of good feelings from Yankee fans. He has blown up that standing ovation at Fenway Park, the stopping of the World Series in Florida, the feeling that he IS a Yankee. And Roger Clemens honestly doesn't see it.

He says he still is a Yankee. He tried to call Mr. Steinbrenner. He called Derek Jeter. He loves the fans. Oh really?

Tell that to Brian Cashman, who now gets nothing, not even draft picks, for the man many have called the greatest right-hander in history. Because Roger insisted he had retired, the Yankees didn't offer him arbitration.

The owner whom he "tried to call" issued a statement including the words, "He told the world he was retiring, and we had no choice but to believe him." Think the Boss is happy about this today?

Roger has signed a 10-year personal services contract with the Astros starting when he finally does retire. Doesn't sound like a Yankee to me.

Roger will spin it his own way now. He always does. Of course he can still pitch. Of course he has a right to change his mind. Of course he can still think he is a Yankee.

And of course, we don't have to believe him anymore.

Oh, by the way, Roger told that radio station in Houston to deliver the Hummer to his house… a white one for Debbie.

©2004 YES NETWORK. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

-----------------------------------------------

I still don't understand the hostility. Oh and as for the last sentence, I would really like to know if this is true and if it's not, then I would love for Suzyn Waldman to be held responsible.

20. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Like a vicious bulldog, the New York media bites your leg and won't let go...

[​IMG]