1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Official! Yanks fans are already bitter.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Oski2005, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Post reactions from Yanks fans here.

January 12, 2004
    Roger Clemens should be barred from the HoF
    Frauds need not apply

Looks like NY was just another stop on the Rocket trip to fraudville for Roger Clemens. ESPN is reporting that Roger will be announcing an agreement to play for the Houston Astros in 2004.

Being elected into the Baseball Hall of Fame is based upon the following:

"Voting shall be based upon the player's record, playing ability, integrity, sportsmanship, character, and contributions to the team(s) on which the player played."

As seen in Boston and NY, Roger lacks both character and integrity. If Charlie Hustle isn't in the Hall, neither should Roger...if he ever retires.

Jim is the creator and webmaster of NYYFans.com, and can be reached at jim(at)nyyfans.com.

Posted by Jim Frasch at 01:01 PM | Blog Home

2. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Here's an early post from the forum at that site, I'd like to think it is very representative of Yanks fans:

3. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Now this one has to be the best by far.

:D :D :D

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Blatz,

That is hilarious. What a bunch of misguided souls!

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

so if you don't pitch for the yankees, you're a traitor? classic.

the man came back only to pitch for his hometown team...how can you not understand that?

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

That's the appeal of being a Yankees fan, Max... no real understanding or appreciation for the game of baseball is needed.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Ha ha. Somebody said Roger Clemens lured Andy Pettite to Houston. Too funny.

8. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I hate the bleeding Yankees.

9. xlr817

xlr817 Member

:D :D :D :D ;) SOUR GRAPES!!:D :D

10. Hippieloser

There are a lot of great comments on the NYYfans.com MLB board. Most of the Yankee fans feel Clemens is a liar and seem to have no comprehension that Pettite basically lured him to the Astros. Folks, it's for ONE YEAR, here. Let your boy show his hometown fans some love! :D

11. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

F--- the Yankees. Bought players....let's talk about Bernie Williams for $11m/ year, or that one japanses pitcher they paid $$ to then sent him to the minors, Vazquez that scrub for $45 m,

Their fans are idiots..

12. flamingmoe

flamingmoe Member

13. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

14. Hippieloser

"Hope he has fun in that circus stadium on that circus team."

Holy crap, we're getting a circus, too?! This season is gonna rule!

15. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I wonder what the Yankees fans had to say when Jason Giambi was STOLEN from Oakland? What about when Roger Clemens came from the HATED Red Sox? How about grabbing Vasquez? Outbidding Boston for Contreras? Snagging Boone from Cincy? The list goes on and on...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: <----------- indeed...

For the record, none of the Yanks fans at work seem too distressed about Clemens. They understand the allure of pitching for the "home" crowd. Besides, it wasn't like Clemens was going to pitch for the Yankees next year, anyway. Breaking news swept through our office with a collective "meh." (Except for the lone Astros fan jumping up and down... :) )

16. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I guess the guy quoted in the 2nd part of flamingmoe isn't much of a Jordan fan either.

17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Or a Hakeem fan, either.

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

One friend's reaction when told about this on AIM:
    I told another girl I know, who is a Yankees fan about Clemens and Pettie, since she did not know about Pettite, and she said that her lover that's fifth in line is a traitor. HAHA. She said she was gonna go cry.

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Dan Patrick sounded a little bitter about it to on his radio show. Patrick and Dibble were making fun how odd it looked with Clemens getting in the "ugly" orange Astros jersey. Then they sounded pissed about how proud Drayton and Hunsicker looked because they were acting like they were the ones that pulled off getting him here. Dibble went on to mention what everybody else already knows, that it was Pettite who got Clemens here. They then poked fun at how Pettite and Clemens do everything together and ponderd what else they did together.

Just a couple more bitter Yanks. Poor babies. :D

20. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I'm not happy that Rocket said he was going to retire, and then he didn't. I am also not happy that after not retiring, he switched teams. If you are not going to retire, you might as well just stay with the Yankees. It isn't like the Astros are going to win anything. :p

I really can't be too mad at him. The 'Stros will be better for having him this year. I hope they work it out so he only has to pitch at home. I wonder if they will pitch him against the Mets, and more importantly, Piazza.