1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's official: Rockets to play Thunder in round 1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Apr 8, 2017.

?

Who will win the Rockets Vs Thunder series

Poll closed Apr 16, 2017.
  1. Rockets in 4

12.2%
  2. Rockets in 5

37.4%
  3. Rockets in 6

40.0%
  4. Rockets in 7

5.8%
  5. Thunder in 4

1.7%
  6. Thunder in 5

0.3%
  7. Thunder in 6

2.0%
  8. Thunder in 7

0.6%
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Good thing. Because when chef's get visibly angry, it's not pretty.

[​IMG]

Zboy and DreamShook like this.
  2. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Can polls still be made public? Really would like to know who are the five trolls saying Thunder in 4 right now.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

A little. You'll see him get upset with referees and with teammates. He's not the outward type though, more the calm rage type.

Click on the number of votes, on the right.

(I voted Thunder in 4 as a troll because I already cast a vote in an identical "unofficial" poll a couple of days ago.)

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This MVP race has made me so pumped for this series. I haven't been this pumped for a first round series since maybe 2009. Since Yao made the Blazers his b****. Harden won't win MVP and will destroy the Thunder.

I want a sweep and I want Harden to own OKC to the point where whenever someone me mentions Russ' MVP they have to mention his first round beating.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He's been on and off. He had a magnificent series against the Warriors in the WCF but no one else showed up. He almost won two games in Golden State...Rockets could have gone home up 2 games...or even 1-1...

He did have some games last season in that trash season we had.

I think it's a myth that superstar players play great every series anyways, sometimes they do have bad series for this reason or that.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Thanks! I'll give you a pass and consider it an anti jinx.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, just a different way to view the voters. When set to Public, you click on the number of votes to see the list of names.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That's what I'm saying! **** all this MVP noise......honestly, it doesn't matter. What does matter is making it as cringe-worthy to bring up as Dirk's MVP. Come 2nd round, nobody will give a flying **** who is going to win MVP because the ROCKETS would have beaten the THUNDER in 4 or 5.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  9. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

BigMaloe and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'm glad you brought those 2 games up. To me , those are still the best games he's played in his life... he was just everywhere offense defense assists scoring....

That postseason was magical and I still wonder what could have been if Beverley and Dmo had been 100 percent for it. We won 56 games that year with Dwight out for half the year. In the playoffs, if we could have had good DMO ( which he was that year) over TJ and healthy Bev over one of the 40 year olds then that's 2 huge upgrades.

JayGoogle likes this.
  11. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Just hope Harden cuts careless passes and unforced turnovers... and look for the fouls in pressure situations... if he cuts that out... we will be in good shape.

AirBud#10 likes this.
  12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Can we please expose Westbrook's defense this series.

Please just swing the ball around for Open Threes all night. This guy leaves his man at any chance to get a rebound. Even before someone shoots it Westbrook turns and runs in leaving his guy open. Rockets need to expose this in round 1.

DonKnock and AirBud#10 like this.
  13. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I'm afraid of this too.

The team is better, but I'm am not confident. Picked Rockets in 7

Perki-Perk likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

The Rockets just really need to play at their best...which means playing good defense (please) and cut dumb turnovers and some quick/forced shots...and i'm not necessarily talking only about Harden, in the last months i got the idea that Gordon is forcing too many quick/bad shots and passes, Lou also needs to be in control most of times, i think our ball movement can be so much better than what i saw lately...

15. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

When are playoff times announced

16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

bilaal14 likes this.
  17. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I had the chance to talk to the Killin' Brazilian ....lots of laughs but for those of you who love his fight, we were talking trash about a few somebodies on OKC. Ne interrupted and said, "You know, some of my pay is to beat that Caveman down...."

I was dying. I just asked him to lay out the fake MVP a few times on his way to the rim.

I'm hoping my guy does the BullFight move without the suspension. :)

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

I think this one goes 7. I'm legit worried. Not even bc of Russ, but because they have good defenders that can slow us down and we have no one to slow down Russ.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  19. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Pat Bev will make Russ cry like a baby back b****

20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I think we will win but I also think it will be a battle. I respect russ and adams as players. It might not be the sweep that some are predicting.

That being said, my pick is rox in 6