1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Official: Paul George the heir to Kobe's throne

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Honey Bear, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Of swagg.

LeBron's always been lameish.

Wade relies on flopping and refs, not exciting.

Harden's one dimensional and complacent.

Watching Goerge... it just feels right. Like the very first time. The way he moves, his hunger to take the big shot, the versatility, the haircut; he's got the MJ thing down.

I think it's time to make it official - we're looking at the next big thing.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

PG is a SF

And I like how you left out Durant and Westbrook

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

lol @ LeBron being lameish.

You don't win 4 MVPs by being lameish.

4. Honey Bear

Who cares? This is about swaggg. Can you even pronounce it, use your belly.

Durant not a will imposer. He's not going to be the best defensive and offensive player on the court. Cares about his FG% too much to take the shots MJ and Kobe did.

Westbrook is in the Pippen mold, great, but not the guy night in and night out.

LeBran is the most talented but not cut from the same cloth mentally. He's just an athletic freak and doesn't strike anyone as a swaggmaster.

Kobe was the oldest guy on team USA but taking on the toughest defensive assignments.

He modeled for GQ Italy.

5. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Lebron takes the best guy defensively in the playoffs (at ANY POSITION) and has been the best guy offensively.

Kobe's whole career he chose when he felt like playing D, and he'd slack on D ALL THE TIME because he always had help behind him (Bynum, Gasol, Shaq).

The "swagg" comparision may be true, but you have to be kidding me if you think Kobe was always the best DEFENSIVE player on the floor, the NBA fed his legacy by giving him all D 1st teams that he DEFINITELY did NOT deserve.

6. Honey Bear

Kobe had lockdown ability and that's what matters. Why should he waste energy and play D in the 3rd when Luke and sasha are tripping over their shoelaces. Maybe some awards were undeserved, but reputation comes with the tenacity he showed off the court working on his game and desire to win.

LBJ has all around ability but Miami is a boring situation for someone created (in a league of athletic freaks) to be the best bball player. Not in the same tier of competitive streak, style and swagg. Lameish.

I see George ascending to the throne within a year.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

You want swag? Westbrook got more swag than all the guys you mentioned. Dude plays with Durant and he thinks he;s better than Durant.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Wait...

He said Lebron was "lameish"?

LMFAO

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Also OP, Lebron > Kobe. That is getting clearer as each year passes by. George's goal should be to be the heir to Lebron's throne.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kobe does not have a Throne, Rony

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

"Swaggmaster?" And Bron is lame?

12. clippy

clippy Member

Kobe's Throne sits inside a big brick castle he built himself.

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

REALLY??? You have the gall to say "It's official". Who you, in the first place?

Let's see the match-up between IND and HOU first before pronouncing any judgment?

14. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

i thought Nick "Swaggy P" Young had this acalade locked up along with his defensive player of the year award.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ronny I doubt Paul George is a switch hitter so I'm thinking you're out of luck.

16. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

You're trolling right? Showing a desire to shoot 100 shots a game should be =/= defensive 1st team.

Kobe had lockdown ability but RARELY used it if ever.

Kobe has had the BEST CENTERS IN THE GAME around him his whole damn career. Honestly replace Kobe with Allen Iverson, and AI has 5 titles.

Nothing against Kobe, he is a great player, but ESPN's hype machine has made him out to be way better than he actually is.

17. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

hes pretty good LBH

you give someone else the amount of shots kobe has in the clutch or just in a normal game and thiers no way they make the same amount of points over his career. - Source Lakerground :p

18. Honey Bear

Your hate for Kobe consumes you. Not going to spoon feed a guy who thinks AI and Kobe are similar.

More importantly, this thread is about George - I see it as my duty to lay down the law.

To impose my will on this forum and let you know about the changes going on. It's an important metric to use when determining a players ability. You won't see a swaggman running away to wade's arms or deferring for 8 years.

1 person likes this.
  19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

The throne of swagg. I approve. :)

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_UlxmFAkOMk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>