1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's now November... at this point, would you trade Eric Gordon for Jimmy Butler?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Nov 1, 2018.

?

Would you trade Gordon for Butler?

1. Yes

121 vote(s)
    87.1%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Wolves don’t do that trade without more incentives. One-for-one swap? Rockets do that deal every day of the week. Who voted against it? They’re even bigger homers than I am.

2. Batman Jones

I don’t really see how we keep Dieng and pay for Butler too. Would need third team to take Dieng. This is a trade Wolves would accept I think but keeping Dieng would hamstring us forever. It took a long time to offload Ryno and now you want Morey to find a taker for Dieng? Again maybe in three-way but I don’t see Morey taking Dieng if he has to keep him.

3. Batman Jones

Sure but his cost matters too. He’s on a brutal contract and signing Butler to an extension would leave us zero wiggle room already. Could see doing with third team. I’d thought Hartenstein could be the answer at backup center and I’m still not sure why he isn’t but if he was earning it in practice he’d be there already. We clearly need size but not at that price.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Gordon and 4 1sts with light protection on the 3rd and moderate protection on the 4th

we need to make a major move

kjayp likes this.
  5. Batman Jones

Gordon goes to another team and his shooting slump is over. Be careful what you wish for.

AroundTheWorld, kjayp and HP3 like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

To answer your question about Hartenstein, honestly from what I saw(I dont have the numbers to back this up) he gets ABUSED on switches and like way way worse than Melo. He's a liability on defense.

Batman Jones and D-rock like this.
  7. Batman Jones

I agree. I’d just figured they’d let him play his way into the rotation and learn not to make those mistakes. But yeah he’s a liability now you’re right.

HP3 likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

It's a shame really, we dont have the time to wait for young guys on this roster, with the exception of Clark, I think he can be a good back up fast...well relatively.

Batman Jones likes this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If it was a 1-for-1, no hesitance. If it's 4 1st round pick + ego for maybe a 1 year rental, no fking way. Our team is not going to magically get better with this swap. We still have mcw (trash), two scurbs (harstein/clark), ennis (okay scurb), toxic melo and old man nene. Our bench is so weak, and I would only like this trade if Morey somehow also improve our bench right after cause there's no point trading our future if we cant beat the warriors.

justtxyank likes this.
  10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I’m ok with it.

High Vibrationz and Reeko like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Gordon might start hitting everything once he’s traded to another team, but over here in Houston he’s tossing up bricks

get him outta here and bring Jimmy Buckets home where he belongs

High Vibrationz and RasaqBoi like this.
  12. High Vibrationz

I dont have specific numbers but it sounds like somebody is butthurt .

13. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

If you trade ego, where's the bench. The rockets need ego and butler, still not enough for warriors.

14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

there is no way the owner is paying that tax bill.... signing butler to a big extension, harden and cp3 max, capella, dieng......

Batman Jones likes this.
  15. Batman Jones

Agree. Clark has shown a lot of potential. His preaseason was very promising. I’ve been wanting to see him get more minutes.

HP3 likes this.
  16. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yes or just reassure Gordon that he won’t be traded but I think the damage is done. He will be like Ryan the last two season with us. Always in the trade rumors which will affect his performance.
    Si let’s just trade him now plus he will want a bigger pay check next year, rumor is he will opt out of the contract for a bigger paycheck next season.

17. Batman Jones

In a one for one trade of course. Gordon didn’t turn into trash in the off-season though. He’s in a bad slump. It happens to nearly every player.

Some folks acting like the runner up for 6th man last year (and winner the year before) is of negative value based on 6 bad games when the whole team is slumping.

That’s the kind of ridiculousness we’ve come to know and love on this board. Gordon still has a ton of value. #theskyisfalling!

AroundTheWorld and HP3 like this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Trading your future and bench player for a potential 1 year rental (similar Cp3 situation). This trade isn't gonna get us over the Warriors, our short rotation will be exposed and short rotation = increased injuries to our stars. Only way this trade is acceptable is if the players that are on the bench step it up, which seems unlikely with trash mcw

19. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

6 man changes a star. Why not. Championship needs good defence. Morey has broken the defence. Ennis mot defence. Do it now morey

20. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Start gordon bench ennis. I think we can try

saleem likes this.