1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Its never to early to scoreboard watch...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by arif1127, Feb 3, 2003.

Tags:
  1. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

with the jazz's loss tonight, we are now only 1 game out of 5th in the west. one bad week dropped us 3 games back, one good one gets us back in the thick of things. i have to say, i love scoreboard watching(especially when we are gaining ground!).

2. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Wow! Yes! If we win, we will be movin on up!

3. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

Watched most of the game.

Mavs know how to close out a game, despite some terrible non-calls down the stretch. Damn, the Jazzholes have the refs in their pockets. They get away with more s*** and all they do is moan & gripe about the calls.

Wonder how they do that :rolleyes:

D R

4. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Phoenix won though. We're a whole game back of them.

5. lalala902102001

Damn! Phoenix held on against Chicago in OT!:mad:

6. Nova

Nova Member

Sall good, we'll still catch up and whoop their asses. Jazz or Tpuppies or Suns are gonna miss the playoffs... definitely not the rox. :)
    Don't you dare say a word A-Train. :D :p

7. walterw

walterw Member

West is gonna to be a dog fight till the end. To get into playoff
    might be even harder than the playoff series.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I just hope we don't break our own record by being the best team ever not to make the playoffs.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's ironic that the Jazz have always complained that they don't get enough calls from the refs.

But I guess it's better for the NBA to let us think of conspiracies instead of realizing how horrible these guys really are. (this isn't directed at you Dallas)

10. fatman510

fatman510 Member

beat me too it arif..ive been scoreboard watchin all night..and those damn Suns piss me off. How did Chicago let them come back?!!!! Chicago must REALLY suck. One good note: Amare Stoudamire had a 2-12 shooting night he must have shot too many 3-5 footers

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You ain't BS'ing, my brotha.

I wonder, though. The Jazz have Flopton and Duh-lone, who, off the court, are *ahem* fine upstanding family-man citizens. So they have that grown-up maturity thing about them. Probably during the games (while opponents shoot free throws?) they talk with the refs:
    "Yeah, my youngest girl is in kindergarten now.
    "Oh yeah, they grow up so fast, you know; I remember when my Katie was in kindergarten, she's 10 now."
    "Hey, seems like yesterday she was learning to walk, hunh? Hey, now what about that call you just gave Francis?"
    "Yeah, I know, I don't like him either, but I have to give him the occasional call."
    "Well, keep it even, keep it even."

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I watched the last quarter of that game and it reminded me why the Jazz are my least favorite team of all-time. What bugs me so bad about them isn't really the fact that they b**** after every call that goes against them, a lot of teams do that. It's that they b**** after every call that goes their way, too. Anyway, it hurt going for the Mavs, but that's the nature of the fighting for the 8th seed beast.

Go Pacers tonight!!!