1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Mad Max's birthday.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kam, Sep 13, 2002.

1. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

It figures Max's B-Day would be on Friday the 13th :eek:

2. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

3. Bull-Horn

Bull-Horn Member

Happy b-day Maxwell. Thanks for the Championship you contributed to and don't go into the stands and punch anyone today.:)

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It was actually on the 12th.

My favorite mad max moment was this game against the Golden State Warriors. This was before the Clyde trade because Otis Thorpe was in the game. Otis Thorpe was inbounding the ball. He was trying to throw the ball to Hakeem into the post from out of bounds so he can do a quick turnaround dream shake move or something, but OT threw the ball too high, and it hit the backboard. It went to the otherside of the court and Mad Max grabbed it, turned around, falling out of bounds and hit a three pointer. I jumped straight out of my couch and just laughed with amazement.

I remember another time, in the same season, a few games later, they were playing the Spurs. He just hit a long ass three pointer to win the ball game. I think it was a 30 footer as the buzzer went off.

He was clutch, I don't care what people say.

5. because24

because24 Member

Happy B-Day Vernon, you brung some good memories (mainly the fade away, going out of bounds, 3 pointer you hit on San Antonio at the buzzer to win the game).
    For the haters, stop hating.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Ahh, c'mon! It's his birthday! :)

7. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

And last year September the 13th was a Thursday.