1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's getting old now guys!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GotGame15, Apr 28, 2002.

1. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

I'm tired of all this "how about so and so in a Rockets uniform" thread. Every other topic in this BBS is about either Rashard, Odom, Artest, Duncan, Szczerbiak, Kirilenko (and the list goes on) being on our team via trade or FA.:eek:

I understand that some of it is legitimate, but COME ON! A lot of you (not all) start these threads right after he has a good game. That is just premature. No more trade talks about "this person for that" plz. We have our team right here, and most likely your trade proposals for these stars will not be heard from Rockets management and they will never go through! Let's just work with the team we have right now.

Some of you have good reasons to want a player in a Rocket's uni, but stop talkin about it over and over and over again (ahem Odom).:rolleyes:

Uh oh, this person had a good game tonight, the Rockets should get him...:confused:

Not every poster is like that, but that's how it seems. Just stick to what team we have now, and let the Rockets management handle the rest.

2. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

oh ya, u can add Jamison and Iverson to my list
    oh god

3. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Chucky Atkins scored 21pts last night against Toronto. How about we try to get him? We could send Detroit Moochie & they could send us Chucky Cheese & their #1 pick. :D

4. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I don't know...I've been thinking...what about Paul Pierce in a Rockets uni?

:p

5. Sane

Sane Member

Be fair. Lewis has a very good chance of being here. So that trade talk is warranted. Odom hasn't played this season, so it's not a bandwagon. It's judging his ability and how he'd fit in.

But when someone mentions Iverson, then you know it's crazy talk.

For the record, when someone has a good game, and someone asks a question about that player the next day, then it's not necessarily because of the good game. Could be that player was on the person's mind the whole time, but needed some proof (a good game) to back his words up. I don't have a problem with that.

But when you go off offering 2 draft picks, a short contract and a building block to the Nuggets for Antonio McDyess, then it's total bull****! ;) :p :D

LOL!

6. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Yours is a minority opinion regarding that proposal. Many Senior members deemed it adequate for both sides. Unless you are drinking buddies with Kiki, your opinion isn't worth more than anyone elses. :p

Regarding building for the future, all of the following are unrestricted FA's and no trade scenarios would be needed. In no particular order, these guys could help and we wouldn't have to "bet the ranch":

1) Lee Nailon
    2) Jerome James
    3) Walter McCarty
    4) Eric Piatkowski

#6 GATER, Apr 28, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2002
  7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Blah Blah Blah. Blah! Blaaaaah Blah. :eek:

8. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

I think Kobe and Shaq would look great in a Rockets uni!

9. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

i remember the 2 picks, i think i remember the short contract (thomas?), but whos the building block we are getting? did you add griff in? i didnt see that, so if you did, my bad.

10. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

It was 1000 free hours of AOL.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Gater,Do you think adding Magloire and Malik Rose to the list would also be relatively less expensive and useful for the team?

12. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

The players I listed (unless I made a mistake) are unrestricted FA's. The Hornets have a Team Option on Magloire next summer.

Agree about Malik Rose. I just don't see him leaving the Spurs except for a huge pay increase or a shot at a starting spot. I don't see either available with the Rockets.

13. nilsrock

nilsrock Member

What the hell are you doing at this forum if you don't wan't to read about stuff like that?

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks Gater.

15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Actually if you read my thread, it wasn't one of those....

Please guys no more "No more xxx player threads" threads... they're getting old....

16. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

And you've only been here since August of last year.

Trust me when I say, that particular pet peeve of yours is not going to get any better.

17. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

They should take a real long look at Jerome James. 7-1 and anyone who has lost a hundred pounds shoud be taking very seriously. I doubt the Sonics would let him go.

18. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

that would be cool. Little leary of the one year wonder thing though, like Ike Austin and apparently Marc Jackson was.

definitely worth a look if he would sign for the 4.5 exception though.