1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's all Les Alexander's fault

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rayrocket, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What on earth does Les being Jewish have to do with anything? Idiot.

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

What does being Jewish have to do with anything?

3. Seth

Seth Member

Can the ops open a "Random McGrady Thread" so that we can mesh the gazillions McGrady threads around here?

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

All these Tracy threads are getting annoying. :rolleyes:

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

1) he's still Jewish, he still trades stock, and he's from NY
    2) he doesn't know when to sell stock b/c he held the majority of his equity in one dogsh1t stock and never sold it while it dropped to zerooo
    3) half the nba owners are Jewish, so i guess all those teams' problems are those owners fault too :rolleyes:

6. bloop

bloop Member

wow LEARN TO READ

OP said Les was formerly Jewish. Now that he spends time in Houston, has traded up to a comely southern blonde woman, etc he's left that all behind

please read before posting self righteous replies

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Even though I'm with the rockets no matter what, he did Barkley dirty and his antics clearly show he was aiming for exciting/popular players. Tmac/Yao

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Agreed, i think he was trying to solidify his argument on the fact that jewish people are steriotyped as being cheap

9. sabesque

sabesque Member

Get outta here. Dumba

10. devilsdandruff

cool..
    if this... if that...

11. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Metroid + Detroit = Detroid? So CB is some guy in a blue power suit?

12. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

swear to God, I had nothing racial on my mind when I was creating this thread. I can not edit my threat, administrators, please delete that word 'Jewish'.

Did not expect so many are trying to make a pure basketball post ugly, looks like Alexander has quite a few sons whose names are not on his leagal family paperwork.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Kid, there are over 38,000 members now, with countless others that aren't members, but read the board. It is very clear why you mentioned Alexander's religion. It was anything but a "pure basketball post." As for editing, if you sent Clutch a few bucks, you could clean up your mess. Personally, and paraphrasing an old joke of Groucho's, I wouldn't join a religion that would have me as a member, but I find it offensive, regardless, as do many others here. Maybe an apology and a request to close the thread are in order, if an admin even wants to bother with it. Up to you.

14. bigreg

bigreg Member

Are you FREAKIN' KIDDING? It's Les' fault? Listen as the owner of this franchise, it is Les' prerogative to have the players that he wishes to have on his payroll. I think Les understands the game of basketball and he also understands what direction he wants his organization to go in. If you are a true fan, shut up and root for the Rockets and the guys on the team. I mean, I don't like guys from Duke and I have never been a Battier fan, but I root for Shane because he plays for my favorite team, the Houston Rockets. So for all of you haters, go away and get a life. Stop making up reasons to bash T-Mac...

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Neg reps should be allowed whenever there's a post with McGrady in it.

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

Dude, out of curiosity, what the heck is wrong with him being Jewish? Why does that matter to you? It's like saying "It is all Les Alexander's fault, the former black stock trader", see? Why does it make a difference to you?

BTW, imo, Les is a GREAT owner. Be glad we don't have the Clippers owner.

17. bloop

bloop Member

Tears on your keyboard?

It's odd that he mentioned Les' religion and New Jersey but he didn't make any bigoted remarks. It's probably weirder that people feel they need to project all kinds of things onto the post because I guess it's prohibited to even mention that he's a Jew? Shut down the board I guess if anyone mentions Yao is Chinese or that Dream is Muslim.

This thread was funny when people were making cracks about the post but what will placate you? Will a formal apology to the ADL and resignation of his membership do it for you or do you need a pound of his flesh?

18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Although the fact he is jewish probably had nothing to do with OP being mad at him, he was incredibly stupid in putting it in. However, it isn't the end of the world and he already claimed he shouldn't have done it. That being said I know there is a diff between the garm and the D&D, but blightexxx and basso's posts are far more derogatory and make tihs guy look like a saint. :eek:

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah! How DARE the owner of our NBA franchise stoop so low as to sign exciting and popular players!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ha! So you ADMIT it was a threat!!

Your Honor, the prosecution rests.

J/K :p