1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's a shame how the Heat have such an influence on the Refs!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Captain Hook, Mar 16, 2014.

1. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Somebody post those 3 second calls, I'm almost positive I saw Dwight with one foot outside the lane.

2. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I counted two charges that were not called. Lebron should've been in foul trouble

3. jcage

jcage Member

What is being ignored here is not the amount of calls that a team gets, but its when those fouls come. I saw in the Rockets case a couple of fouls come at a time when it broke their momentum. Sometime they come to stop a run the Rockets are on. Yes the Rockets do get some favorable calls but they are on the bad end of the stick far more often. I have seen them drive to the basket and get hacked 3 to 4 time with no call and then on the other end get a foul call for touching an elbow after the shot. If they are going to let them play then let them play, I have no problem with that. I would love for someone to go back and watch the Houston vs Clippers game and tell me how does Blake Griffin get through that game without one call for a moving screen.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The real question is what have the Rockets done to deserve this kind of treatment from the refs? Is it simply because we have Dwight now? That can't be the only reason.....

5. hlcc

hlcc Member

I didn't think yesterday's officiating was all that bad. Yes the Heat got away with some calls but so did the Rockets. Lebron held Lin to create an open 3 but Harden also got away with an offensive foul by pushing Chalmers into TJ for a 3 point play.

Also people always talk about fouls breaking the momentum, but is this backed by any kind of evidence/data or is it just anecdotal?

6. Razsan

Razsan Member

Watch it again, it was a light push and a flop by Anderson.
    My Favorite was the charge by Lebron where the whole bench freaked out with a "OH...COME ON" and then you watch the replay and it was the easiest call of the day.

7. SacTown

SacTown Member

waaaaah waaaaah waaaaaaah blame the refs! waaaaaaaaah. Stop whining and play ball.

[​IMG]

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^
    How to be a successful fan on another team's message board

Rule #1: Don't be a douche

Rule #2: das it man

9. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

You're right.

No sense on complaining about entertainment...

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i think the NBA refs need to grow thicker skin and shouldn't be allowed to help teams out with a cop-out technical. If NFL refs can be berated all game long and not throw a penalty flag, NBA refs can suck it up too.

i realize the above comment isn't directly related to the Heat or this thread. but in general, NBA refs have too much power.

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

The Rockets take more free throws than any other team in the league. I think we get our fair share of calls. Officials do miss calls every single game for both teams. Fans for every team complain non-stop about the officiating every game.

The last time the Rockets played Portland, the Portland fans were outraged about the officiating, while at the same time, Clutchfans were complaining about the officiating. Officials miss calls all the time, but the fans just remember the ones against the team they support. Some games may be lost because of poor officiating, but hopefully by the end of the year things balance out. The officiating is just part of the game. Sometimes teams have to play well enough to overcome the officiating to get the win.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Meh happens on every teams forum. Just tune it out. Unless you're weak minded.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Yeah fans will always complain. Blazers fans were even complaining about last night's game against the Warriors even though the Warriors were called for 13 more fouls. They put more blame on the refs than their own players missing crucial free throws.

14. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

What about that Grizzlies game where we shot like 30 more free throws and even ZBO called out the refs? Why weren't you calling out the refs then? This game wasn't that bad officiated people just need to calm down and accept the loss...

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

it was 20 more free throws, not 30 btw but yeah same point. just accept the loss and move on.

16. val_modus

val_modus Member

3 seconds in the paint for Dwight twice, LeBron blatantly holding Lin around a screen, delay of game call twice that I haven't seen all season, phantom technical, LeBron free arm shoving Lin on a drive.... All towards the last few minutes of the game. Hmmmm, 6 point spread in Vegas on this game, the 3 instances in bold where the Heat were awarded free throws all occurred in the waning minutes of the game, Rockets lose by 9 instead of 6. NBA MAKES MONEY ;)

17. Razsan

Razsan Member

Seriously the delay where Howard caught the ball and flips it to the ref...

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It could be that the reffing was inconsistent and poor in that game as well, even though we got the favorable side of it.