1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It looka like a bomb

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm honestly fine with stupid people thinking that I'm racist if it makes them feel better, it really doesn't effect me....but I will judge them for it.

It's not a surprise to anyone that we have a few short bus kids that post here, so I kind of expect a little bit of pants on head r****ded every now and again. When they start their nonsense, I think it's for the best if we move past it as quick as possible and try to stay somewhat on topic.

As to the topic of this thread, it's pretty clear that the family of the kid with the hoax bomb was just trying to use their son to create a scene that could be used as propaganda and people have bought it hook line and sinker. Good for them.

2. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Why would our president meet with a kid who built a threatening suspicious bomb-look-a-like clock? Dude just got trolled.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Do the world a favor and don't ever procreate.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You might want to check your grammar, as to not embarrass yourself, when calling people "stupid," "short bus kids" and "r****ded" all in one post.

kthxbai

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, ya got me, I used effect instead of affect. Congratulations, this is pretty much the most substantive post I've seen you make in quite a while. Be proud of yourself, then try to get back on topic.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This entire forum thinks very lowly of you. We will continue deriding you until maybe one day you come to your senses and realize that you are delusional.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Take the pants off your head and get down from the soap box kid, no matter how much you whine and drool I'm not taking you seriously....and I'd negatively judge anyone that did. Say something intelligent, preferably on topic, or just remain silent and maybe one day you can regain some respect. You've dug quite a hole, so no matter what, it'll take quite a bit of time.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's ridiculous how difficult it is to keep these whiny petulant children on topic.

1 person likes this.
  9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The irony...

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If by "they" you actually mean "bigotthegreat" and "bigotexx" then yes, spot on.

11. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aGit-XltUB4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Y'all should watch this because I probably won't post anything by Bill Maher again. Chris Matthews, George Pataki, Mark Cuban, and Jorge Ramos join Bill Maher to discuss Ahmed's clock.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I've seen some people characterize him as some kind of wiz kid, but that's been beside the point for me. He seems to have an intrinsic interest in engineering, which will probably get him 90% of the way even if his aptitude is average. As for the schools and corporations sending him invites -- this is a cheap way for them to leverage his PR buzz for themselves and really has nothing to do with him. I wouldn't take it so seriously.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This kid and his family have pulled off an epic scam.

14. TheresTheDagger

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]Family of Muslim teen seeks $15M in clock incident

IRVING, Texas (AP) — Attorneys for the 14-year-old Muslim boy arrested after taking a homemade clock to his Dallas-area school say he was publicly mistreated and deserves $15 million.

A law firm representing Ahmed Mohamed sent letters Monday demanding $10 million from the city of Irving and $5 million from the Irving Independent School District. The letters also threaten lawsuits and seek written apologies.

Ahmed took his clock to school in September, and an educator thought it could be a bomb. Ahmed was arrested but never charged. He was also suspended from school.

The family accepted a foundation's offer to pay for Ahmed's education in Qatar and has since moved to the Persian Gulf country.

Messages left for Irving's city attorney and the district weren't immediately returned Monday.[/rQUOTEr]

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm betting they settle, but that would be absolutely ridiculous.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It seemed like the school had info they wanted to release but could not. Any lawsuit makes it public. I doubt they settle.

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

1. Take a bomb look alike to a public place
    2. show it to everyone
    3. Get arrested
    4. ?
    5. profit

19. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

A $15 million lawsuit is absurd.

I know the incident was humiliating for the kid, but didn't this kid already get tons of perks from the situation? Where, exactly, is the $15 million in damages? I hope the school fights this lawsuit with everything possible.

20. TheresTheDagger

Cool Lawsuit Ahmed! Want to bring some of that cash to the White House? We should inspire more kids like you to sue. It's what makes America great.

~Almost Barack Obama