1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It looka like a bomb

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 15, 2015.

1. what

what Member

I think that kid was trying to buck the system, for whatever reason. He's not an idiot and he knew that what he was doing would seem suspicious.

1 person likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

I guess a 14 year old Muslim child should not be interested in electrical engineering for it might raise suspicion.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Did he bring it to school on 9/11? Texas is trying to compete with Florida on getting on the news by being stupid.

4. what

what Member

No, he should not bring a clock to school that looks like a bomb and then act as if he were clueless that he would be detained, under suspicion.

It reeks of youthful rebellion and thumbing the nose at the establishment.

5. malakas

malakas Member

I hope his family sues.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I hope they take the district and police to the cleaners. You would figure one of the teachers would know a little about electronics. There are circuit boards inside cell phones.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Kid goes to the wrong school. Dallas area has some fantastic schools that can help him flourish

Also, F*** Dallas

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Are you just trying to increase your troll rep?

9. shastarocket

10. what

what Member

Kid brings a homemade clock in a case on the anniversary of 9/11 and the establishment is just to ignorant of science to know what it really was?

I think the school handled it perfectly.

11. shastarocket

He brought it to school Monday the 14th.

Read the article next time, ya dingus

12. what

what Member

his engineering teacher DID know. also, his english teacher took it from him. I doubt if the English teacher REALLY thought it was a bomb he or she would have confiscated it like a cell phone.

and could we get a more slanted view from the "journalist" here, I really don't know what side he or she is on.

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only thing that gives me pause is that the first teacher he showed the thing to (who obviously likes him and knew it wasn't a bomb) told him to not show anyone else. He knew what it looked like and that people would probably freak out. Then the kid showed it to someone else anyway. Why did he do that unless he was maybe wanting to stir the pot a little? Maybe he really was that naive and didn't think anything would happen, but it made me a bit suspicious that he might have been trying to start the controversy.

But either way, the school absolutely mishandled it. Once they knew for certain it wasn't a bomb and just a clock, they should have talked to his parents and made sure he knew, in no uncertain terms, that bringing something that resembled a bomb to school was unacceptable and would freak everyone out. Then send him home. No need to handcuff the poor nerd and detain him.

1 person likes this.
  14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He's not an idiot, but he's a kid and its a "mistake" that anyone could have easily made. You take a clock and add a bunch of wires and circuit board to it, and it will look like a bomb. Especially to people who are already paranoid about such things. Its not like a knife or a gun, where it is clear what its intended to look like.

15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Calm down Hank Hill.

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

Now it seems like if this had been a white kid i wonder if it would have come to this.

17. malakas

malakas Member

And ur post reeks of idiotic ignorance.

If a white blond 14y.o girl brought this to school and said it was a clock would she have been handcuffed?:rolleyes:
    The school a place of supposed knowledge instead of encouraging innovation is showing instead a paranoid racistic epistemophobia.. The fact that the police is still threatening to press charges and the school still suspended the boy even tho he did nothing wrong is crazy.

18. SK34

SK34 Member

He didn't show the second teacher on purpose. The article said that the alarm clock rang in class and the teacher was upset. It rang a few more times when the he was with the police. If they really thought it was a bomb.

1. Call a bomb squad and they would tell you if it is or not.
    2. Evacuate the school
    3. The kid would not show a "Bomb" to a teacher if that's what he wants.
    4. Kid was known to be interested in electronics and engineering.
    5. Engineering teacher didn't say anything to him or call the cops when he first saw it. Why? If it is a Bomb, does he not care about the life of the students and others?
    6. Kid always claimed it to be a clock and nothing else.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You'd think someone would ask the engineering teacher about it. He would be able to give an informed opinion. English teachers ain't know nothin.

20. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good point. I had missed that. In that case then yeah, seems totally innocent and the school (and police) way, way overreacted.