1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It is AMAZING how fast y'all are with knee-jerk reaction...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mr.Scarface, Mar 12, 2024.

1. Buck Turgidson

What roosters? Rooster what?

raining threes likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The Deshaun thing gets murky. At the end of the day a big reason he demanded a trade was because he wanted a huge fully guaranteed contract and the Texans weren’t going to give it to him.

Sooty likes this.
  3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

For starters, I’m much less skeptical than he is, and I have posted as much. But I was also one that “knee-jerked” after day 1 of free agency.

the reason for that and any skepticism, is a couple things (at least for me):

* BOB ruined me and has me extra sensitive to “guys who think they are smartest in the room” not saying caserio does that, but sometimes it can appear so.

* patriot way. I know, it seems we are done with it, but still can be scary.

* while he has way more great moves than bad imo, sometimes his bad ones fall into that first reason I gave and I get PTSD. (Moving back and getting K. Green and Pitre instead of Hamilton)

what needs to be done to not be skeptical? Honestly he has done it. There will be times I disagree and knee jerk, but after some extra thought and deep breaths, I come back to understanding and more importantly, trusting, nick. Just want him to do more sometimes. Especially getting Simmons, Howard, Blackmon, Armstead. Instead of wasting little millions on contracts for Eric Murray, Tim Settle, etc .

RunninRaven likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Yep. ;)

houstonstime likes this.
  5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't remember that at all.

cbass likes this.
  6. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I was fortunate to have tuned out while OBrien was still just a coach with an 11 game winning streak. He did not ruin me as a GM. While I heard about Watson playing the game, I never watched him.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You need to go back and read the stuff that came out. Cal said (and people dismissed him at the time) that the there was more to the trade request than people knew. The public narrative was, weirdly, that Deshaun wanted a trade because the Texans didn't hire his choice for GM. That never made any sense.

8. Buck Turgidson

ROCKSS likes this.
  9. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I always thought he was upset that he did not have a hand in the picking of a new coach or GM.
    I might be wrong.

raining threes and A_3PO like this.