1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It Could Be Worse

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Manny Ramirez, Aug 10, 2001.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I know that alot of people here are not happy with the Rockets. We lost Olajuwon, we didn't even try to go after Webber, we may be getting Glen Rice very soon. Well, let me ask a question to all of these unhappy people: Aren't you glad that you're a Rocket fan instead of a Warrior, Bulls, Nugget, Celtic, Cavaliers, Nets, Pistons, Hawks, Clippers, or Wizards fan?

Let me explain what I'm talking about here. All of those teams (yes, even the Clippers) mentioned above had made the playoffs at least once in the '90's. Well, guess what--just like the Rockets they missed the playoffs one time and then they became perennial lottery teams (exception here is Pistons which will make the playoffs one year and not the next). The Hawks and Clippers are both taking steps to get back to the playoffs, but can you say that about any of these other teams? Maybe the Celtics will make the playoffs, but none of these other teams are even close. We all knew that Olajuwon, Barkley, Drexler, and later Quitten were old, but that was okay because Rudy T and CD were still trying to win a championship. A buddy of mine who loves the Lakers used to always tell me, "Boy, your team is going to suck once Olajuwon, Barkley, etc. leave!" Well, he was right, sorta of. We sucked for one year. We won 45 games and just missed making the playoffs last year. There is no question that we have the talent to make it back to the playoffs. With the exception of the Hawks and the Clippers, can you say the same thing for those other teams? Rudy T, CD, and Les Alexander have done a great job in transitioning this team from an old one to a young one (with the exception of Rice). The fact that there was only one losing season during this process is something that I really think we should be thankful of.

Let's all realize that we are Rocket fans and that every move that CD and Rudy do may not be one that we will like, but so far, they have done a great job. Can you say the same for people like Dan Issel, Michael Jordan, and Jerry Krause?

2. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

no, not really :D