1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It comes down to Dwight and Milkhair

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It's tough to sell to Dwight that he isn't a first or second option on offense when a member of the Rockets staff, one Hakeem Olajuwon, is telling Dwight he should be the most dominant offensive player on the planet and that the offense should be run through him 100% of the time.

I know I've said that before but it's a real problem IMO.

1 person likes this.
  2. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Hmm. IMO Dwight has been letting DMO get his Post for 2 games now.

Miami he didnt even post till the 2nd Qtr and let DMO go off in the first

Bulls He had only 1 post up attempt in the First Q. Most of Dwights Shot attempts came with the 2nd Unit.

Really For the past 2 games Most of Dwights shots have come with the Terry/Brewer/Kpap/Smith lineup and its been working pretty well although its only 2 games.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We are an interesting bunch . . . . once we run Dwight off
    We are SURE that the DMo/HArden combo is the championship team?

Rocket River

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

If minutes means nothing, so you are implying both Morey and McHale are complete morons for playing guys not hustling with good defense on the floor, in the case of Dwight?

So, let me get this straight, if you said Dwight just straight up gave up plays last night on the floor and he still able to protect the board for the Rox, while Dmo is playing his heart out and still getting murdered on the board.

What kind of a joke Dmo the player is? And you still want to give him more chances?

SMH.

5. dream2franchise

I'm all for Dmo getting more touches. I agree that Dwight doesn't seem to be as engaged as I expected or hoped especially with all the MVP talk from the off season and his talk of being in playoff mode every single game. Perhaps the injury and has his confidence shaken.

That being said I'll still wait for the playoffs. He lifted his game last season and he does that again and Harden brings it we will be very difficult to beat.

Like OP said, we have everything we could need. With effort and efficiency, we can contend with what we have.

6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Repped on this great thread. Mchale has been making some ballsy moves this season, so i'm hoping he convinces Howard to make way for Dmo. Dmo seems like a nice guy type of personality, not one of those who will push Howard behind him like having a swag if you know what i mean.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed.
    If the Coach did exactly what is asked here. . . the rockets for 4-6 in the next 10 games
    everyone will be ready to send DMo to the DLeague . . . .

It is a long season and people needs to grow into their roles
    Getting DMo touches to satisfy this crowd . . should happen organically

I think by Playoff we should have a good rotation
    and
    We will be ok.
    That is my expectation of 'MilkHair and Co.'

Rocket River

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

People who still think lowly of D-Mo and claim he is overrated have no foresight and I question their mental capacity.

Also lets stop with ragging on Dwight (and T-Mac). Both have performed great in the playoffs. Dwight is obviously still hurt to some extent. Let's give the team some time.

The effort has been a lot better the past two games.

1 person likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

10. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I speculate a 3 year extension for McHale is more likely for Dragic rather than Howard, or neither.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

12. Rox23

Rox23 Member

DMo keeps getting better and better and is still years away from his prime. It's his POTENTIAL and his WORK ETHIC which sets him apart. He isn't an all star-yet; but he could be.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dwight is hurt left and right but he's hangin' in there by whatever thread there is. Post Heat game he mentions he appreciates the patience of the team in letting him get back to shape but he clearly has some issues with that body still there. You guys need to consider this. I've elected to trade for a rest of the regular season Center until the post season.

14. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Agree with OP's sentiment but I think there is one other elephant to address which is playmaking outside of Harden.

That one isn't as easy to pin the tail on as it potentially could be solved by Bev, Ariza, multiple bench players, MilkHair, or Mauri through a trade. However I think to succeed at a consistent level in the playoffs, the offense will have to find a better way to step up when Harden is shut down.

15. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Very good point. Mchale has still got to say it though. The tape don't lie. Too many turnovers in the post, doesn't convert on post ups, misses free throws when fouled. Maybe he will find it again later in the year or against the right post season matchup like Lopez.

16. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Who said run Dwight off? It's a question of what's the proper role and will he accept it. If you think Dwight should be second option, that's your right, but the tape don't lie and nobody is saying we should run Dwight off.

17. Zbed

Zbed Member

I'm hoping Dwight is just a little banged up with the knee and shoulder and by playoff time he's 100% and turns up like last year and if Harden sustains his MVP like play with Dmo new and improved and with Smoove feasting on second units.......watch out

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This could probably also merit its own thread, but here's Pau Gasol commenting on Dwight getting fewer touches / being less aggressive this year.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Pau Gasol says Dwight's not as aggressive this season, not getting as many touches

<a href="http://t.co/veHrsqXgjZ">http://t.co/veHrsqXgjZ</a> Deep-dive on the situation.</p>&mdash; Hardwood Paroxysm (@HPbasketball) <a href="https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/552623718803845120">January 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Did the OP just call DMo Neo? How about NeMo? The main thing the Rockets need to do is Finding NeMo, night in and night out. :grin:

20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think depending on health we give Dwight till 2016. Dmo , jones , and Capela are an interesting front court trio and 2016 is also a contract year for them. For now, the rockets appear to have a frontcourt that is adequate for a championship with Dwight dmo smith and jones when he comes back . The rest of this season will be very interesting.