1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It comes down to Dwight and Milkhair

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Jan 6, 2015.

1. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Good post. I'm shocked Dwight chose to take a step back going to the bench early in the games so there is a chance his ego isn't getting in the way as much this year. I'm waiting for Ariza to get out of his slump or Mchale to put Ariza on the bench and start Brewer. We've lost a hand full of games by 5 or 10 points give or take and I think Brewer's presence starting games and Ariza coming off the bench to lockdown on defense might be the cure. Another scoring option at the beginning and end of games when necessary. Hopefully Mchale will try lineup change this at some point.

2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I agree. Howard's play has been lackluster to say the least. Too many times he just gives up when someone doesn't throw him the ball or throws a bad pass. He just rolls his eyes and throws his hands up.

Also, there are plays that he gives a hard foul for no reason. For instance, last night, I can't remember who it was, but someone (not Noah or Gasol) was sandwiched between Dmo and Howard, pumpfaked, and Howard bit from behind...but instead of going straight up, he jumped through the player...why? Make the guy shoot a tough shoot between two 7 footers*. Instead, he takes a stupid foul, gives the other player points, and gives up one of his crucial fouls.

Too many times I've seen that this season. He doesn't seem as happy as he was last season. Maybe it's the knee and he just isn't ready to go 100% this early in the season, but it worries me down the stretch that he isn't playing as hard as he once was. We need him to be a 20/10 guy and a dominant force on the defensive side, if we want to win it big this year.

3. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

One of the best posts I have read on here. You perfectly summed it up.

Did anyone else notice we ran more pick-and-roll with Dwight last night than I've seem him run since he's been with the Rockets? Yet what I also saw from Dwight was another game of him seemingly pouting on the defensive end. Thoughts?

Anyway, great post. I hope Dwight and McHale can figure it out.

4. Progs

Progs Member

Amazing post. Agree on all points.

5. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

It's certainly an observation that many here have made, and I have to agree. It's a great post, OP. As long as we don't undermine what Howard brings to the team. We don't have any other interior player who can rebound or dominate the middle the way he does defensively, something that I think Motiejunas benefits from greatly, though I am aware that he was playing great before Dwight came back. I acknowledge that there are many truths to what you're saying, but I'm also overjoyed at knowing that this is the kind of problem our team faces. Him (Howard) being under contract the next three years, I'm certain that we'll make the necessary adjustments. McHale has proven himself to be a much better coach than many of us expected this year.

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Great post Rileydog! I agree with almost everything you said, but calling Dmo near untouchable in trade discussions is a big stretch for me. Don't get me wrong, I agree that Dmo has taken that next step, is young, and a 7fter, but non of that guarantees that he'll continue to progress even further, maybe what were seeing now is the best he'll ever get. If that third LEGITIMATE star becomes available we have to pull the trigger! The only untouchable on our team is Harden, apart from him the rest are assets!

#26 BamBam, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  7. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I'd like to see Howard in more of a Rich Man's Deandre Jordan type role. I belive he can do everything Jordan does, but better.

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Your lazy ass Dwight played 41 minutes last night against the Bulls, which he only sat down 1one and a half minute in the 4th and banging his body against Gasol and Noah the whole game.

While he was not on the floor, your beloved Rox were getting murdered on the boards by the Bulls with your beloved Dmo on the floor.

1 person likes this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Thoroughly agree with your premise, but my nitpick is that McGrady was a bad comparison. I would love for Dwight to start dropping 30-10-8 in the playoffs. That would be an excellent problem.

10. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Would you trade Dwight, and Bev to the Nets for Deron Williams and Brook Lopez... We all know Dwight loves Brooklyn and Prokhorov. Maybe the Nets would even sweeten the deal... Who knows

11. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Now that's DEEP

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Since the Nets benching both Dwill and Lopez, they started to play much better and win more.

They will give you the key of NJ for a trade like this.

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

D Mo is amazing so over rated on this board it isn't funny, D Mo has his spins and hook shots but nothing else and Houston don't use Dwight enough as it is.

we would go backwards if we didn't have Dwight, the defence would suffer in a huge way

14. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Those are two of the frailest players in the league...I don't know why you would trade two of your defensive anchors for two guys who can barely stay on the court let alone Show up on the less desirable end of the court...That's a huge downgrade...Not to mention D-Will's terrible contract...Why trade your core

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

The Rockets are fine... They just have to get their $#it together...

16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

people get on the Lin fans for over rating him, D Mo's fans might just be as bad

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

wait until we have a full fit team before people lose their minds

18. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Got Damn good post.....I preach this a lot and many don't see it, but they aren't watching enough. D MO needs more touches period. He needs to be able to work in the post even when Dwight is on the floor. They can't double the post when Howard is on the floor. Mchale just needs to man up and call dmo's number more and everyone one else falls in line. If we are winning then does it matter? People assume Dwight will b!tch but I rather get to that point to see it...while winning. He's ready for 15+ shots a game.

19. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

How many minutes to Harden play last year? Minutes on the floor means NOTHING when you're speaking about hustle and defense. He straight up gave up on plays last night and he has been doing it all season (well at least all the games he has played).

20. kemah

kemah Member

If Dmo is the best we can come up with then we are screwed. We need to keep showcasing him and hope a team thinks as the yahoos here do and trade us a nice asset for him. The team that does trade for him expecting the next Duncan will be sorely disappointed and going nowhere.