1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It Begins: Pedophiles call for same rights as Homosexuals

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IzakDavid13, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I wouldn't lump the three together, but whatever.

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This was the premise of my argument. The system has been broke. This would have been a good time to bring in the civil union and phase out the typical marriage.

I am not too sure how you think adding more people to the marriage pool with strengthen it. This isn't insurance. Its not about quantity, its about quality. If you fully intend on staying marriage no matter what, then the current format will work. If you're like the vast majority of people who will use divorce if need to be, then you should stay away from it.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

backwards ass logic in this thread.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

There are certain rights that are covered under marriage that should be given to anyone, not just married people, or straight people or gay people.

There are aspects of marriage that the government have no business involved in.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Excellent source DingoJesus.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It's an abusive non-consensual relationship. Your thoughts?

7. SexyButIgnorant

I'm not gonna lie, I kinda thought my teachers were hot when I was a kid (and thinking of them now as an adult, I had good taste). If they came on to me, would that be considered pedophilia? Cause little sexybutignorant was a perv when he was a kid, he woulda liked it.

I've matured now...

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

****ing stupid.

9. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I completely agree with this, unfortunately everyone thinks you're crazy when you mention it in public.

IMO, it's offensive to ask religious people to recognize homosexual marriages. We don't have to stomp on their religious rights to give rights to gays, everyone should have equal rights regardless of marital status.

10. Nook

Nook Member

#1 They are two completely seperate arguments.

#2 No one is forcing any church to marry homosexuals. They can refuse to marry anyone they want.

#3 "Forcing religious people to recognize marriages". Do you mean that the STATE shouldn't? Because that is what this is REALLY about.

I don't think anyone should be forced to marry homosexuals in their church. If Baptists don't want to marry interracial couples, they shouldn't have to... If the Catholic church does not want to marry homosexuals, they should not have to.....

Anything else is a red herring.

11. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

RE: #1 Possibly, but giving everyone equal rights and getting rid of (or significantly altering) state recognized marriage would render the gay marriage argument irrelevant. Everyone goes home happy and no one's belief system is challenged.

RE: #2 I never mentioned churches.

RE: #3 refer to #1

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

As some others have pointed out, the key difference is that children and animals cannot give consent. Two adults, regardless of whether they are of the same sex or of different sexes, can.

13. Nook

Nook Member

.... or 3 or 4 adults can give consent.

I don't really understand the fear of poly families..

14. Nook

Nook Member

If you never mentioned "churches" and do not mean "churches", then how the hell are religious people being forced to recognize anything? If you mean LEGALLY forced to recognize and provide benefits, then this is nothing new. Religions are forced to legally recognize many things they do not like in a legal sense.

Second, having the state do away with tax breaks, benefits, etc for married people would be EXTREMELY unpopular, and that includes with the church crowd as they are used to and rely on the benefits and breaks.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My thoughts? The OP couldn't even manage an original title for this farce. My other thought? That he is a disgusting fool deserving of my ignore list. Congratulations idiot. You made it.

1 person likes this.
  16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Based on the the rampant Caligula-ization of human life in all of the states and countries with legalized gay marriage it seems that the OP may be on to something...or on something.

I mean, we are witnessing the complete collapse of civilized functioning in Argentina, Denmark, the Netherlands, South Africa, Belgium, England/Wales, New Zealand, Spain, Brazil, France, Norway, Sweden, Canada, Iceland, Portugal, and Uruguay, not to mention the moral destruction occurring in our own backyards in California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington state. Right?

17. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Yes, being forced to legally recognize gay marriage is obviously what I meant. And, yes, there are many legal sins, as they should be. The problem with gay marriage for religious people is not that they consider it wrong but that it does not fit their definition of marriage in the first place.

I agree that doing away with marriage benefits is currently unpopular (I believe I hinted towards that in my original post). That doesn't mean it is not the right thing to do. In fact, in personal discussions, that's the most common response I get. It sounds like the right thing to do but a lot of people won't like it.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The issue with polygamous marriages comes more from the image of the compound, cultish nature of those groups where young women are basically being raped and forced into these marriages.

The other issue with polygamy is the tax break situation. Should a man get a tax deduction for every wife? In today's "civil union" view of marriage anyway, that makes it enticing for people to do it just for the business aspect.

19. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This.

It's not that hard, Izak. Do you see pedophiles gaining rights in any other country where gay marriage has been legal for so long?

Just an intellectually pathetic thread.

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

What the hell are you talking about???