1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It’s settled: James Ennis sucks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Oct 4, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was the combo of Luc, Ariza, and Tucker plus some better effort from JH and others.

Now you just have PJ and lost the other 2 puzzle pieces.

I dun have to tell everyone else that we probably go back to outscoring opponents until the Defense can hold opponents to below 102 ppg again.

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

@DudeWah

mario_v and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bwhahaha this has got to be the funniest **** I've read on here so far. Melo isn't a starting F on a championship team. Wow are you freaking serious.

RocksMillenium likes this.
  4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

would he start on the warriors, celtics, sixers, raptors, or rockets? the answers vary from "no" to "debatable"

its safe to say he's not a starting caliber F on any championship teams this season.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Heck yeah he would.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He is right.

The road to championship goes through the Warriors and Warriors will annihilate Melo on defense.

#126 Zboy, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    smoothie and da_juice like this.
  7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I wish people stop trying to get attention by starting stupid threads.

DudeWah likes this.
  8. RocksMillenium

Yet Oklahoma City beat up on Golden State last year.

9. RocksMillenium

Some of you guys are buying into this media hype. Luc barely played last year after getting hurt and Ariza wore down as the season went on. Yet you guys act like we lost Magic Johnson and Kareem. We not only replaced those guys we upgraded our team.

mario_v likes this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure what you have been seeing in preseason, but at PF and C I think Melo looks pretty damn good. His switches onto guards have been solid, and his defense on bigs has looked well above average. His boxouts look great, etc.

He definitely looks better than Ryan Anderson on both ends. At PF/C, I don't think he is going to have any problems.

Koperboy and RocksMillenium like this.
  11. RocksMillenium

The best part is how this thread was created by someone whining about a preseason game yet Ennis is out playing Ariza in the preseason.

TEXNIFICENT and RyanB like this.
  12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

True, we didn't lose a stud and Ariza is probably going to suck balls this year, but he is still a guy that can soak up 40 minutes and play top notch defense.

I am encouraged by Ennis, but he needs to stop fouling. He has the potential to be a very high quality 3&D, but he isn't there yet.

13. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Never understand why people get worked up about stuff like this, not really any sort of out of nowhere statement. There's merit there.

Warriors: Durant / Green, big obvious no
    Celtics: Hayward / Tatum, another definite no
    Sixers: Covington / Saric, fit wise it doesn't make sense to start him over either of those guys
    Raptors: not sure Miles/Leonard when going smaller, those two again make more sense than starting Melo, and Leonard/Siakam also would make more sense
    Rockets: We'll see...

So yea, not really any wild statement to say that Melo is not a starting caliber player on a championship team. OKC tried and realized that he wasn't for them if their goal is to be a contender. With the Rockets right now there are two role players at the forward spots possibly ahead of him, and it's not clear that he will be starting. This is just career transitions, no big deal, we can't think of Melo as if he is still in his prime, he isn't, and that's fine, doesn't mean he sucks.

smoothie and RudyTBag like this.
  14. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

He averaged 3.3 fouls/36 in his career, so he should be fine based on that, unless the whole freedom of movement rule change is his achilles heel

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I hope so. He seems to get stuck in the mud reaching a bit more than I would like, but Ron Artest was the same way.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Nobody is not getting worked up like that. We don't know how things will unfold. We haven't played any regular season games and yet yall naysayers come out the wood works.

Melo is a starter. The thing is the media has filled all yall heads up with jibber jabber.

17. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Don't care for "the media" and I don't watch or listen to the shows that would be classified as "the media". I just looked at the rosters and said things as I see them. If he starts on the Rockets, fine, if not, then the statement holds true as he wouldn't start on any of the other contenders. There's nothing crazy about that, it's nothing that requires trying to suggest that people who think differently based on reasonable observation are brainwashed by "the media".

smoothie likes this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yeah they call it preseason for a reason.

Research Kelvin Cato.

Warriors in the playoffs....whole different animal.

Sorry.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yet Melo was unplayable in the playoffs against the Jazz because he couldnt guard anyone...last year.

20. alethios

alethios Member

Still an upgrade over Anderson who was infinitely more unplayable than Melo in the playoffs. We could have used a couple of Melo buckets in game 7.

hakeem94 and TEXNIFICENT like this.