1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It’s settled: James Ennis sucks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Oct 4, 2018.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

I have a hard time on deciding what he brings on the court? He is getting pushed around on defense,standing still on offense, missing majority of shots But it just seems MDA doesnt have any idea how to incorporate our forwards into offense

bj3175 likes this.
  2. bj3175

bj3175 Member

He wants to play down hill not spot up in the corner. He needs to play with EG and Green off the bench. His game is not playing at this slower tempo he clearly hates it. Melo is better. He rebounds and is more conducive to the pace they are playing

3. farhen

farhen Member

we all know ennis sucked big time but wait what melo is better!? what game are you even watching man?

Mathloom likes this.
  4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

just wait you will see Ennis is going to lose his job. And Melo will start. Everytime Ennis plays a quality small forward it is going to be bbq chicken. Melo likes been fed in a slow paced halfcourt game. Ennis has a motor he wants to run and James Harden will not run. Cp3 will when Hardens off the floor and the wings are athletic

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Melo is a known scorer at least, he maybe the streakiest but neither Ennis nor MCW is known to be a great role player.

With the inconsistent Gerald Green the bench is again worrisome.

Eric Gordon will be saving the day if he comes off the bench.

6. farhen

farhen Member

They talked about starting gordon at the summer before training camp so if ennis 'the scrub' get bench I believe gordon would make the starting unit over melo

Mathloom, bj3175 and buffalobills!!! like this.
  7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I think that would make logical sense in terms of your best players (best decision makers and consistent leaders) I just worry about getting carmelo in synch with the game as soon as possible

8. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Ennis is not ariza level. His defence is a.loophole. lakers player and.pass through him easily. I suggest.to start melo and put ennis at the bench.

9. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Eric
    Eric Gordon about to be starting with CP3 out

10. onreego

onreego Member

JVG made a good point. Ariza was used to that role of receiving the pass and just hoisting the 3. That's after playing that way with Wall to Harden to Harden/CP3. That's 4 seasons of understanding that role, knowing where to be, etc. We're wanting Ennis to figure out and be comfortable in that role after a month of practice. It's going to be frustrating–trust me I was getting pissed last night lol–but I think we need to give it time.

Also loved what JVG said about the freedom of movement rediculousness.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. StrawberryJamm

I think Ennis will get comfortable and show some improvement but if not and they do make a change to the starting lineup, Gerald Green at the 3 with the starters (not Melo). Keep the rest of the rotation intact just switch him and ennis could be a sneaky good move.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

What is the point of this scrub??

13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

What game are you watching? He's playing just fine.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Ennis at least looks better than Melo and MCW. Not saying much.

15. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Not on a game-to-game basis - but ariza has sucked for Phoenix.

He can return to form when they buy him out in the spring

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I think Ennis looks fine. His defense was clearly overstated coming into the season, as he's been fine at best on that end. But he's knocked down shots and played with effort.

More than you can say for Melo

17. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I just hope Ennis becomes consistent on what he can do. The problem with Trev was that he can give you 20 and good defense on one game, only to build a brick house on the next.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

hes been ok. despite what people wanted to hate/say about ariza, he was a significant role player on this team. hes able to play big minutes and stay on the floor. ennis has a ways to go to be that big minutes every night 3 and D player. especially being so foul prone

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Provides zero offense and zero defense.

There’s no point of having this guy. We need someone who can play defense at that spot.

20. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Not that it will change anyones mind, but I'll throw out some actual numbers:

Pelicans Game
    --------------
    Ennis defended on 53 possessions and allowed 12 points ( Mirotic - 5, AD - 2, Holiday - 2, Randle - 3)

Enis shot 40% on Three Pointers

Lakers Game
    --------------
    Ennis defended on 50 possessions and allowed 8 points ( Ingram - 2, Lebron - 2, Rondo - 2, Stepheson - 2)

Enis shot 40% on Three pointers

Clippers Game
    ---------------
    Ennis defended on 42 possessions and allowed 7 points (Gallinari - 3, Gortat - 2, Harrell - 2)

Ennis shot 50% on Three Pointers.

So far for the season, he's defended on 145 possessions and allowed 27 points. He's shooting 42.9% on Threes.

As I asked in another thread: Who is the player that Ennis has allowed to have a big game?