1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Launches Ground Invasion of Gaza

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Jul 17, 2014.

1. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

If you don't accept that it is an attempt at a slow genocide, which it very much is, then how do you explain away the ethnic cleansing?

1 dead palestinian child every third day for nearly 15 years. Yea, just because Israeli apartheid and military aggression isn't as swift as the final solution one should refrain from calling it attempted genocide. That makes bunches of sense. Not all genocides are equal buddy

2. houstonhoya

And the ethnic cleansing?

Were 750,000 people NOT forcibly moved in 48?

Were tens of thousands of Palestinians not slaughtered in 48?

Does the IDF not continue to kill women and children indiscriminately? What, 70 years on now? I don't see the difference between the IDF and the Haganah and Irgun of the 20s and 30s that spawned this brutal machine. The goal was always the reduction of one population (genocide) to make way for a purportedly superior population.

History will show you defending genocidal behavior, guess you're ready to live with that.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

FIFY.

Its excusable if its where the weapons are being stored. Its excusable if Israel is taking precautions to try and mitigate civilian casualties (we know they are).

How do you feel about England and the US blowing up Dresden? 25,000 died (mostly civilians).

In war civilians die. Always. Israel has gone above and beyond trying to prevent this by calling civilians and telling them where they can go to be safe as well as dropping knockers. Despit this it will still happen, and since this combat in taking place in Palestine, it will be Palestinian civilians that will die.

4. tallanvor

There is no ethnic cleansing (again u don't know what that phrase means). The population growth is massive in Palestine. Palestinian as an ethnicity is booming.

No. its because Palestine has declared war on Israel and in war people die.

5. trustme

trustme Member

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

6. houstonhoya

Ilan Pappe. Look him up. You smart guy you.

7. tallanvor

you keep retorting like this is a matter of opinion. It's not. It is fact that there is no genocide of the Palestinians. The population growth is very high. Unless you are claiming the census numbers are wrong. Are you?

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Leave my posts alone. Thanks in advance.

The head of the United Nations disagrees with you. So do I. It is not excusable to attack a UN facility used as a bomb shelter, one filled with civilians, because someone in the chain of command, someone who should be brought up on charges, thinks that it's a good idea to hit it anyway. If huge numbers of civilians are there, then send in commandos to make sure that there are weapons there or, as an alternative, tell the UN to evacuate those civilians, because the IDF is going to hit it. To hit it and not care about the UN, and not care about the civilians the United Nations is attempting to protect is simply madness.

With all due respect, that doesn't have a ****ing thing to do with what happened yesterday in Gaza.

Yesterday, they DID NOT go "above and beyond" trying to prevent civilian casualties. They ignored the United Nations, they ignored that it was a UN school, they ignored that the UN told them at least a dozen times in the hours before the attack that it was both a school and a civilian shelter, giving the IDF, each time, the coordinates of the facility.

This was not just "any incident," excused by the vagaries of war. It was an outrage. Those responsible have no business conducting combat operations at any level.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Israel does not give a damn about civilian casualties.

10. houstonhoya

It isn't a matter of opinion, Zionists have publicly declared the necessity of killing Palestinians to establish a state, even Ari Shavit publicly acknowledged as much.

And what of the ethnic cleansing that is not just attempted or gradual, but very much in effect and both sudden and incremental? You seem to forget about the ethnic cleansing and continue to point to the fact that the genocide of Gazans over the past 5 decades has taken too few lives, as if it is the death toll and not the intent that most defines a genocidal act. Yes Palestinians are reproducing at higher rates, that does not change the facts on the ground that clearly show Israel's intent: the marginalization, the dehumanization, and the ultimate removal of Palestinians. Whether through genocide or ethnic cleansing or both, Israel has been more than willing to ensure this murder and dispossession of Palestinians all for the cause of Zionism.

11. tallanvor

Oh Ari Shivet?!?!?! rly? tell me more

does he talk about this 'slow genocide' you keep bringing up where ISrael lets the population double in 20 years?

Wrong. Israel has nuclear weapons and has the ability to wipe Palestine off the face of the earth therefore actually committing genocide. They do not, so your point is meaningless.

12. trustme

trustme Member

http://boycottisrael.info/content/citizens-israel-charge-israel-genocide

The people of Israel have spoken

Signatories:
    http://boycottisrael.info/node/2/signatures?page=1&sort=desc&order=Country

1 person likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I disagree.

14. tallanvor

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

In war, yes collateral damage is an eventual outcome. However, as someone who has experienced war and understands the level of precautions that Nato forces used to prevent collateral damage, I can safely conclude that Israel is not utilizing the same level of precautions. U.S. forces or any NATO forces that I know of would not deliberately strike a bomb shelter when we have been warned on several occasions that civilians are actively utilizing the shelter EVEN IF WEAPONS ARE STORED IN THERE. We would more than likely go foot mobile and actually confirm the weapons cache.

Dude, it's okay to criticize Israel from time to time. I'm assuming you are a patriotic loving American yet I'm sure you are capable of criticizing your own nation's foreign policy. No one is going to bite you or think you are a bad Christian or anti-Semitic.

#1115 fchowd0311, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  16. tallanvor

Of course it is and I would be more prone to do so if Israel wasn't being accused of genocide and other such absurd atrocities. I am not gonna jump on the progressives bash Israel (who sat and waited for years while day after day rockets were fired at their women and children) bandwagon.

17. trustme

trustme Member

Right, and also illegally sat (sits) on Palestinian land for decades and expelled people from their homes. Glad to see you are pro-occupation.

18. houstonhoya

You really should read up on Israel and Palestine. I have throughout my life as both my parents happen to be Palestinian refugees. My father ethnically cleansed in 48, my mother in 67. I don't play your hasbara game.

19. tallanvor

illegal by what law? Also Israel has offered Palestine their own country 3 times. They always respond with a 'river of blood' as they say.

#1119 tallanvor, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  20. houstonhoya

8 journalists killed by Israel thus far in this assault. Does anyone have the Iraq War journalist deaths? I don't feel like 3 journalists were dying every week in Iraq but I may be wrong.