1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Launches Ground Invasion of Gaza

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Jul 17, 2014.

1. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Whatever reason??? Decide to win fully. You do know you are talking about killing a lot of innocent people right?

If they are not happy they should just leave, that is your advice? I am sure people like Martin Luther King jr, Nelson Mandela, Ghandi should have just left since they were not happy. I am not saying that the Palestinians are like those three (although Mandela was beginning an armed violent revolution just before he got arrested, so if he wasn’t arrested he would be more similar to Palestinians using violence).

Reading through this thread it has become clear to me you are really invested in this, and that might cload your judgement.

2. arno_ed

I really wanted to stay out of this thread, It is just to polarizing. But I do want to ad my 2 cents.
    I think both governments are doing terrible things, neither side is good nor evil. The problem is the people are suffering as a result of this. And claiming that they elected this government so it is not bad that they are dying is just a terrible way to look at this. My government does a lot of things I disapprove of (since many times the party I voted for did not get into the government).
    One thing we cannot deny is that Israel is killing a lot more people and civilians than the Palestinians are killing. This is one of the reasons why I am a bit more upset with the Israeli government than with the Palestinian governments. Maybe it is because of superior weapons, but that does not change the fact that the death toll is not proportional.

I also believe the unconditional support Israel is getting from the US (and for some reason also the Netherlands) is not helping the conflict (I am not saying the US should not support Israel, but it is almost comical. What they are willing to let slide when Israel has done it).

I am not saying Israel should not defend them or should not look to find a solution to the problem, but these type of wars are not helping. They kill to many civilians, and it is not like after this war is over the Palestinians suddenly do like them. They have killed many innocent people which leads to breeding more radical angry people.

One party should stop the violence (missiles and bombing etc) and the provocations (like building houses on land that is not theirs). And I think the party that has killed the most people should be the one to start.

Unfortunately both governments have to many radicals in them, and there are to many people who have lost a loved one for this to happen. So I also do not know how to solve this.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's mostly because Hamas wants as many of its own people to be killed. They put people on roofs when they get a warning, instead of moving them away. The more of their own people die, the more they think it is good for their propaganda.

4. arno_ed

This is one thing I do not believe. Thinking this is the reason is just seeing the Palistinians as pure evil and Israel as good. I do not believe the narative were one side is evil and one side is good.

I do agree that if more innocent people die the world might one day notice and might ask questions to Israel, but I do not believe that the Palistinians want their woman and Children killed (maybe some do, because there are crazy people everywere, but most will not).

Was this: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...israeli-artillery-hits-u-n-run-school-in-gaza also Hamas trying to get their children killed?

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes, it absolutely was. And yes, Hamas absolutely wants Palestinian women and children killed, the more the better.

Hamas intentionally fired rockets from that school. Israel gave them a 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. window to evacuate the school. They did strike at 2:50 p.m.

That's what Hamas doesn't want you to know. Just because you are a good person and cannot imagine that Hamas is so cynical that it wants more women and children of their own killed, so they can make better propaganda doesn't mean it is not happening.

6. trustme

trustme Member

There is no basis for the whole "Hamas is putting children on top of buildings to get killed for propaganda" angle. I have asked the pro IDF baby killing supporters on here for proof but they have failed every time.

I even posted an article about a BBC journalist saying there is no evidence of Hamas even using Palestinians as human shields, which also was ignored.

7. trustme

trustme Member

Do you have proof for your lies?

And they had a 10 am to 2 pm window, but struck at 2:50 pm, which is outside of the window. How does that make sense? So first they take away 'places' to evacuate to, and now they are taking away their times to evacuate by bombing outside of their own set time frames? What a load of bull.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

They had a 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. window to evacuate. Then Israel waited another 50 minutes. Then the strike came. I realize this simple concept is intellectually difficult to grasp for you.

9. trustme

trustme Member

A simpler way to put this would have been to tell people to evacuate by 2 pm...

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I guess they gave them the notice around 10 a.m.

P.S.: It is still terrible that these children died or got hurt. Please don't get me wrong.

11. trustme

trustme Member

And with the rest of the area being bombed, where were they supposed to evacuate TO?

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GGlleHxVDZk?list=UUfmSignFWkk1lw4015hCyyQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#492 AroundTheWorld, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/79ZWoWRMgXs?list=UUfmSignFWkk1lw4015hCyyQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#493 AroundTheWorld, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NVRrYInp_JE?list=UUfmSignFWkk1lw4015hCyyQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. arno_ed

Trust me I am more cynical than I seem on this board, I just do not see many innocent people sacrifice their lives and the lives of their children because some government ask them to.

On top of that you are very aware of the propaganda that the Hamas is using (I do agree that there of course is a lot of propaganda), but you do not seem to believe that this 'Hamas is sacrificing their children for the greater good' might be a propaganda ploy of Israel. In this conflict many have already made up their mind who’s propaganda they are going to believe. And like I said I do not believe the narrative that one of the parties is pure evil or pure good, and only believing the propaganda of one party does lead to seeing one party as evil and one as good.

Again I am not saying it never happens, but I do not believe that most of the innocent deaths are a result of this.

I have seen your movie clips, but I believe there is a difference between what the idiots of Hamas are saying (also a lot of propaganda) and between what the civilians are doing.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2vHDyuSTneA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Yu54aSM6QOE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eOU6FYIs5d0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fcrWy3PT6zc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Rockets stored at UNRWA school in Gaza. These were discovered at two different UNRWA schools.

[​IMG]

19. trustme

trustme Member

Second video is clearly one from Syria. You can hear him say "Shaam" and "Bashar Assad"

Based off this I don't know how much credibility to give those other videos you have posted.

Please stop spreading lies.

20. trustme

trustme Member

This is from like 8 years ago....