1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Launches Ground Invasion of Gaza

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Jul 17, 2014.

1. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

They can all line up single file and march into the sea. It would have the same chance of defeating Israel, and no civilian deaths to boot.

2. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

You'll never get your wish stupid

You can kill one palestinian but you can't kill them all

3. trustme

trustme Member

lololololol. Look what you posted and compare it to what he posted. lollerzzzz.

4. trustme

trustme Member

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

How ridiculous. I saw Timothy Leary give a lecture back in the 1960's at a Houston university. Dr. Leary advocated taking LSD and other psychedelics. He suggested that everyone try it. "Turn on, tune in, drop out" was his mantra, a phrase suggested to him by Marshall McLuhan while the two were having lunch one day. Leary had a Ph.D. and was a professor at Berkeley, and later a lecturer at Harvard. Does that mean that what he believed in, and he did have a personal philosophy that he promoted, represented the thoughts and ideas of a majority of the citizens of the United States of America? Of course not.

Some of you are making yourselves look foolish by going to extremes. That's rarely a good tactic if you are trying to convince others of something. In my humble opinion.

6. Nook

Nook Member

I recently read about a huge "garbage island" forming in the Pacific that is expected to have it's own ecosystem and habitat. Maybe we can make it the new Israeli "promised land"?

7. Nook

Nook Member

You want to bet?

Israel and Palestine can both take a dirt bath.

8. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I totally understand your points and where you're coming from, but you really gotta chill with the insults. They not only weaken your arguments, but also reflect your character.

1 person likes this.
  9. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

I have a solution for this whole mess, give the land to Switzerland. Everyone loves the swiss.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This is very ignorant of me, but I am very ignorant on the history of the situation, but why exactly did the Jews choose to have a state in the middle of these Arab countries. I mean why couldn't they just go somewhere else instead for like safety reasons instead of being in the middle of a war zone for their history of existence.

11. LScolaDominates

Impotent was maybe the wrong word to use. I'm sorry that your reality is horrific and unimaginable to most of us. As a Jew, I'm just sick of people justifying the collateral damage you refer to in my name.

It's not my backyard, but it is my people.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't think the Swiss wants anywhere near that place

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They consider that area to be their ancient homeland because of the original Kingdom of Israel something like 13,000 years ago.

14. trustme

trustme Member

I didn't say every Israeli is like this. All I said was this ideology is spreading like wildfire (wow I sound a lot like ATW). Many examples can be found of Israeli citizens chanting death to arabs and of illegal Jewish settlers harassing and attacking Palestinians. I'm sure you are well aware of the Israelis gathering on a hilltop to watch and cheer bombs dropping in Gaza.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/20/israelis-cheer-gaza-bombing

Another example:

[​IMG]

I really don't remember Israeli's acting in such a manner, on such a wide scale, previously.

15. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

There have always been crazy bat**** zionists in Israel. Its just the new generation is now brainwashed by the time they hit their teens. I am pretty sure it is part of their school curriculum to hate the "Aravim"

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know about widescale but there has been a faction of Israelis that have felt this way for awhile. Just speaking from personal experience it also seems like many of the most extreme Israelis are not people who have grown up in Israel but either recent immigrants or people who hold dual citizenship.

17. Nook

Nook Member

ana sadiiquka

18. g1184

g1184 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-evIyrrjTTY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's a fairly accurate representation of the last 20,000 years or so in the region. Each one of those people would probably call themselves "natives" to the region which is funny.