1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Demolishing Islamic Cemetery to Build Museum

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by trustme, Aug 14, 2010.

1. trustme

trustme Member

Why are they provoking the Palestinians? Could they not find any other piece of land to build this Museum of Tolerance? I mean, they have so much free land that they've stolen from the Palestinians, they could just use that.

I wonder what "highest Muslim authorities" they are talking about. I highly doubt any Muslim authority would abandon an ancient cemetery especially one with big time Islamic scholars (if they knew the Prophet, they were pretty big).

By that logic, we could say that the Jews lost authority over the land they live in now because they had stopped using it centuries ago. They have no right over any of that land because they weren't living in it for an extended period of time and the Arabs could take over.

This is complete BS. Next thing you know they are going to start taking apart Masjid Al-Aqsa piece by piece.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/...aeli-construction-at-islamic-cemetery/?hpt=C2

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What would the Prophet PBUH do?

I think he'd say cemetaries don't mean anything and that no single drop of blood should be shed over dead humans.

3. trustme

trustme Member

You're kidding.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sounds like an insensitive thing to do. i hope the other side reacts more wisely.

5. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

If you were the UN, what would be your approach on this matter??

6. Apps

Apps Member

Why do I get an itty bitty feeling... that if it was the other side committing the provocations, the crap would be flinging right now?

I'm almost positive it would be dubbed a more strong term... stronger than "insensitive"!

1 person likes this.
  7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The biggest waste of land in the world, cemeteries and golf courses.

-Al Czervik-

1 person likes this.
  8. Landlord Landry

not sure who Al Czervik is but he is already one of my favorite humans ever.

I worked in a cemetery/funeral home during high school. It is a waste of land and money. I hate to be the one to break it to everyone but it doesn't matter how much you spend. the end result is the same.

and I hate golf. Al Czervik for president.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Because you are stupid?

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

Aren't cemeteries holy ground?

11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Rodney Dangerfield's character from Caddyshack.

12. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

So you'd be cool with tearing up Arlington National Cemetery?

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This seems so uneccessary......back and forth back and forth....isn't some famous mosque built on top of the Temple of Solomon?

DD

14. Steve_Francis_rules

Because he knows your history on here?

1 person likes this.
  15. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Yeah, whoever uses the bolded part as a basis to justify this is pretty dumb (if the bolded part is true)

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So it's ok to dig up Muslim Holy Sites because they don't count and it's just a dumb grave which is a waste of space worst than a golf course.

But if Muslims want to build a mosque anywhere near the graves of the 9/11 victims well than that's crossing the line!

Curse them Muslims and their terrorist religion right? It's ok to uproot their holy land, so long as "they" don't bring it here.

I guess the 60's changed the laws a bit, but really didn't change people's minds all that much.

17. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The Dome of the Rock is built on the site where the temple once stood. All that remains is the western wall (sometimes called the wailing wall). So yes, the bold part is true. The fact that it was built there has cause a lot of trouble in the last decade or so whenever someone like Netanyahu goes to the temple mount. Given their experiences with that, the Israelis should know better than to cause the same kind of problems. Of course, this will be on a much smaller scale and it is unlikely that Palestinian leaders will be visiting the Museum of Tolerance or that it would be a big deal if they did.

18. trustme

trustme Member

The Dome of the Rock AND Masjid Al-Aqsa built on it.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Certainly, no dead body is more important than another. This is why we don't have coffins or distinct markers on Muslim graves.

So, that being the case, if everyone is the same, pretty soon all cemetaries will have to be demolished. There is limited space on earth.

If not, then we will run out of space.

What do we do?

Obviously, there needs to be a period where family can visit. But why it's important to have the Sahaba's graves around is beyond me. Their immediate family are not alive, so at this point visiting those graves is trading the fine line of idol worship.

1 person likes this.
  20. Landlord Landry

would it make the soldiers any less dead?

the end result is still the same.

nice attempt at putting words in my mouth.