1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isola: James Harden doesn’t get love because of strip clubs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Wylo

Wylo Member

Just amazing the kind of obscure excuses that people will come up with to explain Harden's relatively low popularity. It happens a lot on this board too; some folks actually think Harden gets no love because he left Nike for Adidas. I mean, what?

It's obviously due to Harden's style of play. Do casual NBA fans give two chits about Harden's personal life? 99% of the people aren't even aware of that stuff.

This is pretty much it.

#61 Wylo, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

hook line and sinker

LOL so you just f*in admitted that you're the absolute never harden hater everyone thought you were

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Not saying that. Your question before was why Kobe got a pass for sucking and whining. I was there at the time. Fans chose Kobe over Shaq to the point where they had no choice but to idolize the rapist for everything.

I'm saying is that LA fans are fickle. If Harden was on the Clippers and did the same things he did here, he'd be loved by Clipper fans but would always be on page 2 until he won something.

He'd get more sportscenter love, for sure, but the spineless media won't commit until they have something real to work with.

slothy420 likes this.
  4. macan

macan Member

the medias are just jealous about Harden's 5 girls rotation every night..

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Most of the media especially the sports media are complete degenerate, sexual assaulting creeps so I don't think this could possibly be true.

Harden drops serious cash to put single mothers through nursing school. He doesn't (to my knowledge) grope interns.

slothy420 and pippendagimp like this.
  6. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

They just jealous because he doesn't invite them to the clubs.

7. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

And if he does, they like it.

8. Game7

Game7 Member

Racist? Reread the OP. I don't think you read that correctly. Isola is taking Harden's side...saying that Harden doesn't get the respect he deserves because people hold his lifestyle chocies against him. At least that's what I got.

Regardless, these days people will judge others based on character more than ever because everything you do is being photographed/filmed/tweeted about/examined/reexamined. It might not be fair sometimes, and trust me when i say i think its pretty lame.

People don't like to talk about MJs horrific lifestyle choices...gambling, extra marital affairs, drinking, etc. mostly because it wasn't caught on film, TMZ wasn't around to report on it, and it would take away from the legend everybody loves to prop up. Oh well. Dude sells a lot of shoes.

kjayp likes this.
  9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Many reasons why he doesn't get much love from media not because of only going to strip clubs but many other reasons.

1- he is in the top 3 every year for drawing fouls and going to the ft line which is considered by many idiots in the media as an easy way to get more points which is a complete bigotry because that alone requires a set of skills not to mention the toll your body will take due to the consistent contacts with the opposing players.

2- he is product of a system, Mike's system, which is also a complete bs because he has been doing it since milkhair's days

3-not flashy, not athletic, he isn't LeBron or kobe or kd, he isn't going to go above his defender and score which is another indication of how great he is, the dude worked hard on his game and polished his offensive skills to be a top 3 player in the league, not to mention despite his athletic limitation he has been averaging 27 ppg+ for the past 3 years.

Therefore, **** the media and what they think

10. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Incredibly underrated comment.

Fantasma Negro and Game7 like this.
  11. YallMean

YallMean Member

doubt the media gives a rat azz that a pro athlete goes to a strip club. Among other stuff many pros have been caught doing, this is very minimal and borderline unacceptable (not really). The real reason Harden doesn't get the love yet is he is yet to put-up a "shut-up" performance like what Kobe had been doing consistently after the Colorado incident.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:D This makes me happy for some reason.

H-TOWN!!!

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You are right and Jordan covered that by winning. Harden in the other hand I don't trust him in the playoffs.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His reply doesn't make sense. At one point he's saying the media gives Harden less love because of strip club visits. Yet, at the same time he indicates they don't hold strip club visits against other players.

So to me, it sounds like they are just using strip club visits as an excuse to diss Harden, but surely there must be some other reason.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

To be fair this board has **** on him far before the media, the whole harden plays no defense video came from here. To be honest he better not have anymore 0-12 nights as a team I don't think we can handle many of those and if he has one of those on an elimination game we better pray for Lebron to come or Leonard because that will make all the media bias justified. He's gonna get MVP thats the biggest honor you can get from the media, they are starting to like him now he just has to close the deal. To be totally objectivet we don't have to beat GSW for them to go back on what they say about him, he just needs to play like himself. If he plays his game and we lose anyway I would be ok with that but I really don't wanna see anymore no show nights from our stars.

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Thats a good list... but I think if you added strip clubs to the whole 'skanks' category, you're in the top 5... he's cleaned up a lot (or at least become more discreet) this year... few years back he was showing up on TMZ, pictures on some skanks instagram or whatever, videos of big booties bouncing in his face... couple all that with the strip clubs.. and James seemed.. idk... seedy...
    Add the 'dark ages' of Chloe... I'd figure the K's to be skank royalty or something - lol...
    That's what I argued when people were b****in that he got screwed when Curry won MVP... Comparing the 2 from a PR standpoint - it wasn't close (pretty boy with wife n cute kids - or homeless beard stripper du jour Harden)... and the NBA is a business...

thats not even going into the Little Mo thing... more shenanigans at a strip club... and even if it was all totally bogus, its difficult to come off as an angel - when anything happens... at a strip club. lol

17. vlaurelio

thing is if harden was on the clippers with Blake and DJ etc they most like won at least already

an LA city won't waste Harden's prime by putting Ryno and Ego beside him as their 2nd and 3rd highest paid players

and if they did, the fans will crucify the orgs and not harden

LA or NY would at least put another legit 25M and 20M players next to harden

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Ego is the type of player fans and the team were looking for. I've given Ryno flack (who hasn't?) but I can't crucify that offseason either.

Houston was always a mid-tier destination. I agree that Harden would be more popular while playing in those cities, but I still think those cities expect winners. I don't know if he'd win ships already or not, so I can't judge it that way.

I think we're crazy lucky to have this guy in his prime and he's def the reason Houston's now a top-flight destination for free agents.

vlaurelio likes this.
  19. vlaurelio

yup we can agree with that

all I'm saying the reason why the rockets haven't won anything since Harden has been here is not Harden

so really can't blame him on that

no other superstar would have realistically gotten us closer to a ring in all his years here

Invisible Fan likes this.
  20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Harden is also a weird guy even though he is always super professional when answering questions. He should be a complete dick like Westbrook, majority of the media members seem to love getting cussed out by the people they interviews.