1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isn’t the news about why Harden and CP3 blew up at each other a little concerning?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by igotwhipscollectingdust, Jul 13, 2019.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Level us up main

2. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You just named 3 scrubs

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  3. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Where in my post or past posts did I claim that it was ONLY Harden's fault that we fell short this season/post-season?

I am perfectly willing to admit that Chris losing a step this year contributed to the Rockets failing to meet expectations. What I won't do, however is ignore that despite Harden's spectacular season, he seemed unwilling to make a few changes that may have been beneficial to the team as a whole, and led to a different outcome. I can understand how receiving orders/instructions from an underperforming Chris Paul would make him hesitant/stubborn/irritable, but I don't think Chris' ask was difficult (if OP's statement was true)- let's try ball movement and see where that gets us.

harold bingo and DreamShook like this.
  4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

IF the rumors are true, (big IF) I'm concern only because of the fact that its only been 2 seasons together and for them to have such a falling out is distressing... weren't Harden and CP3 like buddy buddy just a season ago?

Weren't there so many stories/videos of the two of them recruiting one another, training together, hanging out, balling, etc etc. Its only been 2 season. Now CP3 wanted out? Harden couldn't stand him? Wanted him traded? Maybe its nothing, just false rumors, but if true, damn... what the hell happen?

RocketRed4life and DreamShook like this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You are so fixated on me, you need a hug, get in here big guy...

DD

6. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Yeah it got us winning games again in the regular season, and landed us in the top 4, which I am totally happy and grateful for. But it didn't work so well in the playoffs. We got past a great defensive team in Utah mostly because they didn't have half the offensive power we did.

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

I mean, if all this is really true, then James and Chris hid their dissatisfaction with one another so SO well. In that same Warriors series where things supposedly fell apart with their friendship/relationship, I remember them getting on the podium after either game 3 or game 4 and joking about Harden's damaged eye. Things must have fallen apart quick after games 5 and 6.

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Mchale has screwed up EVERY job he's ever had in the NBA outside of playing. He's a good ole boy who'll always land on his feet in the NBA no matter how bad he's screwed up the last job. CP3 was declining dunno how you can't see that. CP3 needed to stay on the floor and earn his money. He's either hurt or the team had to constantly do things to make sure he doesn't get hurt. Westbrook is a chance they had to take. The Warriors was the only thing that kept the Rockets out of the Finals the last two years. The Warriors have represented the Western Conference in the Finals for the last 5 years in row. What's every other star in the West's excuse for not leading their team past the Warriors?

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Neither one of those guys played like an all star last year.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Theyre just loud but not alot. Around 15% here who think rockets are better off without harden. Most of them are lofs coupled with some dwiva and cp3 fans

Some might even be gsw fanboys dreaming to have gsw offense with only 1 superstar. For them harden is like kd holding back cp3 ego and ph from being steph klay and dray

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Harden may have his faults, but you fkers are delusional if you think that Harden is a diva and a ball hogger. This man is the tank and rock that kept us in contention for years. I am sick and tired of seeing fking role players that can't shoot with wide open shots and aging ass sidekicks. If Harden has to carry a sht team, don't hate the man for it. Fking stupid that efficient heroball bugs posters on here, I support whatever playstyle that generates the most success.

Posters on here that want teamplay with players that can't shoot then proceeds to btch that we bricks too many shots.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I hope and pray that CFers don't have to debate whose fault it is, Harden's or Westbrook's. There will be a war here if the Rockets don't play at least on the same level as last season.

YOLO, BeBreezy, subtomic and 2 others like this.
  13. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Lol at that your stupid post. Your whining about Harden so you make things up to complain about.

D-rock, SF3isBack!! and vlaurelio like this.
  14. Remlap

Remlap Member

I believe that this will be a different dynamic.
    Harden is 'good friends' with Westbrook and when the CP relationship soured, James pushed for this pairing (knowing WB wanted out of OKC).

On top of that, James was 6th man in OKC with Russ running the show. So James was sort of the Robin to WB's Batman.
    I may not like WB, but what I DO know is that he is a fiery competitor and he is going to be able to elevate/motivate James
    and do it in a way that won't create the friction that happened between James and CP.
    I think James learned from Russ when he came into the NBA and I believe he will be willing to listen to WB if Russ
    says 'let's pick up the pace' or 'space the floor'.

Just my take. But they worked well in OKC and are still buds. This could work well for both players.
    Hopefully WB is in the gym right now honing his 3pt shot

D-rock likes this.
  15. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

No, we're blaming CP3 for his shortcomings. I doubt anyone's cares that you no longer respect James Harden.

SF3isBack!! and Air Canada like this.
  16. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

You called it mental gymnastics, but look at your rationale here... His new supposed instructions isn't what would have led to a different outcome... What would have led to a different outcome is CP3 not underperforming... Point blank that's a fact... You're using mental gymnastics

D-rock and SF3isBack!! like this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean...if the drop off happens, it’ll very likely be because of Westbrook. He’s the variable. He’s not going to change his game.

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Isn’t it concerning that other members of the team laughed when CP made fun of Harden’s man boobs?

D-rock and BeBreezy like this.
  19. tc0330

tc0330 Member

harden gets us to the playoffs every single year. cp's ***** ass never did that. i dont ever want harden to leave

D-rock and SF3isBack!! like this.
  20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Howard and cp3 are 2 alpha all star type good players. At times harden didnt handle dealing with those 2 co workers very well.
    It is a fair knock on harden.

This move hopefully makes sense since they are buddies..

Our franchise hinges on it.
    Slighty scary but im down