1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Islamophobia in Pictures

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Nov 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Yes it's a very 'Pro-White / Stormfront' depiction. Ironically most Europeans had yet to convert to Christianity until well after the founding of Islam (560 A.D.) Islam and Christianity were tight neck and neck for centuries prior to the Crusades.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

If I lived in Western Europe, I would be afraid of Islam too.

I would be a little more tactful in conveying my message about it, though.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

On the flip side, imagine how the Christian or Jewish minority population would be treated if a terrorists killed 3000 or 150 Muslim civilians in a single attack explicitly in the name of Jesus or Yahweh in a Muslim majority nation.

Honestly, in general, the West is handling it better than most other regions would handle a minority group that consistently is attacking their civilians on purpose. You are going to have to acknowledge that cold hard fact Sweet Lou.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Palestinians seem to think they do so routinely and they are rewarded for it.

Minority group routinely attacking civilians?
    I think a certain group of 'civil servants' fit this description

Rocket River

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Talk about invoking non-sequiturs.

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Ndjjcj

9,300,000/1 dying in a terrorist attack

5,000,000/1 scalded by hot water

4,400,000/1 left-handed people killed using a right-handed products

3,500,000/1 dying of a snake bite

3,000,000/1 dying from food poisoning

2,300,000/1 dying from falling off a ladder

2,000,000/1 dying after falling out of bed

685,000/1 drowning in the bath

500,000/1 being killed in a train crash

43,500/1 being killed in an accident at work

8,000/1 killed in a road accident

5/1 dying from cancer

2.5/1 dying from a heart attack or stroke

Getting shot by a cop is quite up there too.

People are so easy to get all riled up, this type of reaction is predictable given the coverage. The attack was devastating and barbaric, but keep things in perspective, obviously something must be done to combat it, but to be scared of Muslims in general, wow you are weak minded.

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

These are accidents. How in the hell is being blown up by a suicide bomber an accident?

10. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Wow really, this needs explaining? Its about keeping things in perspective, the terrorist attack was barbaric and ruthless and should not happen and steps should be taken to ensure this event does not take place again. However.....for anyone to be scared of a group of people because they might do something like this is nonsensical, due to the unlikelihood that you will be affected.

11. Classic

Classic Member

LOL, apologist gonna apologist

unfortunately, the word affected related to the topic is much broader than what you seem to be implying: death

12. Cohete Rojo

We have rules and regulations regarding roadways, food, wildlife, etc to ensure accidents are kept to a minimum.

You are apologizing for peoples' intending actions of causing harm, destruction, and death to others when you point out that safety rules and regulations are not perfect.

Also, why do you keep saying attack? ISIS has been responsible for 1,000 deaths outside of Syria and Iraq. Where do you get attack (singular) from?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=270507\

EDIT: Please answer my question "how is being blown up by a suicide bomber an accident"?

13. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

We also have rules and regulations regarding terrorist attacks: i.e a warrantless survaillance program that sometimes spies on Muslim political targets, a strict border/airport security regime, a drone program, targeted air strikes, deradicalization initiatives, funding of armed groups, special forces advisors, special forces kill/capture teams, and if some have their way, mass ground forces/denial of refugees/special survaillance of mosques/Muslims etc.

I wonder what it'd be like to have that same "go-get-em" attitude applied to homicide by gun, a violent, purposeful action you are much more likely to die from than what is strictly defined as terrorism these days in America.

14. Cohete Rojo

I don't give sympathy to murderers.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I purposefully said "Islam" and not "Muslims". Being afraid of an idea is different than being afraid of people. For example, I'm afraid of Christianity in the USA, as it has a very powerful negative impact on society, but Joe Blow Christian I am not worried about in the least.

Now, that being said, Muslims in some countries can be pretty damned frightening. Just like Christians in Idaho or deep East Texas, perhaps.

[​IMG]

16. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

How you see an apologist perspective is beyond me, just pointing out the obvious to an irrational comment. "Ignorant gonna ignorant....LOL"

17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Islamophobia is word created to censor anyone who is critical of a cult like religion. It has no meaning.

1 person likes this.
  18. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Good, what airstrikes and constitutional violations do you want to sanction to stop homicides by gun?

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Thank you.

20. Cohete Rojo

We don't need air strikes buddy - the police here don't get ambushed on the way to a call.