1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Islamists murder 13 children football fans for watching a football match

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 20, 2015.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

1) That's "more people"?
    2) jihadwatch

2. Remii

Remii Member

As into this situation as you seem to be and creating thread after thread. Interesting that you would disregard any number. But that amount of women converting surprises me.

Anyway, do you know how you keep an army alive... With women because they can give birth to more soldiers.

---“My daughter was always looking for a group to belong to, and she found that in Syria. It doesn’t matter where the girls come from,”*said Vanessa's mother, “because they are all there for the same purpose.”*
    Read more:*http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/ori...-women-join-jihad-motives.html##ixzz3PWMoquey

3. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Kid from Ohio and the girl from your link were both Muslim converts.

4. Remii

Remii Member

I said no Muslim background. Being a convert for 5 minutes doesn't mean they have a Muslim background... As in growing up and being raised with family members of that faith.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Islam is sickening and deplorable.

You got to be the lowwest form of human being to be a muslim and practice islam.

6. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Thanks for your contribution:rolleyes:

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

ummm... no

8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Do you know what tends to happens when a large group of people with this type of mindset get together?

9. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Modern Crusades?

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Calm down Hitler.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

An idiotic post, with all due respect, which doesn't help anything.

A huge part of the problem with ISIS is that Turkey either doesn't have the means to control its borders with Syria and Iraq (they have an enormous military - look it up), or the current government of Turkey simply doesn't have enough interest in controlling their borders to make the required effort. While if Turkey did make an all out effort to prevent people, oil, and arms from going into Turkey from Syria and Iraq to the greater world beyond, and made an equal effort to prevent ISIS converts from crossing their borders to enter Syria and Iraq, we would still see a certain amount of cross-border traffic anyway, in my opinion, a serious Turkish effort could make a big difference. I don't see a serious Turkish effort being made.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Turkey actually supports ISIS, and has done so from the beginning. It's as simple as that.

http://www.newsweek.com/isis-and-tu...rds-former-isis-member-reveals-turkish-282920

#72 AroundTheWorld, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  13. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Weeeeeee! All the way to ignore you go!

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Sorry, I disagree. While I think you don't really mean to offend all Muslims with that and just threw that out there, I think you are painting with way too broad a brush here.

You have to differentiate between the ideology and the people, and between political Islam and the spiritual aspects of Islam.

First, I agree that there are aspects of Islam that are simply unacceptable. They go against basic human rights and cannot be excused with "freedom of religion". I list some of the most egregious parts of it: Death penalty for apostasy, death penalty for homosexuality, cruel and inhumane punishments under sharia law, severe discrimination of women, severe discrimination against people of other religious beliefs (in many, if not all, predominantly Muslim countries).

However, there are many people who were born into Islam and a) have no choice to leave it (as this may be punished by death or at least severely stigmatized) or b) choose to ignore the unacceptable parts of it and just focus on the spiritual parts of it. I would call these people secular Muslims, maybe you could call them moderate Muslims. (Someone who believes in death penalty for apostasy and death penalty for apostasy and who supports the de facto discrimination of women under Islam is not "moderate".)

I have no problem with people hanging on to the spiritual aspects of a religion, as long as they are tolerant of others and do not try to impose their own beliefs and values on others who are not even followers of their religion (like demanding of others that they follow an "internal" alleged rule of their religion not to depict their "prophet" when these others aren't even bound to their rules as they are not followers). What I do have a problem with is political Islam: Trying to impose their rules on others. And I have a problem with them practicing things that go against basic human rights, as described above.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's difficult to believe that, ATW. Why would it be in their interest to do so? While I agree with much of what you've said in the past about the current Turkish government and its Islamic proclivities, which goes against the secular nature of the Turkish state, agreeing with you that now President Erdoğan is working hard to nudge Turkey into being an Islamic state, not a secular one, how does supporting ISIS benefit Erdoğan's regime? I've been viewing it more as a way to hammer their old enemies, the Kurds, but the blowback from them doing that has proved to be enormous, if that is in fact what they are doing. Turkish foreign policy simply doesn't make sense. Would Erdoğan and his cronies truly want to support an ISIS that wouldn't hesitate to do to Turkey what it has been busy doing to Syria and Iraq? I don't get it. What's the motivation? And if their current policies regarding their border control, or lack of border control, are aimed at the Kurds, how could they be that short-sighted?

As an aside, have you seen this? It's an eye opener for those who see the current Turkish government not being a problem, now and or in the future:

Former Miss Turkey 'questioned by police' over poem criticising President Erdogan

[​IMG]

Merve Büyüksaraç reportedly shared a satirical poem on social media

A former Miss Turkey winner was reportedly questioned by police after posting a satirical poem on social media mocking the Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

Merve Büyüksaraç, an industrial designer and model, shared a satirical poem on her Instagram account before taking the post down, Hurriyet Daily News (HDN) reports.

The alleged poem was 'The Master’s Poem,' which reportedly criticises President Erdogan and adapts the country’s national anthem in its verses.

“I shared it because I found it funny. I had no intention to insult then-President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan,” she was quoted as saying.

Ms Büyüksaraç later went on social media to inform followers she had not been arrested, but had been called to answer questions over the post after complaints.

President Erdogan has in the past introduced measures to control internet freedom and faced protests across Turkey last year when he attempted to block access to Twitter and YouTube after users spread allegation of corruption ahead of elections.

In October, he defended his government’s efforts to control online speech, where he told a press freedom conference: “I am increasingly against the Internet every day.”

The country's leaders also criticised various media outlets for “polarising and distorting coverage of recent events” such as the Gezi Park anti-government rallies.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...m-criticising-president-erdogan-9996009.html#

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's because Erdogan is a fanatical Sunni Islamist ideologue, and because he thinks it helps him increase his power. He hates Assad (who is an Alawite) and he hates the Kurds. ISIS are Sunni Muslims, like he is. They are the enemy of his enemies. He is closer to them than he is to Assad and the Kurds.

There are plenty of articles out there which document how Turkey helps ISIS.

http://www.thetower.org/1493-erdogan-trying-to-hide-evidence-of-involvement-in-supporting-terrorism/

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/ori...-action-iraq-nato-mosul-isis-sunni-kurds.html

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/19/turkey-will-not-cooperate-us-support-kurds-erdogan

Trust me - Erdogan and ISIS are ideologically close to each other.

17. Remii

Remii Member

Turkey lost their territories like Palestinian during the first world war... And we know what happened to Palestinian after WWI and WWII and beyond. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the powers that be are behind closed doors cheering ISIS on. Revenge is a dish best served cold and they didn't even have to cook.

That sounds like a good idea though. Maybe some pressure could be applied on them to get them to do it.

18. Buck Turgidson

Grow some ****ing balls and just come out and say what you think. Stop hiding.

You've hinted at a race war in America because of the "extermination" of young black men by white police, "it's a matter of time" is the phrase I remember you using.

You talk about the dirty Jews all the time, but you don't really bring anything substantive to the table.

Say what you mean, mean what you say.

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Crushing blows.

20. Shanxter

Shanxter Member

Pleeeeaseeeeee , these people have nothing to do with Islam , they are just using the name and basically coming up with their own set of laws. If you only knew some of the other laws, it is downright laughable. These people are crazy and radical to an infinite extent. Killing people for watching football, pfft , show where it says that in Islam or any other religion of that matter