1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Islamic USF player: Dispute over uniform led to dismissal

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AMS, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I know you continue to just mock the religion, and god, but I will answer for anyone who really wants to know. It is one of Mohammads Miracles that even though he was illiterate, he memorized so much information about science and other stuff an orphan who had no education wouldn't know about..... You know like Moses split the river, Noah built the arc, Jesus cured the sick(?? im not sure if thats his).

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

just put him on the ignore list, atleast for the duration of this thraed, makes the personal insults come a little less at a time. Plus clearly he is just mocking the religion. i too enjoy debating, and learning other point of views, but he cant accept the fact that it is just that A POINT OF VIEW. He thinks everybody should think like him or else they are wrong. Now you tell me which ones hypocryticial.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I will definitely reply to this thread again with my wife. I just haven't had time to go do some research yet.

4. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

no hurry man, take your time....

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

All these four miracles have about the same probability of having actually happened in my book (maybe with the exception of Jesus curing some sick people). Sorry to anyone who I have offended with that statement.

So, what does adeelsiddiqui's signature mean?

Since he and everyone else who can read Arabic seems to avoid answering that question...does it say "Death to all infidels" or something? :p

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No, I am actually interested in Sane's understanding of

a) what he thinks "Jihad" means to him
    b) what order to act upon his understanding of "Jihad" he reads out of the Koran.

7. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

You can remove the definitive article before religion.

Wow, that is a miracle. It strains the bounds of credibility, even.

This makes no sense. What do Moses, Noah, or Jesus have to do with anything? As SJC said, their stories are all just as unlikely.

You seem to be asking me to defend something I don't believe in the first place.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No, not a guy or gal like you or me. And it's not "stuff" anymore than the "stuff" you believe in. It's what some people believe. And a deep pool, quite lovely to contemplate, in my opinion.

9. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

BK,

Im not trying to convert you from your athiest ways. Im trying to give the same explanation for prophets that other religions have given. If you dont believe in it, More power to you. But I dont see you sitting here and mocking how there could never be a virgin mom, or how there couldn't be a guy who cures dead and sick ppl just by touching em. it clearly is showing that you are singling out one religion, and this isnt a rare case, its a repetitive process.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

How can you be so sure he hasn't mocked these things in the past?

Plus, I don't really see any people start lecturing others here about whether there was a virgin mom or not.

You two are the people who take everything from the Koran totally literally.

And I can't fault anyone for mocking that, sorry...

11. BrianKagy

What makes you think I'm an atheist?

12. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

most of your posts...

but if your not then I apologize for basing judgment. Obviously you dont belive in any of the major monothiestec religions, what do you believe in Brian.

13. BrianKagy

I believe you are getting off-topic.

14. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Its perfectly fair, You know what I believe in, you have leverage over me, Its only fair that I too know what your belief is, Plus this way we both learn more, I get to learn about you and others way of thinking.

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Just because you seem to be intent on imposing your belief on others doesn't mean you need to try to make others do the same.

16. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Many find the stories found in the Bible to be metaphorical (like me). They are myths used to send a message and are not to be taken literally.

I find when you understand them as so, the message becomes clear and truth apparent.

"My friend Heinrich Zimmer of years ago used to say, "The best things can't be told," because they transcend thought. "The second best are misunderstood," because those are the thoughts that are supposed to refer to that which can't be thought about, and one gets stuck in the thoughts. "The third best are what we talk about." And myth is that field of reference, metaphors referring to what is absolutely transcendent."
    ~Joseph Campbell

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No, not true. That's his choice. You are ardent in defending your religion, and obviously enjoy doing that. You make no bones about what that religion is.

Some people have an interest in it , for one reason or another, but choose to keep their faith to themselves. And I perfectly understand that. Quite simple, really.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

JSC, that's not at all what he said.

19. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I see where you are coming from, I guess thats quite arright if you decide to keep your religion from being revealed. But its kinda hard to try and answers that people ask without knowing where they are coming from.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

But what he has been doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.