1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Islamic doctrine of "Hijra" - immigration as a weapon for islamic expansionism?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I think it is one of Joni Mitchell's stronger albums.

1 person likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Also just to follow on this I spent some more time in Indonesia on this last trip this time in the city of Medan (North Sumatra) on Sumatra and around parts of rural Sumatra. As I previously noted I didn't witness any radicalism and even in Medan there were several churches along with a Chinese temple in the center of the city almost as large as the main mosque. I stayed a block away from the main mosque and their were several bars right across the street from the main mosque where Indonesians and foreigners could drink openly without fear of assault or criticism. About the only sign of potential problems was at the Marriott they did do security checks on cars parking in the garage.

While in Sumatra I talked to a Swiss women in her 20's who had just come from Banda Aceh, where they actually have Sharia law. She said that it was one of the nicest places she had been to and that Sharia isn't imposed on non-Muslims. Aceh is the only area of Indonesia that has Sharia and even there it is somewhat controversial.

Again I will emphasize this doesn't mean there aren't radical and violent Muslims in Indonesia but the vast vast vast majority of them are not and the reality is overwhelmingly of religious tolerance.

3. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I hope you realize that the first Muslim Hijra wasn't from Makkah to Madinah, rather it was a group of Muslims to Abyssinia, (Kingdom of Axum)

They didn't take over, or Trojan horse that society.

In fact they lived amongst the Christian society, under the Christian laws (peacefully) for a few years.

4. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

5. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Western European Nations colonized the Islamic world for hundreds of years.

Ironic that now the Euro's are complaining that they're coming into their countries.

What a joke. German's have always been very against foreigners. Their strict Unions labor laws and fear of Inflation has made their unemployment rates unusually high for a country as productive as Germany.

Unless you're true German, even over qualified people won't get many jobs and they fear the foreigners when in reality they should fear their abhorrant policies about hiring and firing and strong trade Unions.

But thankfully as Germany has showed us before, there are solutions.

6. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

If everyone just ignores him, will he go away? We should try.

1 person likes this.
  7. trustme

trustme Member

Go 2 sleep.

8. NMS is the Best

Sorry ATW, but that article is full of ----. I'm not sure how anyone takes you seriously...

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I do not fear Islamic Expansion

ism

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's true! It's true! But it's not just Muslims that do it. Look around at all the Chinese, Indian, Hispanics, Jews, etc. They are changing America!!! Lets take America back!

11. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

All your base are belong to us :p

12. showtang043

showtang043 Member

here is verse from the bible, calling for stoning till death of all nonbelievers in Christianity
    Deuteronomy 17
    17:2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant,
    17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;
    17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel:
    17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
    17:6 At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.
    17:7 The hands of the witnesses shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So thou shalt put the evil away from among you.

You want to find passages, crazies, issues with anyone to try to paint a broad stroke, you can for any religion, for any color, for rich, for poor, for certain occupations, all it is is just ignorance and cultural/religious illiteracy on your part as what history as shown as a very dangerous mindset of dehumanizing people, not looking at any of the above categories as individuals but just dehumanizing into certain stereotypes, kkk does it, nazis do it, racist do it, the terrorist did it to americans(they werent trying to kill christians, more than 5 dozens of people in that building were muslims, they didnt care about religion, they just wanted to kll and make a political and social point) and this is exactly what you are doing in mindset too, its a ashame at the ignorance level

1 person likes this.
  13. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Speaking of the Bible, here's a nice passage telling women they should STFU:

Apparently, wearing men's clothes is also an "abomination" in Deuteronomy 22:5!

What an oppressive religion! Stoning nonbelievers, forcing women to be silent and wear only women's clothes...

#33 Depressio, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  14. Major

Major Member

Generally, when one particular messenger is constantly getting attacked by a wide variety of people, there's a good reason for that. You created your bed - now you get to deal with it. No one here is going to take you seriously on this topic because you've demonstrated that you don't deserve it. It's no different than basso or Trader Jorge or bigtexxx. Consistently post lots of hate and stupidity, and you'll be treated someone filled with hate and stupidity.

1 person likes this.
  15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I notice in these religious discussions, nobody mentions the differences between what parts of their holy books the religions follow.

Most christian sects take their rules for living from the New Testament rather than the stuff from the Old.(which is where most of those things yall posted come from)

inversely, the Jewish religion doesnt follow the New Testament

and from what I can tell, Islam follows all of what is written in the Quran.

Dont think I am defending one religion versus the others as I am basically non-religious, but just felt like mentioning this.

Disclaimer: the only part of what I said I know for sure is the CHristian part as I was raised Baptist, Im open to corrections from folks who follow the other two.

16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is kind of vague in practice. For instance, when conservative religious leaders want to denounce homosexuals, the absolutism of the Old Testament becomes very important. When they want to be forgiven for their own homosexual indiscretions, the New Testament and its much more liberal rules regarding forgiveness are more important.

1 person likes this.
  17. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ottomaton again.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

And most Christian denominations heavily rely on "original sin". Without it, the NT carries a different impact.

19. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

You can thank Augustine.

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

wait, so the common denominator here is the act of hatred, intolerance, bigotry, and most prevalent, Ignorance?

not the OP as victimized messenger?