1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Islamic cleric bans women from touching bananas, cucumbers for sexual resemblance

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

http://bikyamasr.com/50403/islamic-...ing-bananas-cucumbers-for-sexual-resemblance/

[​IMG]

Said this muslim woman, who wished to remain anonymous..."I don't care what any crazy cleric has to say. I will continue to date Mr. Pickle. I love him He doesn't beat me, doesn't smell of camel piss, doesn't go online to apologize for Islamist actions, is clean shaven, and doesn't leave any sticky residue in my hair".

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Lol I read the thread title and assumed it was some Muslim cleric who actually had some say in a Islamic state. No its just some random crazy that no one will listing to.

3. Classic

Classic Member

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Does this story even deserves its own thread with 10 other thread on the first page of the d and d dedicated on Islam civil rights? Besides this one is stupid. 99.9 percent of Muslims would think this guy is crazy. I could make stupid threads about random churches protesting military funerals but I know 99.9 percent of Christians think they are crazy.

5. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Maybe HE constantly thinks about the male sexual organ every time he's in a supermarket?

6. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I agree with the above sentiments.......this thread is as stupid as they come. It just seems like the cool thing to do these days is bash Islam at all costs. I wish some of you were a bit more mature.....

7. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

On the contrary, this is the only thread regarding Islam that can bring a smile to your face.

And for that, you're welcome.

8. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

http://bikyamasr.com/50613/editorial-on-bikyamasr-coms-coverage-of-the-cucumber-sheikh/

Looking back, it was my own editorial oversight that failed in allowing this story to be published. Editorially, it was my duty to not publish this story before we could gather independent verification about the details behind the original Arabic article from Assawsana.com, the article that we referenced in writing our piece. Furthermore, I originally and mistakenly quoted Assawsana.com as “El-Senousa.com,” only furthering the confusion and mistakes involved in this report.

As Editor of Bikyamasr.com, I am disappointed that I did not catch and hold this piece. The “Islamic cleric bans women from touching cucumbers, bananas for sexual resemblance,” article should not have run when it did. Arguably, it should not have been run at all. We should not have published about an “unnamed sheikh” in an unnamed European country unless we were able to garner more information on the issue, both on the sheikh himself and the news website the information was gathered from, independently.

We realize that as a growing news organization with a growing reputation and readership, we have an increased responsibility to not only verify our own material at the highest levels, but further investigate the quotes and articles of other news organizations before referencing their work.

This is our error. We apologize for the poor judgment on the matter. It is inexcusable. While the exact quote reported by Assawsana.com may well have been exactly what it was reported to be by that website, without a name and location behind this person and comment, it is difficult to find the information credible.

We recognize our pitfalls and their repercussions. The fact that this story was quoted by a large number of news organizations across the globe shows that our error in judgment can have serious, detrimental effects. For this, we would like to apologize to our readers for the inadequate editorial judgment I, as Editor and Founder, made in this instance.

This said, we will learn from our mistakes, as larger and more established news organizations have learned and continue to learn from theirs. Journalism has a steep learning curve, and as a news organization grows, the costs of learning become more difficult to bear. The repercussions of our lessons learned are becoming more serious and are imposing a higher cost on our readers.

The reality, in this circumstance, is that we should not have sourced a piece published by a small website based on such limited, unverifiable information. We accept responsibility for doing so and are working to correct the aspects of our organizational culture which allowed this mistake to occur.

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Double-dipping on the yuks...

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Some of these veiled chicks can touch my banana. I know they want to!

11. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

You sure? Aren't you half Asian? ;)

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Dude probably wrote this after having gotten death threats from brothers in spirit of Hydhypedplaya.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

My alcohol tolerance is very high, too. Best of both worlds! :cool:

14. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

That girl is really cute. I wish I didn't smell like camel piss.

15. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member