1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ISIS Forces Last Iraqi Christians to Flee Mosul

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Jul 20, 2014.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Even chariot pulling in the Roman days were considered barbaric and horrifying at the time.

They are more than centuries behind. You are right, they are not human.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I feel bad to be pleased with Jordan's tit-for-tat execution of their prisoners. But unequivocally happy to see Jordanian airstrikes. Hoping for more.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That is fairly awesome, he's gone from being an extra on Star Trek Voyager to personally leading airstrikes against ISIS.

4. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

The King of Jordan used to be an extra on Star Trek Voyager?!? I love life -- it is so strange.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Only for a few seconds in one random episode and he was only on air for a few seconds with no speaking parts, but he apparently was a big Star Trek fan and wanted to do it, so it happened.

[​IMG]

and he has a fairly hot wife

[​IMG]

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hmm, wonder why that didn't work. I'll try again

[​IMG]

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Everyone meet King Abdullah the II, the only Muslim more respected by the right wing than Obama.

Trust me, after 20 consecutive Facebook news feed articles posted by my conservative veteran buddies about how King Abdullah is a true leader and Obama is a ISIL supporter, my statement is not baseless.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

air power!

ISIS messed with the wrong country.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zYQEU9y1z4I?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Major

Major Member

This is why ISIS is doomed to fail - they have no allies or partners in their quest. They are slowly but surely uniting the while Muslim world against them. The US cannot defeat them because anything we do is used as a recruiting tool - but ultimately the Muslim world will destroy them out of self interest.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

As horrible as it is, that region needs a common enemy. Not just any common enemy, but one that put extremists again moderate (relatively). The US being there (on the ground) diffuse that and so often was the common enemy.

They can settle their own beef with each other. The moderate will win out and destroy ISIS.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Except ISIS is full of crazy people. I don't think they really believe in anything. To quote a batman movie they just want to see the world burn. Will the Muslims have the will to fight. The Iraqi army pretty much deserted their posts when ISIS came. I don't know if the Muslims can defeat ISIS.

12. Major

Major Member

Agreed - I think this is exactly how it will ultimately play out. It will be a bloody, ugly mess in the interim, but it's the only way for this thing to end.

13. Major

Major Member

I agree with that - it's the reason for their downfall. They have no ability to govern anyone and no ability to develop any real political support. If they ever did form a nation-state of some sort, no one would trade with them or partner with them or anything like that, because the ISIS-state would be hell-bent on killing everyone.

Their whole mission is flawed - they are a basically like a modern band of barbarians. They can go around plundering and pillaging and killing, but they are incapable of taking the next step to governing because of their very nature.

Only Muslims can defeat ISIS, because the war is not going to be entirely won on the battlefield. The Iraqi army was a ragtag bunch of people - they didn't even have control of their own country. That's very different than an other established armies from that region. There's a reason ISIS hasn't tried to invade Iran or Saudi Arabia or Egypt. The only two places they've done anything are the two where there was already a large amount of chaos, due to Iraq's general mess and Syria's civil war.

ISIS can infinitely recruit new people to fight the US and other external enemies. There's 1.5 billion Muslims around the world, and they only need a tiny handful of them to be an effective terror army, as we see with all these other groups. It's when they alienate all the places where they would recruit from that they have problems. For example, any Jordanian that might have been sympathetic to ISIS' fight against the US or the west is probably going to be much harder to recruit now because there is still national pride. As they murder more "locals", they are going to keep alienating more and more people until their recruiting well dries up.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good points and this goes to what I've been saying all along. The overwhelming majority of those victimized by radicals and the overwhelming majority of those fighting radicals are other Muslims.

Islam isn't some united movement at war with the west but a very divided religion, culture and peoples. This is why I am very leery of blanket condemnations of Islam or calls to put all Muslims under suspicion.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I somehow doubt that the King of Jordan hopped in an F-16 and led an air raid - cool picture, but he flew helicopters (a long time ago).

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Again there are 1.5 billion Muslims some of them just want blow **** up. I sure they will find people. I guess we will see how strong Muslim army's are. Why aren't they going on the offensive. ISIS is a huge threat to them. I guess they are good at crushing their own people, but they have yet to fight any real army. The last time they did, Israel, they got their ass kicked.

17. Major

Major Member

Because there's really no place to go an offensive unless these armies are going to invade Iraq or Syria, which they probably have zero interest in doing. It's not like ISIS controls any territory on any of their borders.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Good for Jordan. These isis pos ***** need to obliterated.