1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ISIS Forces Last Iraqi Christians to Flee Mosul

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Jul 20, 2014.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I called you Islamists or possibly terrorist sympathizers, as you appear to be fans of the same ideology. I didn't call you terrorists. In my opinion, that would require you to actually cross the bridge to actual violence, and I don't have any indication that you have done that.

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

LOL

you keep on saying this like "where are all of the Muslims on ISIS"

well the answer is most are condemning them, or openly warring with them. I mean it's pretty point-blank. Every time you post this deafening silence trope, I have to put that out there.

1 person likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

And every time you are wrong. But you are just seeking attention, so it's ok.

4. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Good question. Why would anyone be anti-(an entire religion)?

2 people like this.
  5. Northside Storm

Attention for ideas, knowledge, and facts are always good.

sometimes, in my darkest days, I also have to admit that seeing you jump like a pitbull on a leash can be somewhat funny. ;)

keep on the crusade brother!

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Because religion is a chosen belief system?? Are you saying one cannot be against a belief system?
    One cannot choose what nation they were born into.

Well technically speaking there many who cannot choose to leave Islam openly either but that actually strenghtnes ATW's argument that Islam is inherently a cruel ideology.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Why not?

If the religion/ideology is associated with murder and terrorism in the world currently, e.g. in Nigeria (Boko Haram), Afghanistan/Pakistan (Taliban), Iraq/Syria (ISIS et al.), Libya (Islamist extremists trying to take over), with the subjugation of women (e.g. Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Pakistan), honor killings (e.g. Turkey), forced marriages of underage girls (e.g. Yemen), female genital mutilation (e.g., Somalia, Eritrea, and 25 other Islamic countries), rampant anti-Jewish hate (all over), worldwide oppression and penalization of gays and "apostates", stoning (e.g. Sudan, Yemen), worldwide intolerance and an "us vs. them mentality", then -

why not?

It is a different thing to reject an ideology or to reject people.

I reject the ideology of Islam because it is associated with way too much bad stuff in practice.

I do acknowledge that most people who happen to have been born into being followers of that religion/ideology don't support most of the excesses I mention above, and that most of these followers are peaceful. I have no problem with them as people.

As with other religious scriptures and rules (e.g., the bible, which contains a lot of weird stuff as well, when you read it from today's perspective), people can re-interpret them into something that helps them, gives them guidance and makes sense to them, and maybe gives them strength. There are highly intelligent people like dmc89 who just happen to be proponents of an Islam they defined for themselves and which they consider beautiful. Good for them, or maybe not, maybe they would be even better off if they freed themselves from the shackles of a questionable ideology - but at least I don't mind the people at all, as long as there are no negative consequences for other people from whatever they happen to practice or believe in.

But I do reject an ideology that is associated with all the negative things I mentioned above, and more.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Nobody cares, maybe it's time you notice. At least other people get a rise out of others, you are just like that annoying kid that keeps interrupting a conversation, desperately seeking attention.

9. Northside Storm

;)

You're too easy ATW, the easiest by far.

Smooch. Have a good day. Have fun starting random threads, and having really weird personal grudges.

1 person likes this.
  10. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

Are you sure?

more Brits signing up to join Isis tha uk armey reserve

http://allenbwest.com/2014/07/brits-signing-join-isis-uk-army-reserve/

from the daily mail

More Brits signing up to fight with jihadist in Iraq and Syria than for the uk armey reserve

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ist-militants-Iraq-Syria-UK-Army-Reserve.html

they are a part of the western world and have a modern life, and choose freely to be apart of the Isis, and the middle ages.

11. Northside Storm

look at these frowny faces.

emphasize the MOST part.

[​IMG]

12. Northside Storm

It sounds like the Brits just really suck at recruiting.

not too concerned unless those ISIS recruits number...300...

13. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Good to see Islam threads going in circles the way they usually do. Don't you folks get tired of making the same damn arguments? ATW seems to regurgitate the same crap almost every time and the same people fall for his throwup.

14. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Sigh. True. Need to put that neo nazi baby killing supporter on my ignore list.

15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

We've already been down that path. Prove me wrong. Show the thread that my statement you saw as 'going full r****d' is false & not in the Quran & Hadith.

I'm actually just sick to death of all the fighting, killing of innocents & hatred.

I see enough of it on social media, that's why I've stayed out of the D&D for a while, also no matter how much we try to show & tell you guys what's going to happen...I've found Lefties don't listen & and don't like facts.

I just hope & pray that the Assyrian people can be saved & there can also one day be peace in the Middle East.

16. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Yes we went down that path. And you were proved to be a crazy Islamophobe that cut and pasted random garbage from anti Islam websites.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The ole "out of context" line. Christian apologists love using it and so do Muslim apologists.

18. trustme

trustme Member

LOL ppl still reply to izakdavid? I thought everyone has him on ignore.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Maybe it's not Muslim-specific. Maybe it's human nature.

People want to associate themselves with a group when they feel like the group is unfairly attacked, or the group is having success. But if members of the group (a chosen one or one that one was just born into) are doing bad or even horrible things, one just sort of blocks it out, doesn't want to be reminded of it, doesn't want to be told that one is associated with it (the easiest way out is to say "they aren't even members of my group, because we are perfect, and if someone is not, then they are not members, so why would I have to feel any sense of responsibility"). Add to that the fact that most Muslims get raised from an early age to have an extremely negative image of Jews and Israel, which makes for a convenient scapegoat for own failures, and it's pretty clear to me why there are so many more Muslims on the streets in Europe protesting and demonizing Israel, rather than protesting against the atrocities their own fellow Muslims commit in Iraq/Syria (ISIS), in Nigeria (Boko Haram), and in many other places around the world.

It's much more appealing to be outraged about perceived injustices against your own group than to be outraged about injustices members of the group commit.

E.g., I am happy/proud that Germany won the world cup, even though I didn't play. But I don't really have fun if it is rubbed in my face that Germany pretty much started the last two world wars, and murdered millions of people. I think that overall we "cleaned house" in Germany after the Nazis were finally no longer in power, and we have become a pretty respectable country. But anyway, I would instinctively rather talk about the world cup, or maybe complain about not having gotten a penalty in the last match, or whatever.

So I do understand that it is human nature to rather point fingers than to have to deal with negative aspects of the group you are associated with.

Sadly, I think that Muslims worldwide have tons of "cleaning house" to do, and of course, it is much harder because the ideology is not pretty much isolated in one country (like Nazism was) and therefore the extremists within it are much more difficult to isolate and defeat. But I would encourage our Muslim friends here to consider thinking about whether it would not sometimes be better to spend more time on working on negative issues within the worldwide Muslim community, rather than cultivating an "us vs. them" mentality and pointing fingers at a comparatively tiny nation such as Israel and a comparatively tiny religious group such as the Jews.

It would surely increase the respect the rest of the world would have for Islam and for Muslims.

1 person likes this.
  20. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

It seldoms happens in a thread about the Islam, But I agree with this post of SJC. Human nature want to be part of a group, and wants to be negative about the people not in that group (to feel closer to that group). Especially when live is not easy people get more negative about people not part of their group. It is a survival strategy.

I agree that it is good that the more moderate people clearly show they do not agree with the more extreme peoplewithi the group they beleive they are part of. That being said I do not think they are responsible for their actions. For example I am not responsible for all the bad things the Netherlands does (or did).

Most Germans I know are sort of ashamed to be german (because of something that happened 70 years ago). While I sort of understand it, I do not like it. I do not believe the Current Germans are to blame for what happend in WWII. Most were noteven born at the time. Just like I am not to blame for the horrors the Dutch did in the colonies. I hate the guild by association.