1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isaiah Thomas to Orlando?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Jul 3, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Alex Kennedy & BasketballInsiders are fake news.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So what has he been doing this whole time? Preparing for the Big 3? China?

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol Kennedy strikes (out) again

BigMaloe and malakas like this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I seriously wonder where IT goes now that Orlando is out of the picture. There are no starting jobs.

IT gonna have to humble himself real quick. Take the best offer to be a 6th man on some team.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Maybe the Bulls?
    According to KC Johnson GarPax are very dissapointed with Dunn's work ethic this summer.

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That's at least a possibility.

Speaking of the Bulls. Dunn and Cam Payne. Woof!

BigMaloe and malakas like this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Jeez . . . the level that Boston Screwed I.T. is f*cking epic
    AGAIN
    *NEVER* play hurt for a team esp out of *LOYALTY*
    Teams are *NEVER* Loyal to players. . . . .expecting loyalty from players is assinine

Rocket River

ROCKSS and francis 4 prez like this.
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You don't think Boston made the right decision with IT? Trading him instead of opening the "Brinks truck" was one of the smartest things Danny Ainge has ever done.

Sajan and plutoblue11 like this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think I T made the WRONG decision to play through injury and heartbreak for a team and city that did not give a damn about him

Rocket River

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Ainge has been making MVP type moves for Boston. IT would be injured and underperforming. He can be trigger happy in Orlando to a likely losing record. I enjoyed his performance in the playoffs, last year. But, Boston is headed to the next level and I'm afraid that he was not going to be a solution to their team chasing championships.

#30 plutoblue11, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    Houstunna and Invisible Fan like this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Danny Ainge has been giving Deep Blue a run for his money in the GM wars.

What's your secret Danny boy?
    To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women!

Caesar likes this.
  12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

no doubt. i reserve the right to call kawhi leonard a b**** (especially since he didn't even take the $215M), but man if you even have a hangnail and you're up for a new contract, you shouldn't even think of playing for these teams.

coach, my leg is hurt, i don't think i can play.
    when do you think you'll be ready to play again?
    i'd say about july 2nd.

Rocket River and BigShasta like this.
  13. francis 4 prez

i can't tell if he's just good or lucky and good. no one could have foreseen the nets picks being so good but it was still smart to trade kg and pierce. he was definitely smart to give IT the heisman, healthy or not but unless he's a world class doctor why did he know something cleveland's guys didn't? also realizing marcus smart is probably not what you ultimately want to rely on is a good move. he looks like genius for trading fultz but mostly because the guy got injured and forgot how to play basketball after being the #1 pick. he looks like a genius for trading IT because he was even more injured and seemed to forget how to play basketball also. of course, he apparently went overboard on the voodoo dolls because he signed a guy who broke his leg 5 minutes into the season and traded for a guy who missed the playoffs.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. francis 4 prez

while i give him credit in the sense that plenty of stupid gm's would have backed up the brinks truck or succumbed to fan pressure to sign a fan favorite, any good gm should know that giving IT $40M per year would have been crazy.

i do feel bad for IT though. rose up from 6th man, played hard and through injury on a cheap contract, gave them an mvp type offensive season and playoffs, and then gets hurt before he can sign a new deal and now the guy is scrounging for MLE's. i mean i'll take the MLE if a team wants to give it to me, but that still has to suck.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't think the Celts and their fans are any different than others. I'm not sure IT cost himself any money because Celts probably wouldn't have paid him if he sat out instead of playing. Heartbreak? That is another story.
    100% agree.

Folks, think about it: Before the 2017 draft, IT was talking to Markelle Fultz about how they could play together in Boston. Next thing you know, Celts trade those two and end up with Kyrie and Tatum. Those were BOSS moves. Ainge fleeced two teams in one summer!

16. francis 4 prez

i think the kyrie trade is up in the air. stars demanding to be traded typically don't get much in return. while i think ainge won in the most obvious ways (kyrie is better than IT), so far he traded an injured point guard and the 8th pick for an injured point guard. in one year, kyrie is going to want ainge to call that brinks truck back and he's actually going to get that money. if he gets it in new york as the rumors go, then ainge gave up little and got little (or he gave up little and now has to pay kyrie max money per year). maybe they'll have already won a title next year or before they have to pay tatum/brown, but it's still an imperfect situation because kyrie isn't worth that money.

on the fultz trade he got lucky that adam silver fired sam hinkie and installed a pet gm to coincidentally make great trades with a premier franchise for the league to give some east coast balance to the west coast team that coincidentally didn't get basketball reasoned out of kevin durant. then he arranged for a hilarious twitter scandal to make us forget the fultz trade. colangelo was made the new gm and gave him a great trade.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

LOL! Wish I could rep this twice.

BigShasta likes this.
  18. Sajan

Sajan Member

lolol