1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isaiah Hartenstein wins G-League Player of the Week

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Mar 9, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

I feel for Harty, he's ready and would have been a fit last season with CP3.

“I’m just working on stuff down here,” Hartenstein said. “I’m not a G League player, and I know I’m supposed to be in the NBA. It’s unfortunate to be in a situation where they (the Rockets) are playing small ball and stuff, so I’m down here working on stuff.

https://www.themonitor.com/2020/03/10/vipers-hartenstein-know-nba/

fattz likes this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Fair enough.

But to suggest that any worry about stripping the team of all big men is just a "media narrative" is also a lazy way to defend the team building strategy. Westbrook is basically the only "center" we have on offense. And we are betting on him being healthy and his athleticism won't decline any time soon. When Westbrook is not playing, we have almost no inside game. Harden settling with step back 3 is not just an aesthetic thing. It is making the outside game more difficult because the opponent doesn't need to worry about the paint.

The potential problem on the defensive side is even more pronounced. Harden is probably our best post defender. But do you want to tire him out there guarding dudes 30 pounds bigger than him?

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Another big offensive game for Harty. But he (and Clemons) were just getting tore up on defense.

Vipers lose by a basket, missed 3ball by Clemons in final seconds.

I was pleasantly surprised by William Howard and Shawn Occeus, especially on defense.

Timberwolves I liked were Jarred Vanderbilt and Omari Spellman. They would be great fits in Rockets system.

4. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

No he should just make sure his agent chats up people around the league and let them know he is totally ready to play for a not dumb-as-**** franchise.

5. fattz

fattz Member

What more can this kid do? He needs to request a trade for his own good. The Rockets are not his answer as of the last game played this season.

D-rock likes this.